Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 06:56:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC + all your official papers being stolen and traded  (Read 1687 times)
Man21

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:06:14 AM

Yup, KYC is a pain in the ass. Gladius project just announced that they need it for all bounty participants. Ofcourse scams happen in the crypto world, but you also have to look at the devteam, and the project itself before deciding on if you want to go trough with it.
We can not read what they the developer team want. Mostly the case is announcing at the end of the ico.
This is not really fair to ealry participant who dont want to do kyc but should do it because if not, they have no chance to make their money back.
Burogh

Activity: 644
Merit: 10

COVIR.IO

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 02:36:05 AM

KYC required for some ICOs in several country. If that ICOs asking KYC, i think its because they following rules on the country they held ICOs. They can not leaks the KYC data because its againts rules.
Cryptocurrency is like investment and like other financial rules, KYC needed to avoid from money laundering or other illegal activity

superscommessebitcoin

Activity: 1176
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:17:34 AM

Greed is the biggest dope for many. I think that many people do not realize that may lead to the fact that they passed the KYC. What is the saddest thing that sometimes it is done for the sake of participation in the airdrop company.
Azzhan

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:21:47 AM

However, many people will still submit KYC information, because investing in ICO is still a profitable way to obtain it.
Many people ignore the importance of their data leakage. Sad

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Pumapipa

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:02:37 AM

This is a really scary part when it comes to giving away information and sensitive confidential files to unknown projects. Kyc is killing the feature of crypto which is anonymity. I have read from certain parts that when a project requires kyc, the give ourt fake information for the reason that the information storage cannot be guaranteed and for safety sake. You are absolutely right. Be very careful in releasing this kind of information.
Bitcoin2018

Activity: 216
Merit: 3

FORK FROM ENTHUSIASTS, FOR THE COMMUNITY

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:09:00 AM

This is a really scary part when it comes to giving away information and sensitive confidential files to unknown projects. Kyc is killing the feature of crypto which is anonymity. I have read from certain parts that when a project requires kyc, the give ourt fake information for the reason that the information storage cannot be guaranteed and for safety sake. You are absolutely right. Be very careful in releasing this kind of information.
In the true crypto world, no one requires documents. But if you want to get something for free, for example, for taking part in the Bounty campaign, then you are forced to obey any rules of this giveaway process.

FORK FROM ENTHUSIASTS, FOR THE COMMUNITY
$$$ Anonymous Bitcoin $$$
≫ AnonymousBitcoin.io ≪ [t.me/anonymousbitcoin]
jalaaal

Activity: 372

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:22:02 AM

this is actually the main reason why I dont passed any KYC before, kyc is just for investors to know their capabilities and also their nationality. bounty hunters must stay anonymous. there's no need for us to do kyc.

chipzeru

Activity: 686
Merit: 39

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:42:21 AM

Yesterday, there was an ico investor in an ico telegram group who failed to pass the kyc because his identity somewhat identified as ilegal. But kyc requirement is a must for an ico to conduct in order to compliance with the rules. I can't find any icos that don't require to pass kyc for investors nowadays. KYC may be useful to protect the investors but on the other hand, it could be dangerous too as your identity may be used for criminal purpose. If you want to invest in an ico that requires to pass kyc, make sure that the ico is legit.
leonromano

Activity: 81
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:43:32 AM

That's why I'm not involved in projects where KYC is needed. I do not want to be traded with my documents.
bit..what?

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:45:31 AM

That's why I'm not involved in projects where KYC is needed. I do not want to be traded with my documents.

After reading this thread, i think differently about kyc.
Probably will not participate in anything where kyc is required.
I have no desire that my data will be traded on the internet.

✦ BCB ATM ✦
The Bitcoin ATM Network ₿ Bringing Digital Currencies to Local High Streets!
premiumproductss

Activity: 560
Merit: 119

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 06:46:34 AM

Be very careful sending in your passports and govt id's for KYC.  Your 1 scam project away from having your identity stolen for god knows what on an international level. 

Also look very closely at the "projects" asking for this.  One of the major points of crypto is to be anonymous.  Do not give this up.  If you keep sending in your "papers" to strangers you will get burnt eventually.

Think about what the authorities will say to you when your identity has been stolen.  They are going to ask why in the world you would give your personal info like this to a stranger on the internet.  It makes no sense on any basic level to give your info out like this.

JPMOGAN does not even ask us for this level of identification when opening an account.

Think about it please.

If we all deny the KYC projects this invasive procedure will go away.

To anyone who has been giving your passport online you had better get a service to help protect you from identity theft as you have handed your most personal of information to complete strangers you do not know.  They can use your passport for any reason including terrorist acts.

Imagine the terrorist cells starting a project and getting all the FOMO warriors passports because they got in such a rush and turned off their brain.  Now you have real problems.

Good luck guys.

I dont think that you give us true information. When you want to create bank account you have to give them your personal information and they also require scanned ID and proof of address. Without proof of address you will not create bank account.

Sarisang

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:25:07 AM

I personally tend to be better not follow things to provide KYC therein. This would be highly risky because if the result to be in the hands of the wrong then it would be a prolonged plague. If you have to use a big result should certainly KYC. If the results of the small use KYC then better not.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:32:18 AM

KYC required for some ICOs in several country. If that ICOs asking KYC, i think its because they following rules on the country they held ICOs. They can not leaks the KYC data because its againts rules.
Cryptocurrency is like investment and like other financial rules, KYC needed to avoid from money laundering or other illegal activity
Here you are also talking about the fact that I think that the ICO team adheres to the rules that apply in the country of their registration. Violate our right to privacy. In my country, for example, there is a similar law that prohibits such persons from demanding the provision of confidential data. No company ICO has yet clearly explained on what basis they require participants in the generosity of ICO to undergo the KYC verification procedure. We only argue that they, perhaps,
 have the right to violate our rights. Although if it is logical to argue, then they can require the passage of such a check only from investors who invest their money and can thus launder them.
bezzler

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 07:39:22 AM

Now, many more projects require the document for KYC. IT means that crypto is no longer anonymous. I have sent my ID to get the token or coin from ICO. It is painful and I was afraid because of it. I'm afraid if my document is used for illegal thing. But, I cannot do anything. Hopefully, the team will really save the privacy.
chankyleer

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 08:55:40 AM

What you are saying is the voice of reason. Unfortunatelly there are so many weak minded people here around who would give away whatever just for the dream of a few free worthless coins, and they are setting the standard. If those weak minded would refuse to give out their data, people would have to stop asking data to them, or lose all collaborators.
dzelenyanskiy

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:32:03 PM

The risk that our data may be illegally used is, of course, very big, but I think that it should not be exaggerated. There is always the opportunity to apply to the court, also in international, for the restoration of our rights and punish the criminals!
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
June 24, 2018, 02:45:23 PM

well
what i worryi it become true
since ICO need KYC for like The main requirement
i just wonder, how they make the data safe.
and now , got stolen.
soo not responsible

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
notoriousdumper

Activity: 70
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 08:51:52 PM

For many clients of new tokens think Know Your Customer is inappropriate for an limited purchase and a  disproportionate liability with unwanted risks.
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 12:48:29 AM

This is because of the regulation and is required as a mandatory requirements. I was forced to give my documents prior to the ico because it is needed for me to purchase the tokens, but I first verified the team for their legal compliance also, but I was still in doubt. I just hope our documents will not be used in a bad way, like an identity theft. But I wish this regulation will be dissolve soon.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
jerrison

Activity: 1442
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2018, 12:53:17 AM

i am fully aware of the risks involved in submitting vital valid documents in the name of identity verification and also it is a way of violating the idea behind the technology. the cryptocurrency idea means anonymous both to agencies and everything related to it. it is a very strong point to be considered.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: