Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:50:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC + all your official papers being stolen and traded  (Read 1687 times)
Pecunia non olet

Activity: 882
Merit: 102

PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:13:01 PM

This is because of usa  Angry if project has ant relation with usa, then they impose us strict kyc requirements. It is very difficult for any projects to keep our papers safe.
Also european union is very strict.
Where is money there is KYC and AML. I am okay with that, I am sending only my driver license (tagged with the name of company where I am sending my documents) and I hope that it can´t be abused,

yadwoa69

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:24:13 PM

If authorities demand the ICO to make disclosure to the identity of its customers,the ICO can't refuse. If you have traded on a bigger exchange before,you probably can't enjoy the service in full without kyc.
IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:52:54 PM

I don't think that investors can affect somehow the number of KYCs among new ICOs. Everyone wants to earn easy money by participating in ICOs, so if some of you skip KYC others will get your allocation. And remember that most of ICOs hold KYC due to regulation reasons. So I don't see any solution to avoid KYC now. Just be very selective and join only really trustful projects.
Elderman87

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

UniDapp

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 06:57:03 PM

Most projects don't want to have anything to do with kyc during ico but this silly regulations are to blame for them demanding it. I believe that kyc is wrong for crypto as it defeats the purpose for the anonymity so we should boycott all projects doing kyc

══════════║  Unidapp.app  ║══════════
FULLY DECENTRALIZED TRADING PLATFORM
══════════║  Unidapp.app  ║══════════
gwensarah1

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:03:07 PM

Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level.  

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

JPMOGAN does not even ask us for this level of identification when opening an account.

Think about it please.

If we all deny the KYC projects this invasive procedure will go away.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

There should be blockchain solution for this? There should be some reliable organisation in a country that treats privacy seriously (ie. not disclosing info without a court order) that can certify your information and provide the KYC certification of the information required without disclosing your identity or handing over copies of ID. I on the other hand don’t like handing over my personal details, if I see any project that requires me to do a KYC before getting tokens, I move on the another. I hope something would be done soon about this.
Ozero

Activity: 2086
Merit: 180

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:20:45 PM

This is because of usa  Angry if project has ant relation with usa, then they impose us strict kyc requirements. It is very difficult for any projects to keep our papers safe.
The rules of KYC apply to investors, this is all the difference. To the participants of the generosity campaign ICO they should not be applied. The KYC check is aimed at preventing money laundering. We do not invest any money, so we should not undergo such a check. At this international forum, we are generally and work anonymously. The scammers come and demand from us all our data with copies of the passport, they themselves actually remain anonymous, as they do not pass any thorough checks themselves.

rextoinsem

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:25:50 PM

But I'm interested in kno knows whether there were cases of distribution of KYC documents among crypto-exchanges? I just always worry about it.
Tlongbottom

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:27:38 PM

KYC has seemingly become the norm for all projects and I have no interest in doing it. You can make the argument for large ICO investments for anti-money laundering purposes, but even that goes against the original intent of cryptocurrency and bitcoin. What I really have a problem with in KYC for bounties and airdrops. The customer part of that doesn’t make sense since I haven’t provided any funds.with the amount of fraudulent projects, you would have to be crazy to provide that info. If the amount of spam email I have received since signing up for airdrops is any indication, you can bet that there is some shady stuff happening with passports and other identification documents.
rainezerr

Activity: 378

ADAB ADAB ADAB ADAB

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:33:54 PM

Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level. 

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

JPMOGAN does not even ask us for this level of identification when opening an account.

Think about it please.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

I think that most of the ico's today are just using kyc if they are planning to scam their participants but if they are really serious about their project then they will not use it for the law requirements of their own country.

jenktosar

Activity: 145
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:47:12 PM

Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level. 

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

Think about it please.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

I think that most of the ico's today are just using kyc if they are planning to scam their participants but if they are really serious about their project then they will not use it for the law requirements of their own country.
You are right. Many companies that conduct ICO must obey the laws of the country from which they are from. But I would be wary of those companies that inspire little trust. And if there are no famous people in their team.
Katfilka

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:53:37 PM

But I'm interested in kno knows whether there were cases of distribution of KYC documents among crypto-exchanges? I just always worry about it.
I think that if this happened, all the Newspapers wrote about it. They love to make things big. But you can not exclude cases of hacking the database by hackers.
tamango

Activity: 602

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:01:03 PM

I really don't like KYC but actually if you want to do bounties and invest in ICO, most of them required KYC so I think there's no other way actually...
PrivateEnemy

Activity: 315
Merit: 13

Lead generation one-stop shop platform powered AI

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:04:59 PM

One way or another you have to send your documents to different places. For example, crypto exchanges. And why do you think that your documents can not be stolen from government agencies or banks?

Pamela1966

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2018, 10:04:03 PM

It's like this Kyc issue is all over the places every other ICOs want Kyc to be passed even for bounty and airdrops it sucks most of this ICO don't even announce Kyc on the get go it's only after bounty ends that you get to know Kyc is required and you know it's somehow when you've worked hard for 2 months or more and Kyc issue want to disqualify you from getting payment that's why many give in to doing Kyc I just wish everybody can stand against this and get eradicated
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:05:23 AM

It is a grave threat to us, when our important documents got exposed or used as as an identity theft. If you give your identity to them, just make sure that you know the person or the team who is behind all this. I hope the ICO team, or any group that requires KYC in order to invest/trade will abolish this law.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Duzenn

Activity: 252

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:15:14 AM

Indeed, submitting KYC information has always been a dangerous thing.
However, the ICO team also faces legal pressure. If they provide ICO to criminals, it may become a tool for money laundering.

Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:18:29 AM

This is why i dont like doing KYC. It is risky and dangerous for us because there are alot of hackers out there who wants to stole database which our kyc is included what if our information was been leaked or sold to deep web. They can use it to fool other person using our name. Hopefully KYC will not be a requirement anymore.
TheNextChampion

Activity: 198

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 03:19:14 AM

I think as an investor the kyc will be implement and just pick of an investment that you think has a good future and security of your documents and id's. What i don't like with kyc is when some bounty campaign as you this then for me it's a no good project. Asking your bounty participants to pass kyc is risky because aside that we are working for you to promote your project to get paid and not to invest. You will exchange your identity to a free token? I won't do that even if the rewards is tempting.

H A R A               WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
cheezcarls

Activity: 2254
Merit: 658

Revolutionized copy gaming platform

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:26:44 AM

When it comes to KYC, I usually upload my ugly valid government ID (not my passport or so). I am even planning to create a fake ID just for crypto KYC purposes only. Exchanges are fine like Binance, KuCoin or so. I would never ever use my passport to upload for KYC. For me, I think it is scary about KYC if we do not know that the project itself is a pure scam. We have to double check the entire project before doing so. Thanks for the heads up.

Pla
                             ▄██████████▌
████             ▐███████████▌
  ████         ▐████    ███
   ▐████     ▐████     ███       ███      ▂▃▅
     ████    ████        ███      ███████
        ███    ████        ███      ███████
         ▐██    ████        ███      ███          
                 █████         ███      ███
              █████▌         ███      ███
           █████▌            ███      ███
     ██████▌
███████
ade.win
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
.R E V O L U T I O N A R Y   C O P Y   G A M I N G   P L A T F O R M  .
██            ██
██            ██
██            ██
██         ██ 
  ▌         ██
  ▌   ██    ██
        ██    ██
        ██      ▌
        ██      ▌
        ██
        ██
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█ ████▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀████ █
█ █████▄  █ ████▀  ▄█████ █
█ ██████▄  █ █▀  ▄███████ █
█ ███████▄  █  ▄█████████ █
█ ████████▄  █ ██████████ █
█ ██████▀  ▄█▄ █ ████████ █
█ ████▀  ▄███▄  █ ███████ █
█ ██▀   ██████▄  █ ██████ █
█ ██▄▄▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█████ █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Play Smart Win Big!
hastang

Activity: 149
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 03:38:52 AM

Think about it please.

Good luck guys.

i understands you very much! really afraid of this kyc requirement! yes, lets not support project that require kyc in bounty level... "ICO is different level". there are project now that requires kyc in registering there bounty, lets not support this.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: