Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:24:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your support response times are inacceptable, Poloniex  (Read 110 times)
oda.krell (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:00:42 PM

I've been a customer of Poloniex for many years now. I've always had a good experience with them: trading went smooth, and withdrawals were never a problem. However, this changed recently.

I submitted a support ticket, requesting an increase of my withdrawal limits, on December 6th. I noted that, given my current limits, it would take months for me to withdraw even a fraction of my funds. I asked which documentation they require to enhance my verification level -- and haven't received a response for 40 days now.

I can understand that under the current load of new customers, support times across all exchanges tend to be longer than usual. But 40 days of waiting time is no longer acceptable. I'm not overly fond of public ultimatums, but since Poloniex choses not to interact on any communication channel, I don't have much of a choice:

If I haven't received an answer to my support ticket #554603 within 10 business days, I will take legal action to take possession of my funds currently held on Poloniex. I still hope this outcome can be avoided, but I will not allow Poloniex to effectively hold my funds hostage without an explanation or any sort of response.

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bonipper

Activity: 246
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 09:09:10 PM

Last summer it was taking two months, and the exchange is probably more overloaded now than back then.

Congrats! I understand your pain as it takes me 2 months for the verification as well. Hope poloniex can improve on the customer support area since the troll box moderators are assigned to support tickets.

I still waiting over 2months for level 3. And my balance is 0.4btc left there. I now prefer to transact in other exchangers. makes me feel better.

Although today's support response times are completely unacceptable I suspect they will soon get much worse because all legacy accounts will soon need to upgrade to more stringent KYC verified accounts.

https://poloniex.com/press-releases/2017.12.27-Notice-to-legacy-account-holders/
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 07:52:27 PM

I've been a customer of Poloniex for many years now. I've always had a good experience with them: trading went smooth, and withdrawals were never a problem. However, this changed recently.

I submitted a support ticket, requesting an increase of my withdrawal limits, on December 6th. I noted that, given my current limits, it would take months for me to withdraw even a fraction of my funds. I asked which documentation they require to enhance my verification level -- and haven't received a response for 40 days now.

I can understand that under the current load of new customers, support times across all exchanges tend to be longer than usual. But 40 days of waiting time is no longer acceptable. I'm not overly fond of public ultimatums, but since Poloniex choses not to interact on any communication channel, I don't have much of a choice:

If I haven't received an answer to my support ticket #554603 within 10 business days, I will take legal action to take possession of my funds currently held on Poloniex. I still hope this outcome can be avoided, but I will not allow Poloniex to effectively hold my funds hostage without an explanation or any sort of response.

I now wait 11 days to get enhanced verification. I did exactly same on Bittrex, same application and same documents and pictures and was verified in 5 days.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: