Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:31:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: My Plan - does it check out?  (Read 102 times)
sean9000 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:04:52 AM

New to this. I've read through other posts but I'm still not completely clear on best way to restore a paper wallet to an *offline* copy of Armory without encountering problems.

1. I downloaded my copy of Armory from https://btcarmory.com/ but I haven't checked the signed hash file. Is this very important?

2. I have a Mac and Bitcoin Armory doesn't appear to be syncing...in any case I don't have enough free space to hold the entire blockchain. So my plan is to sweep my paper wallet  (it may have 0 or a small amount of BTC - I'm not sure - but I want to get an *accurate* assessment) into a new offline Armory wallet.

3. "Sweep any funds owned by this address into your wallet" is greyed out so my only choice is: "Import these address into your wallet".

4. Once the wallet address is imported, "Export key lists" of my new wallet.

5. Enter the (Public X? Public Y? key or something else?) into blockchain.info to determine what is actually held in the wallet.

Will this work? Or will I still need to access an online copy of BTCArmory to find out what the wallet balance is?

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: