Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 08:28:11 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This is Why we need Privacy Coin's  (Read 59 times)
majest3 (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:27:27 AM

Today an article appeared in one of Australia's national newspapers, the Financial Review - Title " Push for Secret Search Warrant Panned" - The article went on to discuss the use of Secret Search Warrant's and how they would allow law enforcement to search a persons premises and seize evidence without the need to tell the owner or occupier for months, years or if at all, so as to avoid tipping them off to the fact they under investigation.

Currently it is only meant to be used for terrorism investigations, but this change would allow them to carryout investigations for any potential crime that carried a sentence of 7 years or more.

My concern is who polices the term "potential crime" and how far will they stretch the guide lines to spy on anyone?

So as an individual are my rights to privacy being taken away from me, if laws such as these are passed?

Having an anonymous cryptocurrency to send and receive private transactions, now makes a lot more sense.

I feel this will just be the beginning of laws like this being passed. So it is important that we protect our anonymity with coins like DeepOnion, PIVX & Monero etc.

I would welcome other members thoughts.

DeepOnion - Tor integrated - 100% anonymous
===> Join DeepOnion Airdrop NOW! <===​  (https://deeponion.org/apply.php?ref=1620543)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: