Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:53:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Comparison to Apple (AAPL) shares  (Read 9665 times)
S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 05:32:29 PM

yes at least 60% drop.

My expectation is even  a 90% drop, but I am happy to bet on a 60% drop to start with.

To those who dont believe in deflation that is already underway since late 1999 should look at the DJI measured in gold.

What asset type are we wagering? Fiat currency or stocks? Smiley

Stocks measured in fiat currencies will drop hard. That is what I would wager on. :-)

Does that mean you're bullish on PMs and commodities, S3052?

I would bet against you on AAPL because though most consumers are weak, luxury brands should fare better due to the growing inequality.

I am bearish or will turn bearish on PMs, commodities, stocks, almost all asset classes. The upcoming crash will be in line with the all the same market theory: Everything goes down together.

This drop will be unprecedented (i.e. much more severe than the 1929 crash) and hence AAPL will also get almost wiped out. The big guys will not fare so well to keep the inequality shift alive for long.

The only KING prevailing will be cash and hopefully bitcoins.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
YoYa

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

Always verify deals with me through my public key!

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2011, 05:59:23 PM

The only KING prevailing will be cash and hopefully bitcoins.[/color]

WAIT....wut?!?
 Undecided

I really hope you were thinking Swiss Francs when you wrote that.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:26:27 PM

Is there some relationship that makes bitcoin similar to Apple, or are you just picking something that went up in price and hoping bitcoin does the same?
I see holding BTC like holding a share in a popular, fast growing company. Obvious similarities and exponential growth witnessed in both BTC and AAPL. You can buy a share in BTC for less than $1 whereas in AAPL each share is gonna cost ~$350. I'm obviously hoping Bitcoin goes in the $350 a coin direction.

I agree with your statement. But currently the big difference is that apple has wide spread acceptance and bitcoin hasn't just yet.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
July 15, 2011, 07:27:50 PM

WAIT....wut?!?
 Undecided

Hey look it's Raw-retard's face!

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

S3052
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 04:50:11 PM

WAIT....wut?!?
 Undecided

Yes, currently holding CHF since 2-3 years.

But in the next days / weeks shifting to USD as this will have a major RALLY soon for 9-18 months. Believe it or not.

YoYa

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 05:12:26 PM

WAIT....wut?!?
 Undecided

But in the next days / weeks shifting to USD as this will have a major RALLY soon for 9-18 months. Believe it or not.

When I think of QE2, I don't think of cruise ships no more. If your technicals are stating USD rally, then this might be a case where the information from analysis in dire contrast to everyday information in the news.

When non-gold bugs are eying up gold, you'll forgive me for not expecting a rally. But if you've any food for thought on the subject, I would be interested to hear what you're thinking.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 05:50:40 PM

QE2 is done.  Assuming you're expecting a QE3?

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
YoYa

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 06:35:34 PM

QE2 is done.  Assuming you're expecting a QE3?

I wouldn't bet on it either way, but mere mention has been enough to stir the markets and add to insecurities about the dollar.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 08:53:48 PM

WAIT....wut?!?
 Undecided

When I think of QE2, I don't think of cruise ships no more. If your technicals are stating USD rally, then this might be a case where the information from analysis in dire contrast to everyday information in the news.

This is exactly the case: It is a contrarian indicator. If all the mainstream news and newspapers write about that the dollar will collapse , it is very close to do the opposite.
I.e. see the chart for USDCHF. A typical tiring downtrend as evidenced by the wedge formation. Above the 0.835-0.84 zone is breakout to RALLY:

The same with Gold which will also start a major correction soon. The first drop will happen in the next 7 days.

YoYa

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2011, 09:10:57 PM

This is exactly the case: It is a contrarian indicator. If all the mainstream news and newspapers write about that the dollar will collapse , it is very close to do the opposite.
I.e. see the chart for USDCHF. A typical tiring downtrend as evidenced by the wedge formation. Above the 0.835-0.84 zone is breakout to RALLY:

The same with Gold which will also start a major correction soon. The first drop will happen in the next 7 days.

Interesting, I can see where you are coming from. But just to ask, in situations like this, do you ever see macro economic conditions impact on your analysis? e.g. For the correction in Gold to occur, wouldn't we expect to see the people who are using it as a hedge to release their holdings, but at this point in time I don't think there is enough confidence to do so.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 09:32:03 PM

Interesting, I can see where you are coming from. But just to ask, in situations like this, do you ever see macro economic conditions impact on your analysis? e.g. For the correction in Gold to occur, wouldn't we expect to see the people who are using it as a hedge to release their holdings, but at this point in time I don't think there is enough confidence to do so.

The great thing with technical analysis is actually that all the fundamentals are priced in (current situation and expectations are already mirrored in the chart). That is why you can save a lot of time reading about news, fundamentals, etc. Just focus on the chart and then the next thing is trading accordingly and doing your money management.
I am not saying everyone has to do it that way and everyone will be successful, but for me it works brilliantly since many years and that is why I continue doing it that way.

I.e. for Gold, most people are already LONG gold and probably some big guys have already started to release their holdings (obviously without telling everybody). This is called "distribution phase": selling to the public, and typically the man on the street buys exactly at the top, where hedges funds, banks, other institutional investors have already dumped it..

netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
July 16, 2011, 10:56:27 PM

It's time to sell gold now that prime time news in broadcasting the price of the metal. Three perfect falling bitcoin wedges in the last ten days and still no rally. Until the US markets collapse, I expect the dollar will be quite deflationary. Maybe the Fed will buy up real estate in southern Europe.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
netrin

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 03:19:36 PM

0.79 to 0.86 from this morning's breakfast to high tea in Zurich.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
S3052
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 06:42:09 PM

Thanks for digging it up again, for me this was a champagne high tea :-) but the USDCHF party is not yet over.

Parity is possible in the next weeks and months.

netrin

View Profile
September 08, 2011, 06:59:33 PM

Perhaps Zurich thought they could acquire cheap assets by executing the inevitable, but printing doth not a technical confirmation make.

theecoinomist

Activity: 200
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 02:51:40 PM

BTC is a better investment then AAPL???  I LOL'ed.   Cheesy

necrobump Cheesy

rebuilder
Legendary

Activity: 1615

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 03:02:49 PM

AAPLs and oranges.

Selling out to advertisers shows you respect neither yourself nor the rest of us.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Too many low-quality posts? Mods not keeping things clean enough? Self-moderated threads let you keep signature spammers and trolls out!
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: