Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 09:51:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitstamp: List of Victim  (Read 420 times)
2kilo (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:44:57 AM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 12:19:16 PM by 2kilo

BitStamp selective scam victims list. In the continuation of topics [BitcoinTalk], [Russian Thread], [bits.media]

In this post, we are going to collect some of the most scandalous cases of payout ‘delay’ which are considered to be selective scam by Bitstamp. For now, we have registered more than 10 cases with the overall pecuniary damage amounted to more than US$ 1,5M.
Aforementioned cases may often be referred by one of the following:
1.   Customer’s account deleted without notification or any communication, the account balance has not been paid out to the customer.
2.   Withdrawal transaction got lost.
3.   Deposited amount has not been credited to the customer’s account.
We have referred by #3 only cases of delay for more than 3 weeks, so far as we understand that the delay may happen due to public holidays, for instance. To our knowledge, there are more than 100 cases of delay for 7 to 25 days.

We have been collecting the cases from public sources for a last week, It will be updated as new cases are identified. There is good reason to believe that there are many more cases of scam which go unreported. We kindly ask you to report to us any delays for more than 20-30 days by providing the following details:
1.   Your BitStamp account number.
2.   Case description.
3.   Date.
4.   Amount.
5.   Support ticket number.

We would like to bring this list to attention of the law-enforcement authorities, mass media, cryptocurrencies community and BitStamp.

https://s18.postimg.org/wfyqbbvrd/list_of_victim_19.01.18.png

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2kilo (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:34:11 PM

List of victims updated!
Loss of the list, over 1 500 000$. Total losses can be multiplied by 2
Kloug

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:14:46 PM

I had already started a thread like this, but anyway:

My ticket 306719 was introduced the 22.12.2017, for 2775 XRP's "lost" in their trap XRP IOU address.

I also have proof that I started selling the remaining XRP's that I had, starting at 2eur, and I was planning to sell them progressively. Thus my loss right now is those XRP's that still haven't been given back, as well as pretty much the difference between what they are now worth, and what they were a few weeks ago when I started selling. Meaning, somewhere between 5500 and 7500eur.
2kilo (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:05:50 AM

Meaning, somewhere between 5500 and 7500eur.

You added! Im write 7000$, send you BS ID
Kloug

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:41:08 PM

I don't think you should ask for ID's, but: vuci1033
2kilo (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:20:25 PM

List of Victim updated!
As we see, there are also very small sums
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 12:55:29 PM

There are no victims here. Bitstamp is a regulated and legitimate exchange. Blocked funds (or perceived/assumed "losses") are most probably undergoing scrutiny or enhanced checks. I suggest you regularly contact them to remind them of any open and unresolved tickets. The one thing you should all remember is that exchanges are now very busy dealing with floods of new account registrations.

Remind them regularly of any unresolved issues and they will eventually resolve it. Bitstamp has been around for nearly a decade and they are one of the very few exchanges licensed to operate legally. They have an almost bank-like status in the EU.

Try contacting their CEO on his twitter account:

https://twitter.com/nejc_kodric

Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 04:10:40 PM

Remind them regularly of any unresolved issues and they will eventually resolve it. Bitstamp has been around for nearly a decade and they are one of the very few exchanges licensed to operate legally. They have an almost bank-like status in the EU.

I agree that Bitstamp is one of the best exchanges (alongside of Gemini). However, your last statement might be
a bit of a stretch. Bitstamp claimed to be licensed in Luxemburg for years but has recently scrapped the reference
from their homepage, which at least indicates that their license has not been granted yet.

Personally, I have used Bitstamp for several years and never had any problem and would really recommend them.
Especially, because they take security very seriously and the last time they were hacked no customer had to take
a haircut and since then they have increased their security measures even more, which might partly be responsible
for the issues that some of the people in this thread are facing.

2kilo (OP)

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:15:03 PM

Personally, I have used Bitstamp for several years and never had any problem

I traded 4 years, with them, and what? They just deleted my account, and for more than 3 weeks I have not seen all my money

Bitstamp claimed to be licensed in Luxemburg

Their license is received for the "Bitstamp Europe" company, and the Bitstamp company from London itself serves the stock exchange. Ie it's all an illusion.
Below is the CSSF regulator response, from Luxemburg

https://s17.postimg.org/p72m6ikvj/cssf.png
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 08:55:06 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 09:09:58 PM by warningsigns

Very interesting. So they operate under 2 separate entities? One under CSSF supervision and the other outside CSSF jurisdiction? If this is true, then this seems to open a can of worms.

With both entities named almost the same, what's stopping them from using the unsupervised "Bitstamp Limited (London, UK)" entity for most if not all their exchange operations, effectively making it an unlicensed entity and giving little to no protection to traders? Whereas the supervised entity would be there to simply show they are accredited and licensed.

To avoid jeopardizing their highly valued license, I'm guessing they are operating the exchange as Bitstamp Limited (London, UK) while Bitstamp Europe S.A. is not linked to their actual operations, making it difficult for their customer base to complain about any issues (since their UK entity is an unregulated one).

They are still a very reputable and safe exchange, but this dual entity system makes me think they thought about a plan B to safeguard their Luxembourg credentials.

FINANCIAL REGULATION
Our business model, and our Service, consists of facilitating the buying, selling and trading of Bitcoins and their use to purchase goods in an unregulated, international open payment system. The Services we provide are currently unregulated within the UK.

Kloug

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 09:11:32 PM
Last edit: January 19, 2018, 09:26:04 PM by Kloug

I'd think that Bitstamp would PREFER to be regulated, but can't because this is no normal trading.
They would porbably like to not be required to have a lot of fiat reserve & get away with it legally. But the reserve requirement for normal trading is probably low & wouldn't be suitable for crypto where the whole market could crash -90% overnight.
That's right, I think it's more of Bitstamp's interest to be regulated, than the user's interest. A bit like you put cancerogenous stuff in your food, you can get away saying "but the european union allows it".

Out of the exchanges that I use, it's on Bitstamp that I prefer to keep most of my fiat (which sucks a bit when it comes to arbitrage), I find it safer as Bitstamp is *supposed* to have real money, whereas others use coupons such as tethers. But I really hope that they do.

Blocked funds (or perceived/assumed "losses")

I've sold part of my coins that weren't blocked at a price, it still went upwards with no abrupt dump, I had all the time to sell the rest. Of course it's a loss for me, it's not perceived.
It's not "I could have bought & sold this using my fiat", I did start to progressively sell what I had, the rest I couldn't sell because it's blocked.

You know who else was blocking people's money? BITCONNECT. And those were at least promizing interests upon release.
Here it's "but don't worry, it has been a month but you will eventually get your coins back".
Samarkand

Activity: 658
Merit: 282

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:12:39 PM

I traded 4 years, with them, and what? They just deleted my account, and for more than 3 weeks I have not seen all my money

I understand that you are frustrated in your situation. However, very often
the people, who complain in forums like this leave out important pieces of information
that are critical for a good interpretation of the situation.

E.g. a user recently complained that Bitstamp shut down his account with a 5-digit
fiat balance and later it became evident that this guy was heavily involved
in dark net activities. At first I was wondering why Bitstamp would shut down a legit
account like this, but later it became obvious that they couldn´t possibly continue
to serve such users unless they want to be accessories for criminal activities.

I´m not implying that you are guilty of the same, but very often Bitstamp´s decisions
to close an account are actually justified.

kiss moon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:22:29 PM

I understand that you are frustrated in your situation. However, very often
the people, who complain in forums like this leave out important pieces of information
that are critical for a good interpretation of the situation.

E.g. a user recently complained that Bitstamp shut down his account with a 5-digit
fiat balance and later it became evident that this guy was heavily involved
in dark net activities. At first I was wondering why Bitstamp would shut down a legit
account like this, but later it became obvious that they couldn´t possibly continue
to serve such users unless they want to be accessories for criminal activities.

I´m not implying that you are guilty of the same, but very often Bitstamp´s decisions
to close an account are actually justified.

Could you show links on the forum or Reddit on the user you are talking about?
Surfthru

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 03:03:08 PM

Waiting on XRP deposit for close to a month.  They should cover trading losses based on the price when transferred and the peak. The amount of posts on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitstamp/ including people waiting on $100,000 of funds to be returned is nonsense. While BitStamp continues to add new accounts, not servicing their existing customers.

Ripple needs to REMOVE BITSTAMP from the "Where to buy XRP"page on RIPPLE.com https://ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/ as a Recommend Place to buy XRP.  Ripple is sending more people daily into the Black Hole know as BitStamp.
kiss moon

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 02:06:18 AM

Waiting on XRP deposit for close to a month.  They should cover trading losses based on the price when transferred and the peak. The amount of posts on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitstamp/ including people waiting on $100,000 of funds to be returned is nonsense. While BitStamp continues to add new accounts, not servicing their existing customers.

Ripple needs to REMOVE BITSTAMP from the "Where to buy XRP"page on RIPPLE.com https://ripple.com/xrp/buy-xrp/ as a Recommend Place to buy XRP.  Ripple is sending more people daily into the Black Hole know as BitStamp.

All the same, and Bitstapm refuses to solve problems for more than two months, and in some cases - 5 months. All this is a scam, which they explain by internal policy. As well as many of us understand, that Bitstamp conducts illegal actions and steals money. I do not understand why they keep money, it's arrest, confiscation, something else? Many times I have redirected to Reddit a link to this topic, as you can see, has not received replies to Reddit here. Where do you approve?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitstamp/comments/7rxm0f/top_of_the_longest_delayed_refunds_for_bitstamp/ - There are all the questions they do not answer me by email from the end of November and do not respond to Reddit, here and on Twitter. I am interested in the legitimate reasons for withholding money for such a long time - Bitstamp has nothing to say! Because they're a big fucking scam.
My bank can not check and find out whether the money was sent without the SWIFT messager, Bitstamp does not send a check with the number so my bank will check, because my bank is reliable and answers me 24 hours a day for a minute. But declares that they released my money on December 18, 2017, which I still have not received!

If someone wants to help us on behalf of the crypto community on Reddit, please ask a question Bitstamp-Domen https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitstamp/comments/7rxm0f/top_of_the_longest_delayed_refunds_for_bitstamp/  - So that they can not ignore us any more, cheat and steal money without legal grounds, decisions of state oragns, whom they fear and spend KYC.
Kloug

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:53:26 PM

For what it's worth, they have returned mine, and it took exactly a month, so you'll probably get yours back very soon.

Safe to say that I too won't settle for just that, if I was selling them now I'd still be at a nearly 4000eur loss. Plus I can prove I had started to sell them (the ones that weren't locked) above 2eur.
So I've asked them to buy them from me at a fair price (I'm not even asking their 2.76 ATH but somewhere in the middle, like 2.4, since I sell in stair steps). We'll see.
kiss moon

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 10:42:47 PM

For what it's worth, they have returned mine, and it took exactly a month, so you'll probably get yours back very soon.

Safe to say that I too won't settle for just that, if I was selling them now I'd still be at a nearly 4000eur loss. Plus I can prove I had started to sell them (the ones that weren't locked) above 2eur.
So I've asked them to buy them from me at a fair price (I'm not even asking their 2.76 ATH but somewhere in the middle, like 2.4, since I sell in stair steps). We'll see.

This is a common fraud, if money is sent then they will go to the bank, but the sons of bitches do not send them, because they have already stolen for themselves.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: