Bitcoin Forum
August 24, 2024, 07:20:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Nicehash] Stratum difficulty doesn't lower  (Read 199 times)
JeckNoise (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:23:42 PM

Hi guys, I have an issue that relates to stratum difficulty on Nicehash stratum server.

My setup is 1x 1070 and 1x 1070ti and I manage to have 2,3/2,4 MH/s for noescrypt algo which gives me an average of 0,0011 btc per day.

I only mine neoscrypt 'cos it is the most stable and profitable in the 24h between all algos I tried.

The only problem is that it often happens that the miner gives no shares for 5-6 minutes and it lower my hashpower and earnings a lot.

I use ccminer KlausT, and when I start it, it sets the stratum difficulty to 4096 (which is supposedly too high for my setup) and after 2 minutes of no given shares it always lower the difficulty to 2048.
https://i.imgur.com/5NQTfKy.png
Now the 2048 difficulty works sometimes, but other times it gives me no shares for 5+ minutes, and the miner doesn't lower the difficulty under that parameter, preventing me to give more shares and stopping my earnings for 5 minutes or more.
Here some examples:
https://i.imgur.com/bPBdo62.png
https://i.imgur.com/ITq2elj.png

Can you tell me if it's normal or do I have to do something to get the best from my rigs and not wasting time with no shares?
JeckNoise (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:42:03 AM

Anybody?
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3850
Merit: 1727

Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:24:01 AM

Hi guys, I have an issue that relates to stratum difficulty on Nicehash stratum server.

My setup is 1x 1070 and 1x 1070ti and I manage to have 2,3/2,4 MH/s for noescrypt algo which gives me an average of 0,0011 btc per day.

I only mine neoscrypt 'cos it is the most stable and profitable in the 24h between all algos I tried.

The only problem is that it often happens that the miner gives no shares for 5-6 minutes and it lower my hashpower and earnings a lot.

I use ccminer KlausT, and when I start it, it sets the stratum difficulty to 4096 (which is supposedly too high for my setup) and after 2 minutes of no given shares it always lower the difficulty to 2048.

Now the 2048 difficulty works sometimes, but other times it gives me no shares for 5+ minutes, and the miner doesn't lower the difficulty under that parameter, preventing me to give more shares and stopping my earnings for 5 minutes or more.
Here some examples:

Can you tell me if it's normal or do I have to do something to get the best from my rigs and not wasting time with no shares?

There is nothing you can do. Some of the difficulties have a min. difficiutly and you can't lower it.

XMR is another one that has a very high difficulty and if you are only mining on 1 or 2 GPUs it will be a while until it finds a share.

Either way, overall it should average out and you will make the same amount of money anyways.

▄▄▄█████████████████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄██████████  ███████████████▄
████████▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████
███████   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ██████
███████   ███████████████████
███████▄              ▀██████
████████████████████   ██████
██████   ▀██████████   ██████
███████▄              ▄██████
▀███████████████  ██████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀