Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:02:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Eth wallet not synching  (Read 103 times)
Chopper99999 (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:21:30 PM

Is anyone else had/having this issue>
Chopper99999 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:22:55 PM

Ive been synching for three days and can't see to get it to 100%

Anyone else have this issue?
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:27:53 PM

Ive been synching for three days and can't see to get it to 100%

Anyone else have this issue?

Do you see any progress made in terms of more blocks being downloade to your wallet? Thing that pops to my mind right now is that, in case you see that blocks are being downloaded, because of ethereum blockchain being huge in size (over 300GB as from now) it may take you days if not few weeks to download it in full and fill 100% and don't forget that in future your node will download more so you have to have enough space for that.
Chopper99999 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:44:40 PM

That's kinda what I thought.  I have a ledger on order, but meh, it was late and I wanted some eth for an ICO purchase.
Is there a way for move configure it onto another drive?  For some arsehole reason it threw it on the C drive, even though I installed it onto a much larger ssd.  I suppose if I move my profile onto another larger drive, that might work. (it's a 80gb nvme.  I have a samsung 960 on my pc waiting to be fitted, but I am being lazy this week)
ManaMan

Activity: 238
Merit: 38

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:13:25 AM

That's kinda what I thought.  I have a ledger on order, but meh, it was late and I wanted some eth for an ICO purchase.
Is there a way for move configure it onto another drive?  For some arsehole reason it threw it on the C drive, even though I installed it onto a much larger ssd.  I suppose if I move my profile onto another larger drive, that might work. (it's a 80gb nvme.  I have a samsung 960 on my pc waiting to be fitted, but I am being lazy this week)

To be honest I never really played with core wallets much which means that I can't help you there, you may try that - there must be an option to change the directory. Since I am lazy to keep updated with blockchain I tend to use lightweight wallets, these don't require you to download the blockchain.

If you are in a hurry to use ETH you can simply use some other wallet such as ( although ledger is more secure than these) :
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:23:01 AM

I have not yet installed a local purse, but sometimes the etherium network, as we all know, has problems with which it is useless to fight, so it's probably worth waiting for, but if they do not stop, then it's worth looking for a problem on your computer.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:17:13 PM

Sometimes Eth wallet is having some issues so be aware of signing in your private key in MEW.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 12:24:55 PM

The imtoken I've seen in this time is incorrect. The message is not my address. I didn't receive the token either. Affirm the official problem of imtoken. As for other wallet, I don't know anything about it for the time being. I suggest using this website to query token:https://deltabalances.github.io/

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 12:26:54 PM

I have not yet installed a local purse, but sometimes the etherium network, as we all know, has problems with which it is useless to fight, so it's probably worth waiting for, but if they do not stop, then it's worth looking for a problem on your computer.

those problems you have heard about have nothing to do with what OP is facing right now. those problems are the congestion of the network and it being unable to handle that many transactions. and in some cases the nodes crash.

what OP is experiencing are two things: the hugeness of the blockchain, the slowness of the download because he has to connect to another node and download and then verify each block and store it.
it has been impossible to sync a full node of ethereum for a while now due to these issues and it will only get harder.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
jan.nicolas

Activity: 672

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:51:41 PM

I think you probably already succeeded, because they say that the ether network has more and more glitches lately, because it is increasingly hanging due to the fact that now there are a lot of people in the currency, these are the cases, I think that already all works, but if not, write, let's try to understand.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: