Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:51:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: explain what Airdrop is  (Read 537 times)
nodav

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

Early Bitcoin investor.

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:47:18 AM

Helps users get involved with the project by incentivizing them to learn more about it and in return they get free coins. People sign up for an address and then get sent coins, and the hope is that the coin explodes and the free coins are now worth a decent amount of money.

And it is interesting and stimulates interest in the project

jargal (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:27:13 AM

Functioning is that you appoint yourself into a list that will be given X amount of tokens. Implications are marketing, means you will own their tokens plus you will advertise them via different social media sites, forums and overall ways to earn more of their tokens... Basically is just paid advertisement

So there is no unreciprocated airdrop? How is it different from bounties then? I thought airdrop was distributed gratuitously.
cryptonianz

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:15:20 PM

Its a way of making free tokens or profit by collecting these airdrops from Bounty Programs set out by the different ICOs coming out, its part of the crowdsale usually.
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:19:20 PM

Airdrop is when a project decides to give free tokens or coin to their the community members for numbers of reason. it could be for supporting the project or for compensation or for what ever reason it might be. it is normally about getting free token or coin.
mayan251

Activity: 267
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:20:19 PM

Airdrop is to expand the publicity by issuing free encryption token. It functions as long as the item is given free of charge according to certain rules. Effect: more people can be involved in the airdrop. It can improve the publicity effect of the project very well.

triciaganda

Activity: 27

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:29:48 PM

Airdrop is when a certain project distributes free tokens or coins to the crypo community.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:32:11 PM

When the developer of the airdrop coin decided to give the coin to holders of certain coin, it is an airdrop.

It is free, so don’t fall for scams to pay in order to claim for the airdropped coins.
KSHMR

Activity: 259

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:09:15 AM

Airdrop is where you can get a token by completing all the form given and it is one of the developers plan to help there project.
bitcahunter

Activity: 266
Merit: 13

CIBUS FOOD Ecosystem

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:29:01 AM

1. You can get some tokens for minimal your activity. It is for you.
2. Airdrop is promotion for ico project.
yogisp1

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 07:51:48 AM

AirDrop is simple  to get free coin for evryone, you just need to follow the step to get coin, its very easy    Wink
maursader

Activity: 509
Merit: 250

Disrupt the banking system!

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:53:33 AM

An airdrop is when you receive free coins or tokens. Airdrops are done in several ways:

* Hodler Airdrops: This is when you receive free free coins if you hold a specific coin. For example BTC. Byteball was an airdrop of this type.
* Airdrops/Bounties for tasks you accomplish. Many airdrops force people to join Telegram groups oder follow via Twitter.

Here is an airdrop source which I like: https://twitter.com/CryptoAirdrops
COTInetwork

Activity: 426

Coti - Currency Of The Internet

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 04:22:21 PM

An airdrop is a marketing way to draw attention to your coin or token. Because who doesn't like it to get something for free? It is very effective to spread awareness of what you are doing.

Asmus003

Activity: 476
Merit: 113

World-bounty.com

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 04:26:58 PM

It`s like promotion in markets. When someone dressed in brand suite giveaway people little piece of product. They test it and if they enjoyed they can buy it.

World-bounty.com         Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти нa pyccкoм языкe                                 
                                                                  [   J  O  I  N    N  O  W   ]                                                                                                   
Caйт c oпиcaниeм бayнти кaмпaний нa pyccкoм языкe. Удoбный кaлeндapь бayнти, тaблицa для мoнитopингa, выбopкa пo видaм зaдaний. Oбyчeниe. Пocтoяннoe paзвитиe caйтa.
goodrus69

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:29:26 PM

Airdrop is a free distribution of coins and one way to attract the attention of people who may be interested in their product. For me, it's just a capital increase.
MAUTMALAIKAT

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 04:45:30 PM

in my opinion, Airdrop is a free distribution of coins from developers who want to promote their goods or coins quickly without much advertising here and there. the function of airdrop is to train us newbie to participate on bounty campaign. So that we are more fluent in working bounty.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
CryptoAnnie

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:34:12 PM

Airdrop is very easy way to earn token in less time by doing publicity about the project. If you are lucky enough you can earn money from it in a very easy way, many people even doesn't know about it. Airdrop may be profitable but as well there are many lie airdrop so before you go for it, you must verify the details.
keykey1

Activity: 406

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:19:02 PM

Hello! Can you explain me what airdrop mechanisms are, their functionning/implications please?

If you want to participate in airdrops then my advice to you is do not do this. It is better to do some more useful work. For example, study mining using pools or farms. Mining is the shortest way to get profit.
cryptopuma

Activity: 202

SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:35:32 PM

Airdrops are morelikely you will receive some tokens from the coin developers to promote the existence of their projects,but most of free airdrops are worthless but few legit airdrops from the existing coins will have more chance to have value if listed in the market,commonly airdrops will require you to signup using your email and bitcointalk account,and if the airdrops requires your private keys or you need to send btc first its morelikely a scam so dont get baited by these free airdrops.

hieu81

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:37:13 PM

Hello! Can you explain me what airdrop mechanisms are, their functionning/implications please?
When you join as a member! You will receive some token or altcoin for your job! But i think most of aidrop from token! Because this is a best way to grown up member!
JollySkipper

Activity: 136

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:38:12 PM

When a developer airdrops coins/tokens it means that they give them away for free. You have to qualify to participate in the airdrop, and the rules for qualification and amounts of airdrops varies from project to project.

Here is an earlier thread you can learn more from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1876879.0

Hope this helps.

Airdrop is good idea to attract new people.
Unfortunately, I don't get airdrop because need find good project.. Have not time for it.
Do you know good airdrop?

Check diw, for me is the top project and serious people talking about it with very positive commends

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DIW ◈    DIWtoken.com    ▐   WHITEPAPERANN THREADTELEGRAM   ▌    SECURITY DECENTRALIZED
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: