Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Safe to use bitcoin2cc? (requires sending them funds via mybitcoin.com)  (Read 1663 times)
Capitan (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:07:58 AM

I want to buy a virtual CC from bitcoin2cc.com. Anyone have experience using this service? I haven't seen any negative reports in this forum about them. I clicked the link to purchase one of the virtual CC's and it takes you to a page on mybitcoin.com where it asks you to send the bitcoins. This seems fine but there is a thread on this forum with people complaining that mybitcoin.com is a scam. From what I can tell these people lost their passwords and that is the reason they can't access their funds on mybitcoin.com, is that correct? I wouldn't be creating an account with them, just using them to send the bitcoins to bitcoin2cc. Is this safe? Are both of these sites legit?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 08:18:35 AM

I want to buy a virtual CC from bitcoin2cc.com. Anyone have experience using this service? I haven't seen any negative reports in this forum about them. I clicked the link to purchase one of the virtual CC's and it takes you to a page on mybitcoin.com where it asks you to send the bitcoins. This seems fine but there is a thread on this forum with people complaining that mybitcoin.com is a scam. From what I can tell these people lost their passwords and that is the reason they can't access their funds on mybitcoin.com, is that correct? I wouldn't be creating an account with them, just using them to send the bitcoins to bitcoin2cc. Is this safe? Are both of these sites legit?

Mybitcoin is legit. The Madhatter runs bitcoin2cc and I used to think he was good, but after buying from his site bitcoinsextoys.com and getting the free shipping (only shipping) which turns out to be 4-8 weeks (surprise) and not getting my package after 8 weeks I can't recommend doing business with him. In fairness I haven't used bitcoin2cc.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
bitcoinTrader

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:19:48 AM

For virtual cc, I have used bitcoincashout.com.
I got prompt email regarding the card information.

Capitan (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:57:24 AM

I ended up getting the card from bitcoin2cc and it seems OK. But when I tried to make a purchase with it the transaction was declined. I logged into the website of the virtual cc (idealgift.com) and it said the reason was "Restricted country". The details of the transaction list fields like merchant city, merchant zip, merchant state, etc. I'm guessing those are supposed to be submitted by the online merchant that i'm trying to buy services from? And perhaps the bank is rejecting their info? Or is the merchant's CC processing service rejecting my Virtual CC's bank's info or something? The address registered with the virtual CC is one in the US.
Capitan (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 03:17:39 PM

Card worked just fine for a purchase with a different online retailer. I think the first retailer i tried had some weird billing service that wasn't based in the US.
Xer

Activity: 99

View Profile
July 23, 2011, 10:24:58 AM

Yeah beware the bitcoin2cc credit cards, they only seem to work in the US. Nowhere on the bitcoin3cc web page does it state that they are us only.
I now have a Valid 100$ bitcon2cc creditcard that is useless to me :/. Mailed TheMadhatter about it but no response yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: