Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:27:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Capital One Wrongfully Denies My Bitcoin Purchases 1/15/2018  (Read 75 times)
RRip (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 07:10:46 PM

So last night I attempted to buy Bitcoin with my Capital One credit card and I was denied. For the record my account is in perfect standing. I use my card very often, maily for business purposes, and always pay my my bill im full. My payments are never late so overall, my point is I’m a long time and very upstanding customer. That being said Capital One has wrongfully, possibly illegally denied my Bitcoin purchase under the pretense of fraud. This is not my first purchase of cryptocurrency as I have already made sed purchase 2 times within the past month. So I called Capitol One’s customer service in order to properly verify my identity and get on with my purchase, only to find out that “fraud” played no part in why they wouldn’t allow my purchase. As it turns out, Capital One decided JUST LAST NIGHT that in order to avoid cryptocurrency damaging their business they will not allow purchase of Bitcoin, and from what I understand, any other cryptocurrency as well. This is completely wrong because they have made a decision that makes me unable to make money without my consent. I did not ask for a second mommy when I signed the customer agreement with Capital One. They have no right to tell me how to spend and make money. Then they tell me that they still won’t allow my purchase or do business with the Bitcoin company because it is guaranteed to lose money. Yet if I wanted to invest in the stock market, even in a failing company, that would be okay? If I wanted to spend $5,000.00 on a tv that is worth $500.00 and can verify my identity and disprove any allegations of fraud that’s my perogitive and they cannot tell me otherwise. After being on the phone for at least 30 mintues the only help I could get was a “supervisor” assuring me she has filed my feddback and would “push it right up the chain”. We all know how that goes…. Will I get a call back about it? Probably not, instead I’ll have to call back and chase this down and fight hard to make a purchase. And I will fight to be compensated for the money I lose during whatever amount of time it takes to fix this by any means necessary because this is completely wrong. SO TO EVERYONE AND ANYONE WHO IS SMART LIKE MYSELF AND WANTS TO INVEST IN CRYPTOCURRENCY: DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. THIS IS NOT THE LAST WE WILL SEE OF THIS ATTEMPT TO TAKE OUT CRYPTOCURRENCY. They are scared of how much it will hurt them if more and more people do as I do and invest in cryptocurrency. With no regard to myself, my well-being or my choice to invest in persuit of profit they have wrongfully made a decision on my behalf to control what I can and can’t buy and that is wrong. It is my decision and no one else’s and win or lose, given my track record, my bill will still be paid as usual. If you have the same problem please DO NOT LET THESE BIG COMPANIES GET AWAY WITH TRYING TO STOP GROWTH OF SOMETHING GREAT AT OUR EXPENSE! THOUGHTS OR PATTERNS?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CarrollFilms

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

Can I eat a Bitcoin?

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:25:34 PM

cancel your capital one account like I did

Back in my day Bitcoin used to cost $69
vectorshield

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:40:24 PM

So last night I attempted to buy Bitcoin with my Capital One credit card and I was denied. For the record my account is in perfect standing. I use my card very often, maily for business purposes, and always pay my my bill im full. My payments are never late so overall, my point is I’m a long time and very upstanding customer. That being said Capital One has wrongfully, possibly illegally denied my Bitcoin purchase under the pretense of fraud. This is not my first purchase of cryptocurrency as I have already made sed purchase 2 times within the past month. So I called Capitol One’s customer service in order to properly verify my identity and get on with my purchase, only to find out that “fraud” played no part in why they wouldn’t allow my purchase. As it turns out, Capital One decided JUST LAST NIGHT that in order to avoid cryptocurrency damaging their business they will not allow purchase of Bitcoin, and from what I understand, any other cryptocurrency as well. This is completely wrong because they have made a decision that makes me unable to make money without my consent. I did not ask for a second mommy when I signed the customer agreement with Capital One. They have no right to tell me how to spend and make money. Then they tell me that they still won’t allow my purchase or do business with the Bitcoin company because it is guaranteed to lose money. Yet if I wanted to invest in the stock market, even in a failing company, that would be okay? If I wanted to spend $5,000.00 on a tv that is worth $500.00 and can verify my identity and disprove any allegations of fraud that’s my perogitive and they cannot tell me otherwise. After being on the phone for at least 30 mintues the only help I could get was a “supervisor” assuring me she has filed my feddback and would “push it right up the chain”. We all know how that goes…. Will I get a call back about it? Probably not, instead I’ll have to call back and chase this down and fight hard to make a purchase. And I will fight to be compensated for the money I lose during whatever amount of time it takes to fix this by any means necessary because this is completely wrong. SO TO EVERYONE AND ANYONE WHO IS SMART LIKE MYSELF AND WANTS TO INVEST IN CRYPTOCURRENCY: DO NOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN. THIS IS NOT THE LAST WE WILL SEE OF THIS ATTEMPT TO TAKE OUT CRYPTOCURRENCY. They are scared of how much it will hurt them if more and more people do as I do and invest in cryptocurrency. With no regard to myself, my well-being or my choice to invest in persuit of profit they have wrongfully made a decision on my behalf to control what I can and can’t buy and that is wrong. It is my decision and no one else’s and win or lose, given my track record, my bill will still be paid as usual. If you have the same problem please DO NOT LET THESE BIG COMPANIES GET AWAY WITH TRYING TO STOP GROWTH OF SOMETHING GREAT AT OUR EXPENSE! THOUGHTS OR PATTERNS?
A few days ago it was published in the forum this is their official policy and they are not going to change it for a single client, so cancel that and buy bitcoin in other way, remember if the money is in the bank and they can do this to you then that means they think that money belongs to them.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: