Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:19:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I deleted Bitcoin for the moment  (Read 896 times)
Pengboo (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:59:06 AM

Now my operating system isn't so stressed anymore Cheesy When Bitcoin was mining, often my system would lag, even freeze every few seconds. And this on a Core2Duo CPU. I now also have 400MB harddisk space free again now that the Bitcoin database is gone.

How can anybody take a currency serious that is dependent on electricity and where the maintenance costs more than what we get in return?
Skeenz

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 07:06:59 AM

Work complexity leads to the maintenance and operational costs that we all face.
These need to be accepted since without them bitcoins would be essentially free to generate.
The_JMiner

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 07:24:38 AM

sounds like you were running it on your CPU which is stupid regardless.

JoelKatz
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1012

Democracy is vulnerable to a 51% attack.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 10:26:00 AM

Now my operating system isn't so stressed anymore Cheesy When Bitcoin was mining, often my system would lag, even freeze every few seconds. And this on a Core2Duo CPU. I now also have 400MB harddisk space free again now that the Bitcoin database is gone.

How can anybody take a currency serious that is dependent on electricity and where the maintenance costs more than what we get in return?
Just stop mining. If you can't mine efficiently, don't do it. You don't need to mine to use bitcoins.

I am an employee of Ripple. Follow me on Twitter @JoelKatz
1Joe1Katzci1rFcsr9HH7SLuHVnDy2aihZ BM-NBM3FRExVJSJJamV9ccgyWvQfratUHgN
Coolhwip

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:47:33 AM
Last edit: July 17, 2011, 12:40:56 PM by Coolhwip

Silly newbs. Just because you failed at educating yourself about mining efficiently doesn't mean the currency is not sound.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:51:48 AM

Nice, goodbye.

Go back to your inflating dollar  Cheesy

Nicolai Larsen

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

Earthling

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 02:03:44 PM

Mining on a CPU?  Cheesy

Uhhh 400MB freed?  Cheesy

You should use your GPU instead. Do you have a GPU?

BTC: 1GUH16sneWgKuE1ArXrnYKN3njuherJQi1
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 03:11:28 PM

thats why this is the newb section

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
gnar1ta$
Donator

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 03:59:22 PM

"The Mint estimates it will cost 1.23 cents per penny and 5.73 cents per nickel this fiscal year, which ends Sept. 30. The cost of producing a penny has risen 27% in the last year, while nickel manufacturing costs have risen 19%." - http://www.usatoday.com/money/2006-05-09-penny-usat_x.htm (2006)

I ask that same question everytime I pull change from my pocket.

Losing hundreds of Bitcoins with the best scammers in the business - BFL, Avalon, KNC, HashFast.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: