Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:21:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Best Crypto Wallets  (Read 185 times)
Rick Nolan (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:56:20 PM
Last edit: January 17, 2018, 02:38:02 PM by Rick Nolan

My greetings, gentlemen!
I'm trying to figure out the most reliable wallets for cryptocurrencies and I need your help.
Could you please write your top 3 or 5 wallets that's the most credible on your opinion. If possible write pros and cons of wallets.
After a few days I will gather all information I will have and I will introduce it to you!

Thank you so much for your help!
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
newfix

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:01:48 PM

Top wallets are hardware wallets, like Trezor or Ledger, because online wallets are risky, you can lost your money at any moment
A good alternative are offline wallets, like Electrum
So i think that it's worth to buy an hardware wallet and sleep peacefully
Rick Nolan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 03:02:33 PM

Top wallets are hardware wallets, like Trezor or Ledger, because online wallets are risky, you can lost your money at any moment
A good alternative are offline wallets, like Electrum
So i think that it's worth to buy an hardware wallet and sleep peacefully

Thank you!
ikilledcobain

Activity: 446
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:16:26 PM

Agreed, I just purchased a nano ledger. If the coin or token isn't supported though but does have a wallet, I'd recommend a dedicated machine with each wallet in a separate virtual machine.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion
Anonymous and Untraceable
ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord 

▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
eann014

Activity: 1078
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:19:04 PM

My greetings, gentlemen!
I'm trying to figure out the most reliable wallets for cryptocurrencies and I need your help.
Could you please write your top 3 or 5 wallets that's the most credible on your opinion. If possible write pros and cons of wallets.
After a few days I will gather all information I will have and I will introduce it to you!

They say offline storage is good for cryptos, like trezor wallet. It is safer than online wallet because online wallet can be hack.
LinAliza

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:24:11 PM

I agree offline wallets are far more safer than online wallets. But there are pros and cons as well in offline wallets. Like the recent news, you need to make sure that the person you are buying is an authorized seller or buy directly from the company. Just to be sure that those offline wallets are not tampered or something. Also these offline wallet are kinda expensive so you really have to save and cut on your daily budget to be able to purchase one. But other than that everything is good. Smiley
Blockchanger95

Activity: 39

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:24:17 PM

What do you guys think about Exodus? If I wanna have a crypto portfolio in several coins I think multicurrency wallet is really comfortable. But I'm not sure about it's security cause it's a desktop wallet.
maskedtrader53

Activity: 21

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:25:57 PM

Hardware wallets are the best its far more better than those online wallets. In terms of security, hardware wallets is the best.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:26:45 PM

My greetings, gentlemen!

There are many wallets available for cryotocurrencies so you have to choose based on your usage and your investment amount.If your are holding big amount og cryptos then you need a hardware wallet so yiur coins will be safe forever.But buy wallet from original websites there are some scammers selling hardware wallets which can steal your money.
If younare holding tokens and ethereum then MEW is best option for you and keep your private keys safe.
or if you are holding multiple crypto currencies then Coinomi is one of the best wallet available for you.I hope this will help you.
Manyara

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 03:27:11 PM

I do not own a hardware wallet, though they are the best. However, I use Mycelium on my phone and Exodus for my laptop. I havent had any issues so far.

For all the latest Cryptocurrency and blockchain news visit www.coinweez.com Join coinweez telegram community https://t.me/joinchat/E4QgYhDAXeum7azNK8JRuw Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/coinweez Like the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/coinweezofficial/
layoutph

Activity: 1386
Merit: 255

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 03:30:31 PM

Ledger Nano is the best , you can bought some altcoins and store into it for long term holding. But make sure to buy it from the official site of Ledger nano or become a victim of stolen cryptos as they bought from 3rd party sites.
MaitoMaito

Activity: 504

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 03:37:56 PM

Personally use MEW and orthodoxy with all tips of safety. In the future planing buy offline wallet, a lot of people with positive feedback on them  Cool
vaughn125

Activity: 238

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:59:22 PM

My greetings, gentlemen!

Use Google. Study as much as you can about the crypto world. The mechanics, how it works, importance, etc. Also about wallets of course. Wallets for every crypto you would like to hold. You have to know at least a bit about everything here so people won't be able to fool you and lead you to wrong decisions that may later on regret. This is just an advice, because i have experienced that also and learned the hard way. Don't make the same mistake.
francedeni

Activity: 560

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 04:07:52 PM

Recently I have bought nano ledger I just followed the instructions on the video on how to setup the wallet. So far it was good and safe. You may search the best wallet if you want to start, in nano ledger the most important is save the the recovery phrase in case you may lose it.
Rick Nolan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 08:42:56 PM

upd
bitart

Activity: 1442
Merit: 629

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:27:38 PM

If you want to be serious on bitcoin, buy a hardware wallet and you won't worry about security after. If you want to buy and store more bitcoins than the price of the hardware wallet, it really worths it's price, if you are a newbie. As you gain some experience, you can try different wallets too, when you will have the basic understanding of the whole cryptocurrency ecosystem. Search for the necessary backup steps to ensure your security and you'll be fine.
Davinus

Activity: 258
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:29:25 PM

Recently I have bought nano ledger I just followed the instructions on the video on how to setup the wallet. So far it was good and safe. You may search the best wallet if you want to start, in nano ledger the most important is save the the recovery phrase in case you may lose it.

I have been using the ledger nano for a while, and it works perfectly, i love storing all my cryptos in there, because it is very easy to use, and more if you do not have much knowledge about it.

And it is super cheap, i like the way that you can enhance your MEW with your ledger directly, since you do not need to store all your ERC20 tokens in their specific wallet.

It is worth it.
Paecga129

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:49:47 PM

My favorite wallet is a paper wallet. Not owned by any third party and in my opinion the most secure way to store Bitcoins. I can't think of anything better.
Youghoor

Activity: 1036
Merit: 275

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:52:03 PM

My favorite wallet is a paper wallet. Not owned by any third party and in my opinion the most secure way to store Bitcoins. I can't think of anything better.

Not the most safest way to protect them, if your entire house is getting burned in flames, what are you going to do? Your paper wallet is going to be destroyed, and so your bitcoins..

That is why i prefer to have all my bitcoins + cryptos on my ledger, and a copy of my private key in somewhere safe (well, not the priv key, just the seed)
Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:57:20 PM

When it comes to on the go transactions for bitcoin i use blockchain.info for petty transactions, and if i want to send out payments to several people i prefer the electrum wallet which has this feature and am also able to setup 2fa as a secondary security feature with ease and i would recommend electrum for hodling coins too
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: