Bitcoin Forum
August 10, 2024, 07:15:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phising and scamming is getting out of hand  (Read 108 times)
Rodrigue

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:25:25 PM

Fooled in cryptocurrency is natural thing, it for now many put the name bitcoin to fraud, you must be careful in this case. and if you hit Tipu no one can help you to all the hands off no one can help you
HorribleGuy01

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:12:57 PM

Its really hard to tell what is legit and what is not. The no. of scammers and phishers increased due to the increased popularity of the cryptocurrency that is why there are this fake accounts in this forum.

Yes I agree with this, some of my neighbors come and tell me about a stranger offers an invedtion starting 100$ which already huge in our country and promise to her that just wait for freaking 2 hours and it will be double, I am really really shocked because the way they used to impressed is very catchy which is very dangerous not only for the people but also for the sake of this platform which added a bad reputation to this platform.

That is the called the power of convincing. Once a person is convinced he cannot say anything but yes. That is also what's happening in this business, scammers have the ability to make fake a legit and convincing.
btctube

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:21:03 PM

Its been going on since time even form the past when crypto hasn't arrived yet, people are already scamming designing paypal pages to phish passwords. The easier it can be done as registering domains can be concealed thru ICANN and while they conceal, they also use fake names which is making it a lot difficult to track.  The only thing a new can do is to just invest by going into exchange sites and buy there to be safe becase addresses on ICO pages can also be altered by hackers.
mOgliE
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1251

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:10:47 PM

There are many scams indeed...

But I would say it is part of the game. One of the goal of bitcoin is to allow people to get rid of control and large managing institutions. Well, if we want autonomy, we can't counter attack such websites.
Indeed, for newbies it can be hard to understand. It might even discourage some of them.

But again, what would you do? Who would you report to? I think the interest of bitcoin is to allow people to be responsible for their actions. You can truly decide what you want to do... Consequently, frauds is a part of it.

CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:13:08 PM

I have been a victim of phishing twice and it cost me a lot and a lot of effort to get back what I lost. It is sad that there are people who are really good in stealing what they don't deserve. These people have the talent and the skills otherwise they would not be good at what they are doing. Had they use those talents and skills in good ways then they can really have a bright future ahead.
vaughn125

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:08:43 PM

Its really sad the amount of people who are getting scammed out of their coins by criminals. For every ico there seems to be a phising website. I came across a crowd sale site the other day that looked convincing and I thought about contributing but because I am a website designer I could see something was not quite right. I checked the URL with one from a ico review site and could see it was a scam. I'm lucky because I have enough experience to spot it but newbies don't know about this and are getting screwed left right and centre.

People are making fake nano ledger's and selling them on ebay, there's phising shape shift copies, emails trying to extract your mew key and dodgy bitcoin fork wallets stealing private keys. It's like the whole industry is under attack by some very clever people and I wonder can anything be done? Can phising websites be reported and taken down?

The weird thing is that if the criminals just invested in crypto rather than stealing other peoples they would probably make as much money and not have to go through all that effort. Does anyone know if this a really big problem or is it a few isolated cases.

Well, what do you expect? This is the wild west of the crypto world. And no matter how much we want to stop this from happening, we can't do shit but advice every newbie that they shoukd stidy more not just about bitcoin but also about all the coins and tokens out there. The way they work, security, etc. So thay they don't end up being scammed. Knowledge is power here. Literally. If you wanna be safe, know how to be safe. Unless you wanna learn the hard way. That is just how thing here are.
SaShiRaJaVu

Activity: 1694
Merit: 541

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:19:30 PM

Just be aware that there are these fake sites and hardware's who will scam your money away,just be careful with those and only enter legit sites,make sure you double check their official website through reputed sites or through this forum to make sure everything is right and always bookmark your sites and that is the easiest solution.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: