Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Selling BTC for paypal  (Read 213 times)
rojasaldo (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:31:31 AM

Hello, im selling btc and i accept paypal

my rate is preev + 5%
min:  $400

Im not sending first since you will pay by paypal, PM for more info.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lil Mac

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:39:43 AM

You better locate escrow then because literally no one here will send you anything first
rojasaldo (OP)

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:51:27 AM

Paypal works like an escrow here!

You send me paypal and then i send you bitcoins.  If i dont send nothing, you can just open a dispute and you have your money back.
If i send first but then you dont send me paypal, how can i have my bitcoins back?
Lil Mac

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:03:18 AM

You send me paypal and then i send you bitcoins.  If i dont send nothing, you can just open a dispute and you have your money back.
If i send first but then you dont send me paypal, how can i have my bitcoins back?

Lol that scam is so old and played out. You receive the money then immediately move it to another account or it's a man in the middle scheme. Either way Literally no one here will send you first.
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:51:42 PM

PAypal is not an escrow. If you want to trade, use an escrow.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 03:19:30 PM

Trade honorably and honestly. Stop being a scammer.

PayPal is not an escrow service and they don't always protect those who send or pay first. Their fraud protection policies only apply to those which allow payments to be disputed or charged back.

Scammers exploit this by either using MITM to buy bitcoins at the expense of those who pay by PayPal (so essentially the scammer doesn't lose a single cent, even if the payment is later disputed) or by quickly spending the funds before a dispute is opened.

If you are not a scammer, you will send your coins to a trusted escrow on this forum who will confirm they do have the bitcoins and then (and only then) will a buyer send the PayPal payment. I'm expecting you to be unhappy about this suggestion. Why? Because there are no coins to be escrowed. Am I right.. or am I right? (no option for being wrong here!)

If my assumption is wrong, prove it by engaging a trusted escrow here and trading as I suggested above. I will then apologize and retract this post.

exchange.blue

Activity: 420
Merit: 40

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:22:20 PM

1.5 months later paypal finally gave birth.

https://snag.gy/mClgs7.jpg

Here is the face of the scammer: 
- https://snag.gy/Fy7bAL.jpg

Apparently, the eBay buyer whom i confirmed called the credit card company and submitted a dispute on paypal. Since sale of a bitcoin via ebay isn't covered by the paypal seller protection policy, they took my money to cover their looses.

WORD OF ADVISE: STAY AWAY FROM PAYPAL!
tekin_ural

Activity: 211
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:43:19 PM

Listen to exchange.blue and find another methods for bitcoin trading - what he says is true.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: