Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:12:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Claiming bitcoin Cash from bitcoin core/Ladger Nano S  (Read 83 times)
omershen (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:19:23 AM

Hallo,
my bitcoins were on the bitcoin core until from 2012 until the 1.12.2017, than i have moved them into a ladger-nano S wallet.
i am trying to claim the bitcoin cash through the bitcoin abc wallet but the account shows 0 BCC
Any ideas on how to or even if its still possible to claim the BCC?
thanks!
Xynerise

Activity: 322
Merit: 363

39twH4PSYgDSzU7sLnRoDfthR6gWYrrPoD

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:26:34 AM

Hallo,
my bitcoins were on the bitcoin core until from 2012 until the 1.12.2017, than i have moved them into a ladger-nano S wallet.
i am trying to claim the bitcoin cash through the bitcoin abc wallet but the account shows 0 BCC
Any ideas on how to or even if its still possible to claim the BCC?
thanks!
How are you trying to do it?
(I hope you're not running both on the same computer, or you installed ABC in a different directory so it doesn't overwrite your wallet.dat file from bitcoin core)

You said you sent out your bitcoin from bitcoin core so you can import your wallet.dat file into bitcoin ABC.
Backup bitcoin core wallet then copy and paste the wallet.dat file into the bitcoin ABC directory replacing the wallet.dat file there.
You'll have to wait and download the blockchain before you do this.

You don't have to do anything for the Ledger as the bitcoin cash did not go with the bitcoin when you sent it there.

omershen (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 08:23:00 PM

How are you trying to do it?
(I hope you're not running both on the same computer, or you installed ABC in a different directory so it doesn't overwrite your wallet.dat file from bitcoin core)

thanks for your reply Smiley
i have tried that.
I have backuped the wallet.dat from bitcoin core before sending the remaining bitcoin to the ladger.
than i have deinstalled the bitcone core and installed the bitcoinabc.
i have waited for the bitcoin abc to synchronize with the network and
than i have copied the wallet.dat originated from the bitcoin core into the bitcoin abc directory.
i must say that when i copied the wallet.dat, the bitcoinabc was still 2 days behind the synchronization, might that be problematic?

now the bitcoin abc wallet shows the last transactions i made but it shows them as BCH actions and the total sum of the wallet is still 0.00000000

much appreciate the help!
Xynerise

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 09:41:19 PM

You were NOT supposed to paste the wallet.dat file before the blockchain synced.
Rescan it so your BCash will show.
omershen (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 07:33:19 AM

You were NOT supposed to paste the wallet.dat file before the blockchain synced.
Rescan it so your BCash will show.

i have let the wallet sync and then deleted the old wallet and copied the new one.
i have closed the program and relaunched it
still it shows 0.00000000 BCH.
any ideas?
Xynerise

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:00:23 PM

Go into transactions. Right click and select Abandon Transaction for all post-fork transactions.

And then your BCC is right there.
Omershen, do the above.
It should work.
omershen (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:51:04 PM

Go into transactions. Right click and select Abandon Transaction for all post-fork transactions.

And then your BCC is right there.
Omershen, do the above.
It should work.

Yes!
thanks Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: