Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 06:41:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How can I accept bitcoins on my website?  (Read 173 times)
MiraAntour (OP)

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:30:10 AM

I have an online shop and I would like to begin accepting bitcoins as a payment method. How can i do?
Wusolini
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

no need to carry heavy money bags anymore

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:01:37 PM

Search for "bitcoin payment processor" ...  I know about bitpay and myceliumgear

OmegaStarScream
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3500
Merit: 6152

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:12:04 PM

If you have the necessary knowledge, I suggest running your own node and do the programming yourself. If you don't and you won't have much people paying with BTC, go with Blockchain.info API and If you're expecting a lot of traffic, go with Coinbase or BitPay (which comes with a price).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
exknoxeric

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

The Revolution Will Be Decentralized

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 05:06:10 PM

I have an online shop and I would like to begin accepting bitcoins as a payment method. How can i do?

You can use BitPay's existing network or Zen Cart allows you to setup your own node to receive Bitcoin.
AdolfinWolf
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1427

View Profile
March 26, 2018, 07:12:58 PM

You can use BitPay's existing network or Zen Cart allows you to setup your own node to receive Bitcoin.
Or, alternatively, if you don't want to sign up for a BitPay's merchant account, or because you also want other altcoins, you could use something like Coinpayments, https://www.coinpayments.net/, which i believe supports over 200 coins.

I've looked into using them myself aswell and it looks pretty promising. Only 0.5% fees on incoming merchant transactions ( i believe Bitpay is 1%?)

Anyway i'll look into Zen cart myself to see what it is aswell, sounds interesting.

testyourinvest

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2018, 11:26:56 PM

i used to have a separate shop for btc payments linked on my main shop but used rocketr as a processor .
not as smooth but that was ~2 years ago or something like that .
propably stick with one of the solution above me .
MintDiceSupport

Activity: 154
Merit: 11

MintDice Support

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2018, 01:38:31 AM

Coinbase has a payment gateway service, coingate is also a reputable option though it's not available for businesses located or registered in the U.S.

Mintdice.com
Velkro
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1014

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 03:54:20 AM

If you have the necessary knowledge, I suggest running your own node and do the programming yourself.
Agree, only this way you will be able to keep bitcoin.
Bitcoin payment processor like bitpay is converting bitcoin to $ or other currency and send it to you. So you just receive money from different channel, not bitcoins.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 05:50:20 AM

Agree, only this way you will be able to keep bitcoin.
Bitcoin payment processor like bitpay is converting bitcoin to $ or other currency and send it to you. So you just receive money from different channel, not bitcoins.

I don't know about other payment processors, but for Bitpay specifically, you can receive Bitcoin without converting it, or even receive a portion in a currency of your choosing while keeping the rest in Bitcoin. Source: https://bitpay.com/docs/settlement

It would be much better if you can forego a payment processor though, of course, unless you want Bitcoin converted automatically to fiat to eliminate volatility risks.

braindeadgenius

Activity: 115
Merit: 8

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:29:18 PM
Merited by vlad230 (1)

It depends on how you would like to build your website.

For example, you can get an online specific shop, such as OpenCart which has ~50 plugins for different payment processors built in, not including ones you can find from different payment processors not included by default. Another option is to use WordPress + WooCommerce and again choosing a plugin for a payment processor of your liking. Then, there is using an API for a payment processor and not being restricted to the confines of WordPress or OpenCart. Options are BitPay, CoinPayments, CoinGate, Coinbase, Blockchain.info, and more. The first step is figuring out how you would like your website built. Then, you may choose the payment processor of your liking, and then you may figure out if the two options you chose will mesh together well or not. It also depends on your knowledge and skill set, or budget if you have neither.
Lovecove

Activity: 161
Merit: 38

(Thank you for all the merit =) ) ~Lovecove!

View Profile
March 27, 2018, 10:34:34 PM

The hard part is that you only want to accept bitcoin payments. If you were talking about crypto payments, your options are vast and wide. Altcoins have integrated themselves with CoinPayments, LitePal/LitePay, a plethora of mobile payment systems, WooCommerce (which is very good for WordPress)

If your site is running WordPress, you should google a good WooCommerce bitcoin payment processor option. I found CryptoWoo, I'm not sure of its competency, but the reviews look stellar.

An old school option would be to simply have a checkout page where there's an option "Pay with BTC" and then that link leads to a page where they scan a QR code with their phone that automatically attempts to debit the correct number of bitcoins.

Or, alternatively, you could just have the QR code show your BTC address and have them manually pay the order price of whatever your system calculates it to be at the time of their order.

Visit now if you're interested in buying these domains: EtherMining.org, CryptoMovement.org, Bitcoiner.Co
neo444

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 12:19:31 PM

You can visit that site https://www.shopify.co.za/bitcoin and you can start your free 14-day trial today to test that site for bitcoin payment then make your choice
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: