Bitcoin Forum
August 23, 2024, 04:13:05 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is there any altcoin that will beat Bitcoin in 5 years  (Read 164 times)
lamcouz (OP)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:18:23 AM

Looking at the recent trend of altcoins, especially the mainstream ones - NEO, ETH, DASH, LTC, they all have the looks & gains they will beat bitcoin one day.

What do you think? Will anyone of them beat bitcoin in marketcap and $value?
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:27:21 AM

which you mentioned is a good altcoin that has good growth in the future, I see ETH, LTC, NEO still do not have the strength to survive when bitcoin prices fall, but different from DASH, able to balance the situation.
but I think altcoin above will not be able to use bitcoin. until bitcoin supplies run out.

Micerker J. Meyer

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:29:47 AM

For 5 years later, at now I dont think any altcoin can beat Bitcoin but for the future, I think Ethereum can beat Bitcoin
darkangel

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:38:02 AM

Looking at the recent trend of altcoins, especially the mainstream ones - NEO, ETH, DASH, LTC, they all have the looks & gains they will beat bitcoin one day.

Litecoin can defeat Bitcoin. Like many other currencies, Litecoin has benefited from the strong momentum of Bitcoin, attracting international attention. At $ 255.42 on Dec. 12, according to Coinmarketcap.com, Litecoin's virtual currency has risen to 5.758% this year (from $ 4.36 on Jan. 1, 1977). This helped Litecoin defeat Bitcoin
jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:43:33 AM

Litecoin was created by former Google employee Charlie Lee. In terms of market capitalization, Litecoin is the fourth largest currency in the world after Bitcoin, Ethereum and Bitcoin Cash. Since October 2011, the market capitalization of the virtual currency Litecoin has been at a low level. about $ 14.4 billion. Operating on blockchain, but Litecoin has its own characteristics. It uses scrypting instead of SHA256 like Bitcoin. Therefore litecoin is the currency that can beat bitcoin
rext

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:47:16 AM

Litecoin, the currency known as the 'Silver' of the virtual currency market, hit a record high of nearly 5800 percent this year, beating beat bitcoin rivals.
The price of the virtual currency litecoin hit $ 255.42 on Tuesday, according to Coinmarketcap.com. On January 1, 1977, litecoin traded at $ 4.36. Thus, this currency has increased to 5.758%
Litecoin is one of the virtual currencies that can compete with bitcoin in terms of trading efficiency, so this currency has become a choice for most investors to diversify their portfolio.
avia

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:51:33 AM

There are so many altcoins in the market right now but we can never know which one can overcome bitcoin or if there will ever be any altcoin that can overcome or beat it. Over the last few months, bitcoin value had drastically dropped but with it are also the values of some altcoins. If we take a look at some of the altcoins, there are certain altcoins that managed to recover and some have even grown. However, with the span of 5 years, there are so many things that can happen but for me, i find it quite impossible for a certain altcoin to beat bitcoin.

pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:03:03 AM

If you really foresee that one of them to beat BTC one day then I will add one of my own. Burst. I think the future of mining will be the more energy efficient Proof of Capacity.

If you try to post nonesense, then I will come up with nonesense of my own. I am not saying Burst is not a good project. It is, but I dont think it will beat BTC.
erickkyut

Activity: 1176
Merit: 509

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:20:47 AM

In 5 years time, I don't think of any altcoin that can beat Bitcoins but in more coming years, Xtrabytes has the potential to be the number one coin. It is decentralized and much more faster and cheaper in terms of transactions. Aside from that, it is more secure compare to other coins and its blocks are unlimited so no need to fork it.
spiderm4n15

Activity: 168
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:25:50 AM

altcoin that will beat Bitcoin in 5 years like ETH, BCH, BTG, XRP, XLM
that coin will be strong in the years ahead, like ripple have growing up until 4000%
since they launch
Baimovic

Activity: 1210
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:29:54 AM

In 5 years time, I don't think of any altcoin that can beat Bitcoins but in more coming years, Xtrabytes has the potential to be the number one coin. It is decentralized and much more faster and cheaper in terms of transactions. Aside from that, it is more secure compare to other coins and its blocks are unlimited so no need to fork it.
yes, I agree with you. that in 5 years no one can pursue bitcoin. but what analysis you have done so you see Xtrabytes will be number one? and will many people use it?

safarabela

Activity: 353
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:51:37 AM

In 5 years all can happen, btc currently occupy the main position but not necessarily for the next 5 years, could be btc will be replaced by altcoin other. I think for the next 5 years eth will be able to beat btc.
rjbtc2017

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:56:32 AM

Of course not, because recent gains is not enough basis for this claim. As for me, basing on the community support, Bitcoin beats them all and we cannot say that alt coin cannot can beat Bitcoin. Bitcoin has always been open for this kind of competition, but if we are basing the current situation of Bitcoin, any alt coin can beat bitcoin, In terms of speed of transaction,confirmation and transaction fees.
expert4knowledge

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:57:46 AM

Stratis, Ethereum or Bitcoin cash, only one of these 3

██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                ▄███
              ▄███▌ █
             ▀▀▀██▄  █
           ▄███▄▄ ▀▀▀█
          █ █████▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄██ ███▄    █
        ▐███▀   ▀█   █
        ████     █   █
       ▄██▀▄█▄▄▄█▀   █
       ▀▄▄███▌      █
   ▄▄▄▀▀▀████       █
 ▄▀    ██ ██       █
▐▌     ██▌▐▌      ▀▄
█      ██ █         ▀▄
█      █▀▄▌          █
█   ▄▀█▄██           █
█ ▄▀      ▀▀▄▄▀▄     █
▀▀             █    █
               █  ▄▀
               ▀▄█
     ▀█████████████▄▄
  ▀ ▀▀▀███████████████▌
   ▀ ▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀██████         ▄███████▄      ▄▄███████▄    ▄███▄    ▄███▄ ▄███▄      ▄███▄
▀ ▀▀▀▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▌       ▄████▀▀▀████▄   ▐████▀▀█████   ▀████▄  ▄████▀ █████▄    ▄█████
    ▀▀███████████████▀       █████     ████▌          ████▌    ▀████████▀    █████▄  ▄█████▌
   ▀ ▀████████████████▀ ▀    ██████████████▌   ▄▄██████████     ▄██████▄      █████▄▄█████▌
     ██████      ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀ █████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    █████▀▀▀█████    ▄████████▄      ██████████▌
     ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▄ ▄    ████▄▄   ▄▄█▄   ████▄  ▄█████  ▄█████▀▀█████▄     ████████▌
     █████████████████▀        ▀███████████   ▀████████████  ████▀    ▀████      ██████▌
     ██████████████▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀    ▀▀        ▀▀        █████
                                                                                ▄█████
                                                                            ▄███████▀
                                                                            ▀████▀▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
|█████████████████
███████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
  WHITEPAPER 
  LIGHTPAPER...
|Instant Deposit
✓ 24/7 Support
Referral Program
Lindazz

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:00:02 AM

I think it's very difficult, if there is altcoin beyond the BTC, then the whole cryptocurrency market will change a lot, and even the whole cryptocurrency market will become confused.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:05:35 AM

There is a possibility that sooner or later the coins that you mentioned will be able to beat bitcoin or another altcoin that is not develop yet would beat bitcoin. If the issues with bitcoin would not be solved then investors may think of shifting their funds to another coin because they would just lose. The thought of making bitcoin the currency as mentioned by its developers is not coming in fruition because there is a lot of problems. We should always diversify our investment in case another coin would get the crown from bitcoin and beware of FUDs and FOMOs claiming that they are true bitcoin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
YzzyGo

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:25:24 AM

NEO and ETH are two of the most hard gainers in terms of platforms for coins. Mostly ETH. Their smart contracts are always in demand sometimes resulting in the recent congestion that happened to ETH. For me, they're a good replacement for Bitcoin. Not just now.
Hannahanto

Activity: 826
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:32:30 AM

There are chances to reach in marketcap, but its hard to reach its value in 5 years. By then, bitcoin value would have been reached sky high. It would be unreachable by then. The altcoins you nave chosen are the top ones listed in coinmarketcap.com. ETH or LTC would be the second one to follow. ETH and BCH would be competing with bitcoin as always holding their places.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:35:15 AM

NOPE, it is not possible that any altcoin can reach to price of BTC in  year because it need such high performance that it can get such large number of users like BTC while any altcoin still in market are not famous or liked by people. While BTC is also improving their performance more and more due to which speed of attracting more users are also very quick as compare to altcoin.
buternasek

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:39:10 AM

I think there is, because today many new coins are popping up
Bitcoincash, also in gadang as a bitcoin competitor in the future, but I doubt it because I think that ETH is more dominating bitcoin
and to replace bitcoin in the future I think is ETH
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: