Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:59:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Spectrecoin a scam?
Yes - 13 (24.1%)
No - 32 (59.3%)
Maybe they magically found a way to make staking anonymous, but it can't be revealed until they're in the top 100 - 9 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is spectrecoin a scam?  (Read 1300 times)
lugospod

Activity: 60
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 10:44:34 PM

I actually sold my XSPEC +-0 as there are too many get-rich-fast-kiddys spamming every thread in the forum which also seems to affect the coins reputation.
I think it has potential and maybe it will rise but yeah... And no, I don't think it's scam - however it would be interesting if this spammers are paid or if they're doing it on their own.

You sold just because there are kids running on forum? Smiley))) sorry, but this is ridiculous Smiley If people acted like that then nobody would have TRON coins anymore Smiley

Nobody would buy not one ICO...

People are free to talk whether we like it or no... it's a free world (except China and North Korea Tongue) ... we are here to invest and if such kids influence people and make them invest into coins they haven't investigated (whitepaper, linkedin profiles, GIT, ...) then they deserve to loose money:)
Inkognito222

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:40:28 AM

Spectrecoin (XSPEC) is a top privacy coin with  amazing tech and strong dev team. No scam
lamacchia

Activity: 342
Merit: 4

LUCRETOKEN.COM

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:08:39 AM

definitely not. I've never read about spectrecoin and the result of this coin is not a scam. Thus I see this coin is one of the coins is a pretty good future potential.

LUCRETOKEN.com ▬ DON'T HODL; TRADE!
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE
heringasem

Activity: 168
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:16:58 AM

Anyone realized that this coin is being always shilled in this forum? I dont know why, a lot of people are saying that the dev's are paying people to post threads in here or just talk good and positive stuff about their project. It is not a legit project.

puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 06:23:40 AM

Spectrecoin claims to have anonymous staking, but no one has yet to explain how it achieves this miracle. I'm calling BS until someone can explain it.

I am not a tech expert so i have no idea how the infrastructure layer works but being a pass member of the spectrecoin community.

I would say that they are not scam, the community is healthy and it is not a PnD coins. Although i've sold all my spectrecoins previously to fund something else, i am still confident that spectrecoin could be something good there

Devs developed and gives update time by time, if its a scam, there's no reason for them to keep developed and entertain the user because they could just ignore and leave Grin
rkrams

Activity: 115
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:29:18 AM

The coin seems solid so far, the one thing i dont like abut it is there is no proper team info about it on the site, i hate coins were you dont know is developing it. It always helps to have face. Wile it may have worked for bit coin it was a new tech then now when there is so many alts right left and centre it helps to have a face.
jimmywh

Activity: 140
Merit: 22

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:02:44 AM

I think it is sad to see so much fud going around these days. Instead of appreciating that privacy coins are in high demand, people are busy trash talking the others. A bunch of internet warriors is what you are. I hold quite a few XSPEC, DeepOnion, Monero, Zero etc., and I don't see any reason why they can't co-exist as they have different pro's and con's.
thomascr9695

Activity: 65

OPQ

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:14:29 AM

We don't know, it's a gamble coin. High profit high lose. Don't complain about it.

OPACITY
TeeSS

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:19:51 AM

It seems there are many "kids" out there investing into some coin and suddenly that is the best coin in the world and all the other coins are shit. Well I guess that is the human nature. There are lot of great coins out there with amazing tech and developers and I don't understand what is the reason for this "shittalk". If XSPEC successfully implements stealth staking based on their roadmap, it would be huge and I would consider it to be best privacy coin out there. Great project, definitely not a scam. Let's see if they can keep up with their plans.
arturobernalg

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:23:09 AM

Definitely is not a scam. It’s a great coin focus in privacy. Great team behind and greats and large community.
Rawfoxx

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:36:13 AM

Spectrecoin is not a scam. Stealth staking is achievable with the OBFS4 feature.
The wallet has proven that it works fine.
Kgdktac

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:58:30 AM

For me I don't think it's a scam. Has been running a product for years now and has a crypto wallet that is decent. There is this big ICO Bankera that currently running their raising millions of dollars.
Have their own credit cards too. I had my reservations and doubts too, but have to give some credits, even if for Bankera alone.

ohliuw

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:05:26 AM

ROFL @ the shitcoin guy who started this thread.

Someone trying to pump their own scam shitcoins by attempting to discredit others.

XSPEC has the best community out there in this pump and dump world - never use shady marketing practices to discredit the competition. They let the technology speak for itself instead of paynig marketing scammers.

Once stealth staking is out in Q2, it will be pretty much game over for the other privacy coins.
drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:16:28 AM

I don't believe that's a scam. I am actually planning to invest in, but not so sure if the market will keep going down or not.
ohliuw

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:25:06 AM

How can it be a scam? A scam means that the devs plan on taking off with the money or that the entire project is just air. It's clearly a real project. Perhaps there's doubt, legitimate or not, about whether they can deliver 100% on their plans. But that's pretty far away from it being a scam.

If they say they have a solution for anonymous staking and they don't, it's a scam.

By using your logic, if you say that they don't have a solution but they do, you are a scam!

Do you have the proof that they don't have a solution? If not, you shouldn't be accusing anyone. Everybody can make their own choice whether to believe them or not.

The fact that that they don't have any of the premined coins as they took over this project and only rely on donations from staking already distinguishes the project from aĺl the other scam going on here. If they wanted to cheat, they could.have created a new ICO, take the profit and run.
obadia

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:16:42 AM

It is interesting to see that the defenders of Spectrecoin vary in the claim that:
1. Spectrecoin has already its anonymity features.
2. Spectrecoin will implement its anonymity features in Q2 2018.

The fact that most defenders are having the banners of Spectrecoin and that they can't agree within themselves on the status brings some clear conclusions:

a. Bad communication of Spectrecoin.
b. Most of them are unable unable to understand what they are speaking about.
c. Probably one of them is right and we will now know for now.

Therefor, no information on wherever it is a scam but a negative outlook is clearly marking the behavior of its defending community.
johncro_

Activity: 107

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:33:07 AM

It is interesting to see that the defenders of Spectrecoin vary in the claim that:

The fact that most defenders are having the banners of Spectrecoin and that they can't agree within themselves on the status brings some clear conclusions:

Therefor, no information on wherever it is a scam but a negative outlook is clearly marking the behavior of its defending community.
yes i agree with you.
my concern with this is a lot of newcomers who want to make quick buck is just spamming forum with "easy fast x100" and they put some thing in their post which is not true but its planned to be integrated in coin,which makes us look like we pay people to spam like deep onion does.
looking longterm, project will shine I am sure of that,will take some time but hey great things don't come over night.
as for shillers like lead developer said, you can't forbid someone spamming and posting copy paste posts,they are here to make quick buck which in short term can hurt price a bit but long-term won't affect a bit
ohliuw

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:02:25 AM

generalizethis, there was no need to register new account to attack the coin again Grin

Obviously, 99% of the crypto world is a scam. And obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But lets keep it civilized and argue based on facts, not on what other coins we hodl to try to bring the competition down.

As for the people who claim 100x, maybe their posts are taken out of context? I guess what they are trying to say that the market cap it low for such a coin, and if the devs deliver, it can easily grow 100x. But yes, it won't happen tomorrow. And actually it might never happen they the market is melting now - it might be the end of the crypro world as well.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 11:24:01 AM

generalizethis, there was no need to register new account to attack the coin again Grin

Obviously, 99% of the crypto world is a scam. And obviously, everyone is entitled to their opinion. But lets keep it civilized and argue based on facts, not on what other coins we hodl to try to bring the competition down.

As for the people who claim 100x, maybe their posts are taken out of context? I guess what they are trying to say that the market cap it low for such a coin, and if the devs deliver, it can easily grow 100x. But yes, it won't happen tomorrow. And actually it might never happen they the market is melting now - it might be the end of the crypro world as well.

Why would I need to create a new account? Or are you projecting? Seems there are only noob supporters for xspec, so....

Anyway, if people want to invest based on a feature that doesn't exist, doesn't have a whitepaper, and the dev refuses to ID what projects he worked on before, that's there problem. I only wanted an answer to the question and I got it--good luck with your hopium based investment.

generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 11:26:20 AM

How can it be a scam? A scam means that the devs plan on taking off with the money or that the entire project is just air. It's clearly a real project. Perhaps there's doubt, legitimate or not, about whether they can deliver 100% on their plans. But that's pretty far away from it being a scam.

If they say they have a solution for anonymous staking and they don't, it's a scam.

By using your logic, if you say that they don't have a solution but they do, you are a scam!

Do you have the proof that they don't have a solution? If not, you shouldn't be accusing anyone. Everybody can make their own choice whether to believe them or not.

The fact that that they don't have any of the premined coins as they took over this project and only rely on donations from staking already distinguishes the project from aĺl the other scam going on here. If they wanted to cheat, they could.have created a new ICO, take the profit and run.

The dev said he won't explain how anonymous staking is supposed to work, so yeah, that's all the proof I need--this looks like another scam.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: