Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:27:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: bitcoin might be like IBM  (Read 264 times)
Dmitry.Vastov

Activity: 840
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:05:21 AM

am i the only who is worried that bitcoin might be like IBM we have seen it before one product controls a market then a competitor comes in and the previous king is left in the dust
IBM is international business machine and I am very sure that BTC could never be like IBM because BTC is quite different from other cryptocurrency and it has that potential that it can bring modernization and specially in India, it can fulfill the dream of DIGITAL india. BTC has provided employment to millions of people and moreover the concept of BTC is quite innovative that it has been accepted by the entire world, so according to me BTC is the future.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:09:06 AM

am i the only who is worried that bitcoin might be like IBM we have seen it before one product controls a market then a competitor comes in and the previous king is left in the dust
Whenever any Altcoin has more potential, attracting more investors will be the winner. But I think this is unlikely because Bitcoin is now a king, not a breakthrough in technology, or superior to Altcoin. It became the king because it was the most valuable Altcoin in crypto and was most widely known, and was used by all.

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:10:43 AM

Is that a bad thing? Bitcoin helped build the fundamentals and attract many developers to the crypto scene.

If bitcoin was going to be the king forever, development would have seriously halted imo.
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:13:01 AM

That is really off the box thinking I would say. This is not the way the bitcoin is working now a days. It was made with blockchain technology to synch peer to peer transactions and get out of the limits of banking system. There is no such system that exist today except the Swift tech that is used in the banking system.  

The correlation is kind of differs here. The bitcoin tech is something unique and moreover it is decentralised so no one can really interfere with and may not try to create other tech like that. IBM and stuff was easy to copy and paste but the blockchain is not.
bitfocus

Activity: 532
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:19:48 AM

seems you have basically Zero Idea about Bitcoin. Please spend some time researching Bitcoin, I bet, that would help you in a great way.
snowbubble

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:22:13 AM

Bitcoin will be bigger than ibm it will be like internet, all will want to have it and use in future and it will be worldwide!
PauloLuks

Activity: 223
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 19, 2018, 10:48:41 AM

I don't think so. Bitcoin pole position is certainly sizeable as it is more than twice the size of its closest challenger Ethereum, three times as larger as Ripple, and mostly dwarfs any crypto in 5th place or lower.
Just by looking at these numbers, it seems unlikely and difficult for any crypto outside the top 4 do make a serious bid for the first place in the next few years. The main reason is simply because they need to catch up so much territory in just a short time.
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:48:41 AM

The possibility is there as even right now there are cryptocurrencies that are better than Bitcoin already, Monero is more anonymous than BTC, XRP has faster transaction speeds compared to BTC, however they are defeated to BTC as it is the most popular cryptocurrency out there. What I am seeing is that Bitcoin will be surely replace by another cryptocurrency but it will take a long time to do so as a lot of people are still going to buy what is the most popular and that is Bitcoin. Bitcoin's days are numbered we just need more people to get familiar in the cryptocurrency market.
peter0425

Activity: 2660
Merit: 447

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:54:22 AM

The possibility is there as even right now there are cryptocurrencies that are better than Bitcoin already, Monero is more anonymous than BTC, XRP has faster transaction speeds compared to BTC, however they are defeated to BTC as it is the most popular cryptocurrency out there. What I am seeing is that Bitcoin will be surely replace by another cryptocurrency but it will take a long time to do so as a lot of people are still going to buy what is the most popular and that is Bitcoin. Bitcoin's days are numbered we just need more people to get familiar in the cryptocurrency market.

You are correct, there are really a lot of coins out there that are really way above and better than bitcoin, but it doesn't mean that they can easily take over the lead and replace bitcoin simply because more people still 'trust' it.

But if investors see's otherwise, or new coins born and suddenly we see shifts in terms of money, then bitcoin will be overtaken, the questions is that are there coins that can make investors move out of bitcoin? I doubt it.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:25:00 AM

i am not worrying since no other coin as of this time that might take the crown from bitcoin,and i cant even see after 5 years because bitcoin dominating the market still,and as what price moving now,still bitcoin controls the market like what those alts following its ups and downs

bitkaboom2

Activity: 150
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 10:30:56 AM

Anything can happen but i don't think so.There are a lot of competitors but beating Bitcoin is very  much difficult for them specially in this decade.

Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:05:38 PM

ERA of IBM came to an end since the launching of new companies  in the market. People started to purchase other products rather than IBM. But no one can still replace bitcoin. I believe bitcoin will up again we have to wait and hold our bitcoins. Always think positive for bitcoin. It will survive for sure.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:28:19 PM

ERA of IBM came to an end since the launching of new companies  in the market. People started to purchase other products rather than IBM. But no one can still replace bitcoin. I believe bitcoin will up again we have to wait and hold our bitcoins. Always think positive for bitcoin. It will survive for sure.

IBM is somehow like of blockchain in terms in technology but with no company related in it. Since IBM is a technolgy based it is necessary to fall due to more advance tech like blockchain, cryptos being a transaction medium like bitcoin still have a long way to prove its identity with the help of blockchain since bitcoin beng the primary crypto can still be used by more companies or products.

ScottJake

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2018, 05:31:28 PM

But is that so far have been born several competitors and offer the same advantages or qualities similar to bitcoin, I think the only way that this happens is that the demand is increasingly lower.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: