Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 03:50:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: explain what Airdrop is  (Read 537 times)
removebeforeflight

Activity: 696
Merit: 258

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:51:11 AM

Airdrops is nothing but giving away their tokens to the holders of that particular company or who works for the development of that company in crypto world. In simple terms, Airdrop is given by a new company or organisation launched their cryptocurrency before ICO (Initial Coin Offer) Instead of paying currency or bitcoin to them they usually give away their crypto in the form of tokens since their crypto coin is not yet launched in crypto currency listing.
sadacoin

Activity: 145
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 08:49:08 AM

Is a digital currency distribution, we know that there is only one kind of distribution of bitcoins, that is, mining. However, the later appeared in the cottage coins, fork currency distribution, but not only a mining, such as still empty vote distribution.
changcloy

Activity: 448
Merit: 107

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:02:43 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2018, 12:12:57 PM by changcloy

Airdrops is design to distribute free or giving rewards like coins or tokens,but i never tried joining airdrops because some says that there are plenty of scams which i am avoiding it ,i want to take care of my account. but one of my friends told me that they earn some coins in airdrop.
noonc

Activity: 111
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 09:05:12 AM

Dropping is where you go to do something like signing, posting, promoting, filling in forms, and so on, and then you get rewards, but you need to complete your application when you join.
Donnie_28

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:44:51 PM

airdrop for a cryptocurrency is a procedure of distributing tokens by awarding them to existing holders of a particular blockchain currency, such as Bitcoin or Ethereum.Airdrop are profitable  but other are noy because of a scam no one pay us for it.

djablom1

Activity: 125

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:47:37 PM

Airdrop means that the coin is new and want to be introduced to the public and in an airdrop they give away free coins for limited people and sometimes you have to do something like like their twitter profile.
prince05

Activity: 126
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:49:38 PM

Airdrop is a form of marketing strategy used by ICO to attract more investors or users of their token. It is given to participants for free and the number of tokens received is based on the number of participants or depending on your rank.
There are airdrops whose token are a real thing which give you a very big profit.

█▀▀▀ A DECENTRALIZED BLOCKCHAIN-BASED PLATFORM  ▀▀▀█
 █───  Telegram  │  Facebook  │  Twitter  │  ANN  │  Bounty  ───
▰ ▰ ▰  Tokenize the referral economy and spread rewards to all participants   ▰ ▰ ▰
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1652
Merit: 629

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 02:58:42 PM

Airdrop is free coin distribution. When coin/token creators are ready to publicize their project, they do free coin distribution to take a investors attention.
ClvrGmr

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2018, 04:31:51 PM

Airdrop is simply free coins from a certain ICO. They give free tokens to spread out their tokens and make everyone hold their token. With this they can raise more tokens and they can attract more investors. The more people have their token the more investors look into their tokens.
jargal (OP)

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 07:09:27 PM

Airdrop is simply free coins from a certain ICO. They give free tokens to spread out their tokens and make everyone hold their token. With this they can raise more tokens and they can attract more investors. The more people have their token the more investors look into their tokens.

OK, Thanks for answering my question. By now I got enough answers I guess.
patriot_rf

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
January 20, 2018, 08:16:26 PM

Airdrop is single payment of coins for a certain set of lungs of action, aim promoting of ICO and throw-in of coins at a turn.
daenarys_stormborn

Activity: 756

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:17:22 PM

have you ever heard of giveaways? yes airdrop and giveaways are two things more or less the same, and also airdrop require registration of our biodata, but compared airdrop I prefer to follow bounty campaign

richan

Activity: 392
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:22:54 PM

Airdrop is similar to marketing or bounty campaign, just that it is assumed it is FREE. But in reality I don't think airdrop is free,because you will perform simple tasks like tweeting or sharing the developers page before you will be assigns the tokens.
Kalu1

Activity: 44

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:42:03 PM

Airdrops are free tokens you get by filling simple form. Some devs do send tokens immediately after you fill the form will some takes 24 hrs. Most of the airdrop tokens are tradable on etherdelta.
MEGATRON_S

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 08:56:13 PM

this is the team that creates their tokens and assigns a certain number of tokens to all the people in the community for a particular marketing robot, so that everyone has a certain token, but now many of the airdrop are a lie,
mworld12

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:03:58 PM

Hello! Can you explain me what airdrop mechanisms are, their functionning/implications please?

When a developer airdrops coins/tokens it means that they give them away for free. You have to qualify to participate in the airdrop, and the rules for qualification and amounts of airdrops varies from project to project.

Here is an earlier thread you can learn more from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1876879.0

Hope this helps.
good read
yummy23

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:12:23 PM

Hello! Can you explain me what airdrop mechanisms are, their functionning/implications please?

When a developer airdrops coins/tokens it means that they give them away for free. You have to qualify to participate in the airdrop, and the rules for qualification and amounts of airdrops varies from project to project.

Here is an earlier thread you can learn more from: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1876879.0

Hope this helps.
hmm this helped me this is a good read
yoyolife121

Activity: 189

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:20:07 PM

Hope this helps.
thanks good read
bitcoiner0101

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 11:25:22 PM

Hope this helps.
yep this helps good read Smiley
ShineftChaos

Activity: 378

I LOVE ADABS

View Profile
January 21, 2018, 01:27:02 AM

There is a fake and legit airdrop. Fake airdrop is you submit all your details but didn't receive anything. There are also airdrop form which want to fill in your private key which is an easy way to hack account. But on the positive side in my experience i do receive some legit airdrops and exchange it to cash to  buy needs.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: