Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:48:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Please?? I think I'm going to cry.....  (Read 295 times)
HG_Lincs (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:22:12 AM

The amount of nonsense and misinformation that is circulating around this thread is Astonishing!!
There are going to be a lot of sad broke people in just a few years.

:1 out of every 10 people here have done research on what Bitcoin is, and actually have an understanding of what Crypto Currency is as a whole.
:But, 10/10 people have an opinion to share on, why Bitcoin will be the best/worst or which Altcoin will be the best/worst. And the purpose for these currencies.

I've only been active on these forums for about 2 days now, but I've been spending the past few months learning in depth, every possible thing I can about the Crypto Currency Space.

In these 2 days of reading what people are posting (In this section alone) is causing me to lose tremendous respect and faith for Humanity.

I can really see Crypto Currency being the way of the world in the future. But, before it gets there. It's really going to take out a whollllle lot of you along the way. I can see so many of you are going to be in very very rough shape in just a few years.

95% of you, are not taking the fking time to do your own research. All you guys do is watch a couple Youtube videos on what coins you should invest in. Then you take that Idea and post it here, for a whole bunch of internet people to decide for you.
Or, You just skip the youtube part, and just ask everyone on here what you should do.
You guys will see something on the news saying "Bitcoin is Dieing! It's going down!" or some shit like that, you take it for the truth, you sell your shit off. Then a day later Bitcoin grows by 30%. You are the people who don't even know what the companies behind Altcoins are doing. But, will be the first to say "The price is too cheap, it's not worth investing in" or some stupid shit like that. Meanwhile, you have the next Google being developed and you have a chance to get in on it at an AMAZING PRICE. You will believe anything you see. But failing to realize, when people are saying "You need to buy this coin" or "Bitcoin is bad, don't do it" Those people are making money off selling you those ideas. You all think it's the truth because you seen someone post a youtube video on it. Or you seen it on the news. You are the ones who are going to be sitting on the sidelines picking your noses and scratching your heads wondering WTF?.

The 5% of us, who have an understanding of Crypto, who Have spent days and months, even years researching everything we can, questioning everything, taking part in these communities, we are going to be the ones waiting here to say "I fkn told you so..."

Stop treating Crypto as a trading Asset. That is not why we have it here. The whole idea of Crypto and Bitcoin is so far over so many of your heads, it's utterly frightening. When you go to coinmarketcap next time. Instead of looking at the price chart... Go to the Website link that is provided by coinmarketcap to read and LEARN about the damn thing, from the correct source. Not just, "CryptoJohnny on youtube listed these currencies as his top 5 to make you rich in 2018"
I love all of you and I hope everyone gets a chance to succeed with Crypto Currency. But quite frankly, I can see a lot of people, losing a lot of fucking money, because they're just too damn lazy or they have the Know-it-All complex. Stay sharp My friends. I wish everyone the best.
Cheers.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 06:30:21 AM

I don’t think you have a true understanding of what’s happening here. It’s not only that people aren’t taking the time to learn, it’s that they are here to earn money by partaking in signature campaigns. They don’t care what they post; all they care about is getting their post count up by any means necessary, even if it means continually shitposting the same answer over and over to a thread that has been over discussed already.

Don’t lose your faith in cryptomanity over the shitposters. My best advice? Learn to use the “Ignore” feature underneath a member’s name. It will help your forum experience tremendously.

HG_Lincs (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:34:55 AM

See!! I still learn something new Every day!
I didn't even realize that was a thing! Thank you very much for your words!
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:37:21 AM

The amount of nonsense and misinformation that is circulating around this thread is Astonishing!!
There are going to be a lot of sad broke people in just a few years.

:1 out of every 10 people here have done research on what Bitcoin is, and actually have an understanding of what Crypto Currency is as a whole.
:But, 10/10 people have an opinion to share on, why Bitcoin will be the best/worst or which Altcoin will be the best/worst. And the purpose for these currencies.

I've only been active on these forums for about 2 days now, but I've been spending the past few months learning in depth, every possible thing I can about the Crypto Currency Space.

In these 2 days of reading what people are posting (In this section alone) is causing me to lose tremendous respect and faith for Humanity.

I can really see Crypto Currency being the way of the world in the future. But, before it gets there. It's really going to take out a whollllle lot of you along the way. I can see so many of you are going to be in very very rough shape in just a few years.

95% of you, are not taking the fking time to do your own research. All you guys do is watch a couple Youtube videos on what coins you should invest in. Then you take that Idea and post it here, for a whole bunch of internet people to decide for you.
Or, You just skip the youtube part, and just ask everyone on here what you should do.
You guys will see something on the news saying "Bitcoin is Dieing! It's going down!" or some shit like that, you take it for the truth, you sell your shit off. Then a day later Bitcoin grows by 30%. You are the people who don't even know what the companies behind Altcoins are doing. But, will be the first to say "The price is too cheap, it's not worth investing in" or some stupid shit like that. Meanwhile, you have the next Google being developed and you have a chance to get in on it at an AMAZING PRICE. You will believe anything you see. But failing to realize, when people are saying "You need to buy this coin" or "Bitcoin is bad, don't do it" Those people are making money off selling you those ideas. You all think it's the truth because you seen someone post a youtube video on it. Or you seen it on the news. You are the ones who are going to be sitting on the sidelines picking your noses and scratching your heads wondering WTF?.

The 5% of us, who have an understanding of Crypto, who Have spent days and months, even years researching everything we can, questioning everything, taking part in these communities, we are going to be the ones waiting here to say "I fkn told you so..."

Stop treating Crypto as a trading Asset. That is not why we have it here. The whole idea of Crypto and Bitcoin is so far over so many of your heads, it's utterly frightening. When you go to coinmarketcap next time. Instead of looking at the price chart... Go to the Website link that is provided by coinmarketcap to read and LEARN about the damn thing, from the correct source. Not just, "CryptoJohnny on youtube listed these currencies as his top 5 to make you rich in 2018"
I love all of you and I hope everyone gets a chance to succeed with Crypto Currency. But quite frankly, I can see a lot of people, losing a lot of fucking money, because they're just too damn lazy or they have the Know-it-All complex. Stay sharp My friends. I wish everyone the best.
Cheers.

Great post.
You have to take into account, that 95% of the people here are sig spammers. Their incentive is not to share/ask for information, but to raise their post count to earn more money.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Arwinkim

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 06:40:13 AM

LOL don't be so emotional. People need to learn hard that's why BCT is here to help each other, but part of the community unfortunately is after profit only without respecting others. I appreciate your words
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:47:23 AM

The main reason this is the case is because there are no professional financial services providing investment options with cryptocurrency. Few people create their stock portfolio on their own, they leave it up to a mutual fund or an actively managed fund to do so. There is no option for this with crypto, so people have to build their own portfolios. What you get is the same as if they just blindly picked stocks. It's easy to do well when the market is bullish no matter what you pick, but once the weaker coins start losing their hype, I think we'll see quite a few big losses.
HG_Lincs (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:53:43 AM

The main reason this is the case is because there are no professional financial services providing investment options with cryptocurrency. Few people create their stock portfolio on their own, they leave it up to a mutual fund or an actively managed fund to do so. There is no option for this with crypto, so people have to build their own portfolios. What you get is the same as if they just blindly picked stocks. It's easy to do well when the market is bullish no matter what you pick, but once the weaker coins start losing their hype, I think we'll see quite a few big losses.

Ok, I see exactly what you guys mean about the Signature posters.. I guess it's time to start building my ignore list.....

But
Yeah I didn't even know there was such a thing. But again, it leads to my point where I was saying.
People are just making money off selling you a fake bill of goods. Don't take it for batem and do your research!

I had done my research and these guys were driving me bat shit crazy haha. But, now I know. Thank you guys (No, not you MadZ. No one needs a 3rd party to do anything for them in Crypto Currency. You didn't even read my post did you... lol)
Generalbablita

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:59:46 AM

I don’t think you have a true understanding of what’s happening here. It’s not only that people aren’t taking the time to learn, it’s that they are here to earn money by partaking in signature campaigns. They don’t care what they post; all they care about is getting their post count up by any means necessary, even if it means continually shitposting the same answer over and over to a thread that has been over discussed already.

Don’t lose your faith in cryptomanity over the shitposters. My best advice? Learn to use the “Ignore” feature underneath a member’s name. It will help your forum experience tremendously.

Posting and replying the same non-sense comment over and over again. True that
johnlhy251

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:04:23 AM

Oh No!.
MadZ

Activity: 908
Merit: 657

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:17:56 AM

Ok, I see exactly what you guys mean about the Signature posters.. I guess it's time to start building my ignore list.....

But
Yeah I didn't even know there was such a thing. But again, it leads to my point where I was saying.
People are just making money off selling you a fake bill of goods. Don't take it for batem and do your research!

I had done my research and these guys were driving me bat shit crazy haha. But, now I know. Thank you guys (No, not you MadZ. No one needs a 3rd party to do anything for them in Crypto Currency. You didn't even read my post did you... lol)

No one needs your holier than thou nonsense. I've been following Bitcoin since 2013, so trust me, I know what it is. During that same period of time I've seen it drop from more than 90% market share to just over 30%. Moreover, I agree with you that most people buy coins for the wrong reasons. That being said, it's foolish to blindly assume that Bitcoin will end up being the dominant cryptocurrency just because it was the first to become popular. Cryptocurrency is a revolutionary invention, but it remains to be seen in what way it will ultimately succeed. Personally, I have the majority of my holdings in BTC, however, I hold a non trivial number of alternative cryptocurrencies that have similar aspects (decentralized, mineable). Many of the coins being created recently have little to no use, yet receive hundreds of millions of dollars in investment from people hoping to get rich. Responsible third parties could prevent this from happening on such a large scale if they allocated these funds more efficiently by doing exactly what you said: looking at what service a coin provides/problem it solves, not looking at the potential profit from doing so.
MattLeBlanc

Activity: 364
Merit: 37

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:27:21 AM

Didn't even know that people are getting so much money from signature advertising, no wonder there are so many multi accounts details in one of the sections.  Shocked

But I see their post as their own opinion and everyone will tell you to invest in a coin if they've invested in it. It's their selfishness which runs through their post to increase the value of that coin.
HG_Lincs (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:04:24 PM

Well would you look at that. I kind of want to let out an LOL.
I just took a look at the markets today (Jan 16th 2018) And I just happened to notice the whole market is down pretty large.

I just want to have a moment of silence, for every moron who tried to jump in on this market by investing more than they could afford.
As I said in the original post on this topic.

Told, you, so.
Wonder if anyone listened?
I hope not too many people want to kill themselves right about now...
BTCforJoe

Activity: 882
Merit: 976

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 04:19:38 AM

Well would you look at that. I kind of want to let out an LOL.
I just took a look at the markets today (Jan 16th 2018) And I just happened to notice the whole market is down pretty large.

I just want to have a moment of silence, for every moron who tried to jump in on this market by investing more than they could afford.
As I said in the original post on this topic.

Told, you, so.
Wonder if anyone listened?
I hope not too many people want to kill themselves right about now...

Any responsible cryptocurrency investor understands that these are typical dips in the market, and historical data shows that these dips are very common for this time of year.

Instead of rubbing your fud in the faces of new investors, why not take the opportunity to properly explain how trading markets work? "Told you so" isn't going to make anything better, and you're just as uninformative and cancerous to the crypto industry as the very people you were describing in your original post.

Wandika

Activity: 508
Merit: 250

In CryptoEnergy we trust

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:22:43 AM

Never get too stressed, it's just normal. If you're in need on money at this moment then sorry, but if not better hold, if you sell now, you will just lose again. Hold and don't watch the market moves until you made up your mind.

virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:39:16 AM

It is true that we are inspired to enter into a market only after getting some good bright news about it;  due to our self interests we are attracted towards the subjects where we believe earning / gaining.  This is all human nature.  Only due to this reason some persons may try to fraud you and take away your savings /  hard earned money.
So my humble advise always is to just study deeply; gain knowledge to 100% levels before investing.  In case you do not know much about the market do not invest your hard earned money in it.  Till then other work like posts; signature / bounty campaigns may be participated.
Never invest the money which you can not afford to loss.  Never put all the eggs in the one basket.
CryptosapienZA

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:41:35 AM

I agree with this 100%..Theres way too much shit posting here. Secondly I do think there is an obsession with price especially by the newbies. Just because they have made a few bucks on the recent bull run, they think they are genius. One really has to be careful about the source of any information.
bitcoinzen

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:46:11 AM

Many media houses created FUD in market so market started to fall it is panic sell market will raise again
Calhoun10524

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:53:46 AM

As with anything the media gets their hands on, they will say what they need in order to get traffic for profit.

It becomes caveat emptor.  It is up to us as the consumer to do our own research and sift through what is out there to decide what is real and what is fake.

There are many on here who are looking to make a quick buck and have no understanding of the underlying principle or any desire to learn what crypto currency is.  We have to abide with them here and keep working to both educate those who don't know and work to learn more ourselves to further understand the market to ensure crypto maintains its relevance and grows.
wilhb81

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:57:20 AM

No one needs your holier than thou nonsense. I've been following Bitcoin since 2013, so trust me, I know what it is. During that same period of time I've seen it drop from more than 90% market share to just over 30%. Moreover, I agree with you that most people buy coins for the wrong reasons. That being said, it's foolish to blindly assume that Bitcoin will end up being the dominant cryptocurrency just because it was the first to become popular. Cryptocurrency is a revolutionary invention, but it remains to be seen in what way it will ultimately succeed. Personally, I have the majority of my holdings in BTC, however, I hold a non trivial number of alternative cryptocurrencies that have similar aspects (decentralized, mineable). Many of the coins being created recently have little to no use, yet receive hundreds of millions of dollars in investment from people hoping to get rich. Responsible third parties could prevent this from happening on such a large scale if they allocated these funds more efficiently by doing exactly what you said: looking at what service a coin provides/problem it solves, not looking at the potential profit from doing so.

True. The reason why all those shit coins have received hundreds of million of dollars in investment, even though their objective and features are suck - It might be due to the FOMO behavior of the investors. They would rather dump their money into it, rather than regret later on (most of the time, they're regret after dumping their money into those shitty alt coins)

For me, I will keep hodling my BTC no matter what...  Grin

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X      ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 05:13:34 AM

Any responsible cryptocurrency investor understands that these are typical dips in the market, and historical data shows that these dips are very common for this time of year.

Does your expert analyzis also apply to the years 2009-2014? If not, maybe you are wrong!

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: