Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:35:17 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITCONNECT down for 24 hours or more?  (Read 508 times)
akdperry (OP)

Activity: 82
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:49:20 AM

I only invested a small amount of BTC before I knew what this was, however I have already made more than my investment so no worries.  However the site has been down for nearly 24 hours as far as I know, maybe longer. super vague posting on their site too about it.  anyone have anything on this?

lakimens

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

PVxYGaa1UZM6oDqW3ZKe4Esi18DgwBpDkr

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:51:26 AM

Well, they might be nearing their end. They have opened an ICO called BitConnectX, might be their exit strategy or an "upgraded" platform to attract more investors.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ PRiVCY ($PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project Best privacy crypto-market! █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ───────────────── WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June][Bounty]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet Windows  |  macOS  |  Linux
bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:52:28 AM

Their twitter says they are being DDoSed.

https://twitter.com/bitconnect/status/952584072144056320

“We are still under DDos attack, thank you for your patience.... we are still working on it!!!”@bitconnect
akdperry (OP)

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:58:38 AM

“We are still under DDos attack, thank you for your patience.... we are still working on it!!!”@bitconnect

copy that thanks.  I looked at that bit connectx.  it literally had nothing in the days leading up to it, about it.  no white paper nothing.  again glad I only put a little into it, but my returns I get I just flip to BTC and extract. 
skylar

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

Esport Ecosystem

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:06:01 AM

and then you cant withdrawall your coin  Cheesy Cheesy. or maybe their maintenance mode is just to prevent people to cash out their coin, who knows. IMO lending platform are teriblle, it is just for people who want to face high risk.

Well, they might be nearing their end. They have opened an ICO called BitConnectX, might be their exit strategy or an "upgraded" platform to attract more investors.
thats what Im thinking about, why not airdrop & choose ICO? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

but if you want to invested on it make sure that dont save on their web wallet, save on your desktop wallet so you can trade your if something bad happen
 Smiley Smiley
pmansenior

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:17:35 AM

and then you cant withdrawall your coin  Cheesy Cheesy. or maybe their maintenance mode is just to prevent people to cash out their coin, who knows. IMO lending platform are teriblle, it is just for people who want to face high risk.

thats what Im thinking about, why not airdrop & choose ICO? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

but if you want to invested on it make sure that dont save on their web wallet, save on your desktop wallet so you can trade your if something bad happen
 Smiley Smiley

thats is bad news, I save my bcc coin on their web wallet. did the service will be back soon ?? did it ever happen with thier service ?
OMG Im so terible right now
julerz12
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1125

Telegram: @julerz12

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:25:27 AM

Well it's clearly a ponzi-scheme so no surprise there.
In my early days on crypto-world, I've been a fan of HYIPs (High Yield Investment Platforms) and most of them use this kind of scheme and I'll tell you now, whenever a HYIP is about to close, bad things seems to happen first, DDOS-Attacks, Frequent senseless maintenance, and some other excuses just to pause their services for a while. After a couple of days, Boom, website down, Goodbye to all your investments.
So better not to get involve with such HYIPs in the first place or else, you'll end up losing everything.

toledotrips

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:45:21 AM

Well it's clearly a ponzi-scheme so no surprise there.
In my early days on crypto-world, I've been a fan of HYIPs (High Yield Investment Platforms) and most of them use this kind of scheme and I'll tell you now, whenever a HYIP is about to close, bad things seems to happen first, DDOS-Attacks, Frequent senseless maintenance, and some other excuses just to pause their services for a while. After a couple of days, Boom, website down, Goodbye to all your investments.
So better not to get involve with such HYIPs in the first place or else, you'll end up losing everything.

You mean invest early enough that when you lose the initial 100 bucks, that's just the cost of doing business. pulled a few hundred out in BTC already.
klixion

Activity: 645
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:56:39 AM

Maybe Bitconnect should consider rebranding to Bitdisconnect.  For a billion dollar cryptocurrency project to be down for this long is unacceptable.  This situation will have a negative impact on the project. 
cryptotitan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:18:22 AM

Ive heard they received cease and desist in the U.S probably they will shutdown forever for good,never join these ponzi schemes.

m.vina

Activity: 280
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:20:06 AM

Maybe Bitconnect should consider rebranding to Bitdisconnect.  For a billion dollar cryptocurrency project to be down for this long is unacceptable.  This situation will have a negative impact on the project.  

Exactly. This is so unlikely that a billion dollar project will so easily be ddosed meaning it is more than likely that they are already ending their ponzi scheme. I wouldn't be surprised if the next thing they say is that they were "hacked" and that all the money was stolen (when in reality they hacked themselves and are laughing at all the investors whose money they stole).

Everyone was warning raising red flags and warnings against bitconnect. If you still foolishly invested in them despite this, then its your fault your money is now gone.

M O Z O   //     $31M RAISED!     PRE-LISTED on Coinrail     $450k Bounty Tradable on 8/8/18
●            ●                       VERSACE & 38,000 Stores are accepting MOZO TOKENS                       ●            ●
●            ●            WHITEPAPER        MEDIUM        TELEGRAM        ANN THREAD            ●            ●
iluvbtc

Activity: 221
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:31:59 AM

Bitconnect is now the property of the Queen of England, including all the assets. They filed papers anonymously and didn't complete the required registration so it defaults to the queen. I am being serious. It was a scam.
wayaneka

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 03:33:54 AM

I bought BCC coin when the price $1,7 and sell all the coin a few week ago. The coin of Bitconnect actually is real cryptocurrency that we can mine by self but the lending program can be fraud and use only ponzi scheme.  I think Bitconnect will back soon with new strategy to attract new member. In my country Indonesia Bitconnect is booming and many my friends join in it.

cryptonero

Merit: 12

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:55:03 AM

Well what do you expect to this well crafted ponzi scheme? they will shutdown wihtout notice after they got their profits just like the other ponzi schemes,nothing new i pitty those who invested in bitconnect scam.

rommelzkie

Activity: 294
Merit: 125

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:05:23 AM

I only invested a small amount of BTC before I knew what this was, however I have already made more than my investment so no worries.  However the site has been down for nearly 24 hours as far as I know, maybe longer. super vague posting on their site too about it.  anyone have anything on this?

It is better to stay away at bitconnect at the moment. Because they may be starting to exit and create a new ponzi scheme. New participants will suffer huge losses. this is the cycle of a ponzi scheme so you must already know that.

Yuppers

Activity: 4

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 04:32:26 AM

Not sure, it depends on how much you trust them. They are still updating their social media sites letting people know it's still down. It would be huge news if it did go down. If it's truly a ponzi, then BitconnectX is what they're doing to gather more funds, but if they were exit scamming out of Bitconnect, then BitconnectX is a definitely scam because why would they go through the trouble of announcing this and trying to follow through with it with some new company. Nobody would trust them if they exit scammed out of Bitconnect, so BitconnectX wouldn't even get off the ground.

I'm all about Davor anyways. At least they're a bit more transparent and are paying nicely. But like I said, I'm glad I found a new one so perhaps this thing can go on for a year like Bitconnect. I just need it to last a year and I'm all good in the hood.
LtMotioN

Merit: 29

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:53:07 AM

Not sure, it depends on how much you trust them. They are still updating their social media sites letting people know it's still down. It would be huge news if it did go down. If it's truly a ponzi, then BitconnectX is what they're doing to gather more funds, but if they were exit scamming out of Bitconnect, then BitconnectX is a definitely scam because why would they go through the trouble of announcing this and trying to follow through with it with some new company. Nobody would trust them if they exit scammed out of Bitconnect, so BitconnectX wouldn't even get off the ground.

I'm all about Davor anyways. At least they're a bit more transparent and are paying nicely. But like I said, I'm glad I found a new one so perhaps this thing can go on for a year like Bitconnect. I just need it to last a year and I'm all good in the hood.

BitconnectX wouldnt be an exit  scam imo, since they havent sold out that ICO yet. If they were using it for an exit  scam they would have milked that ICO dry first.
I checked the ICO out, didnt invest. Its basically gonna be a decentralized exchange, they limited each investor to 500 or 5000 (i cant remember) USD per day for the ICO. It also had a daily hard cap. They could probably raise 200m USD in an ICO if they wanted to, but they didnt, they limited the hell out of that ICO so i really doubt bitconnectx is intended as any form of an exit scam.

But again, BCC is a risky one, im on it too with a tiny bit of money and shockingly for all the risk it exposes us to its the worst performing of all my investments

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
X-avier

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:32:08 AM

Conventional doss attack that happens every day with thousands of other projects and sites, this project is the father of the founder in this line of business, I think he will survive all the projects of similar nature

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Swinging Phallus

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:46:30 AM

I always stayed far away from bitconnect, I heard about it early june and was tempted by all the possible profits but seeing a bunch of youtubers spouting referrals everywhere and the pyramid scheme made me think twice though. From what I know, your funds are locked for a certain duration if you have invested in BCC. If that's the case for you I hope things work out because it's easy to see that this kind of lending program is not built to last.
LtMotioN

Merit: 29

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:50:12 AM

Site is up for me right now if you guys wana pull out your money.

Dogs are nice, I don't like cats though.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: