Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 06:19:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Is Spectrecoin a scam?
Yes - 13 (24.1%)
No - 32 (59.3%)
Maybe they magically found a way to make staking anonymous, but it can't be revealed until they're in the top 100 - 9 (16.7%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is spectrecoin a scam?  (Read 1300 times)
langdong

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:06:06 PM

I can't really say if it's a scam or not but I will definitively stay away from it. Why?

Well, firstly I find it very suspicious that so many people here (often with a very low activity, new accounts) shill it so hard. I read it everywhere. Take any thread, you'll find Spectrecoin in it. Now you might say this is a good thing. Not for me, it only makes me personally very suspicious. I'm pretty sure that some people get paid to promote this coin. And even create new accounts for that.
2.: I don't buy any coins or tokens where I can't find the team on the website within seconds. And actually you find nothing about the team at all on the website.
3.: Another privacy coin? Really? Don't we already have thousands of them? Who will ever use them? No one I guess.
4.: It kind of reminds me of TRX, XRB, XRP and XVG. Which for me isn't a good thing. I think a lot of new people who don't have that much experience in crypto buy it.

Until now most of my investments were rock-solid and I won't change that. So if Spectrecoin flies to the moon, congrats to all the people on board. I'll gladly pass and watch it take off from earth then.

There is a reason behind it. Nobody gets paid as nobody has the budget to pay. The dev team took over the project has zero premined coins. They only get coins from donations from staking. No budget to pay marketing, so the community behind it is trying to raise awareness.

I checked you post, and you seem to be promoting your hodlings in every thread (- IOTA - Lisk- Neo- Sonm- Shift- Nebulas- Stratis- DragonChain) - by your logic, does this mean they are scam and you are paid to do it?

No. Those are in my opinion very solid projects with a future because of a possible real life adoption. Also those projects have great visions, great teams (or even foundations) and are very transparent/communicative. That's why I recommend them. I wouldn't give any advice if I thought people might lose money with it.
But if you suspect me of doing so, I'm fine with that. Everybody is free to have her or his own opinion.

As for the shilling: Of course there's money for that for Spectrecoin. Only thing you have to do is to sell some coins. And as you said, there are donations.
You don't even have to sell. Payment could as well be the coin itself.

But I surely encourage everyone to make up his own mind and decide then (based on facts). Because after all I could be completely wrong. I just depicted my own opinion.

@NeverSop: I never said it was a scam. Read again please. I said I just can't know it.
ohliuw

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:34:36 PM

I can't really say if it's a scam or not but I will definitively stay away from it. Why?

Well, firstly I find it very suspicious that so many people here (often with a very low activity, new accounts) shill it so hard. I read it everywhere. Take any thread, you'll find Spectrecoin in it. Now you might say this is a good thing. Not for me, it only makes me personally very suspicious. I'm pretty sure that some people get paid to promote this coin. And even create new accounts for that.
2.: I don't buy any coins or tokens where I can't find the team on the website within seconds. And actually you find nothing about the team at all on the website.
3.: Another privacy coin? Really? Don't we already have thousands of them? Who will ever use them? No one I guess.
4.: It kind of reminds me of TRX, XRB, XRP and XVG. Which for me isn't a good thing. I think a lot of new people who don't have that much experience in crypto buy it.

Until now most of my investments were rock-solid and I won't change that. So if Spectrecoin flies to the moon, congrats to all the people on board. I'll gladly pass and watch it take off from earth then.

There is a reason behind it. Nobody gets paid as nobody has the budget to pay. The dev team took over the project has zero premined coins. They only get coins from donations from staking. No budget to pay marketing, so the community behind it is trying to raise awareness.

I checked you post, and you seem to be promoting your hodlings in every thread (- IOTA - Lisk- Neo- Sonm- Shift- Nebulas- Stratis- DragonChain) - by your logic, does this mean they are scam and you are paid to do it?

No. Those are in my opinion very solid projects with a future because of a possible real life adoption. Also those projects have great visions, great teams (or even foundations) and are very transparent/communicative. That's why I recommend them. I wouldn't give any advice if I thought people might lose money with it.
But if you suspect me of doing so, I'm fine with that. Everybody is free to have her or his own opinion.

As for the shilling: Of course there's money for that for Spectrecoin. Only thing you have to do is to sell some coins. And as you said, there are donations.

But I surely encourage everyone to make up his own mind and decide then (based on facts). Because after all I could be completely wrong. I just depicted my own opinion.

@NeverSop: I never said it was a scam. Read again please. I said I just can't know it.

I don't suspect you of anything. There is too much noise in crypto, so it's never clear who is real and who is fake.

I was just pointing out that you believe in some projects because of some possible real life adoption, so for you they are good. But there are people who will have their doubts about these projects, just like you have doubts about xspec. Just because someone else doesn't believe in what you believe, it doesn't automatically make it scam.
langdong

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:40:56 PM

I don't suspect you of anything. There is too much noise in crypto, so it's never clear who is real and who is fake.

I was just pointing out that you believe in some projects because of some possible real life adoption, so for you they are good. But there are people who will have their doubts about these projects, just like you have doubts about xspec. Just because someone else doesn't believe in what you believe, it doesn't automatically make it scam.

So would you please show me where exactly I wrote it was scam. Thank you. I specificly wrote I can't say if it is or if it is not. I just don't know. Then I depicted my concerns.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036

Facts are more efficient than fud

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:46:59 PM

SpectroCoin is definitely NOT a scam.
I'm using them for a couple of years, they are very well spread in Europe, you can find them on QIWI terminals which are present almost in any mini market.

No idea if you are right, but spectrocoin is not spectrecoin.

bob_alice

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:02:18 PM

At first glance it looks like generalizethis is trolling, but if you look at the bigger picture, it appears generalizethis is actually participating in the shills as there is now a poll concluding that spectre is not a scam and another highly visible spectre thread.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:08:30 PM

At first glance it looks like generalizethis is trolling, but if you look at the bigger picture, it appears generalizethis is actually participating in the shills as there is now a poll concluding that spectre is not a scam and another highly visible spectre thread.

Or perhaps I'm just pointing out that the devs have yet to prove how they are going to build anonymous staking. I've pointed out dubious claims before and have had to deal with armies of noobs (sock puppets), so nothing new in that regard.

pr3m0nition

Activity: 83

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:30:14 PM

Or perhaps I'm just pointing out that the devs have yet to prove how they are going to build anonymous staking. I've pointed out dubious claims before and have had to deal with armies of noobs (sock puppets), so nothing new in that regard.

By your logic, Every car manufacturer that has claimed that they will set the bar higher than other manufacturers, Needs to release the complete technical white paper on said vehicle, Down to the drag coefficients, Type of bearings used, effective suspension geometry, Drive train specs... etc.

Did you call tesla a scam when they said they were going to release a car that didnt use petrol as the energy source? Would it have been in tesla's best interest to release every specification on their ground breaking platform before they released it? No, Because the competitors that are MUCH more well funded could have used that template and implemented it prior to tesla ever having a working product.

Simply just trying to use an analogous situation so that you can wrap your head around what is going on here. Doesnt seem like its that complicated, But it may just be a simple case of inflated ego/ignorance going on here.

Regardless, Dont spread misinformation unless you have tangible proof that said coin is in fact a scam.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:36:10 PM

Spectrecoin claims to have it will have anonymous staking, but no one has yet to explain how it achieves this miracle. I'm calling BS until someone can explain it.

Its pretty bad how after a heated argument we had yesterday you go about creating this unbacked scam accusation thread having to edit the one sentence you come up with. This sentence was a false claim. I actually read all of the papers in your signature, your behaviour does not reflect that of your claimed beliefs, otherwise you wouldn't have made this thread. All you believe in is that your Monero does not have any competition for your own benefit of wealth. Let the public interpret your reputation.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
sirsplashalot

Activity: 520
Merit: 123

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:37:32 PM

By your logic, Every car manufacturer that has claimed that they will set the bar higher than other manufacturers, Needs to release the complete technical white paper on said vehicle, Down to the drag coefficients, Type of bearings used, effective suspension geometry, Drive train specs... etc.

Did you call tesla a scam when they said they were going to release a car that didnt use petrol as the energy source? Would it have been in tesla's best interest to release every specification on their ground breaking platform before they released it? No, Because the competitors that are MUCH more well funded could have used that template and implemented it prior to tesla ever having a working product.

Simply just trying to use an analogous situation so that you can wrap your head around what is going on here. Doesnt seem like its that complicated, But it may just be a simple case of inflated ego/ignorance going on here.

Regardless, Dont spread misinformation unless you have tangible proof that said coin is in fact a scam.

I wholeheartedly agree with this poster.

Worried about my trust rating? I am too. Bitcointalk users ‘Lauda’ and ‘gmaxwell’ have abused their superior powers in trust system to align their views with the ‘correct views.’ In no legal system in any jurisdiction do we have a definition for what Bitcoin is, they do not have the power to tell us what it is based on the rule of law.
Hurensohn

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:44:41 PM

Wow again some XMR Kids getting mad and spreading untrue FUD...
pr3m0nition

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:55:20 PM

I wholeheartedly agree with this poster.

Just trying to look at it from his perspective, But if you do everything in the world becomes a scam.. hahah.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 05:56:51 PM

If a car manufacturer promises a moonmobile that is powered by unicorn farts, yes, I would expect some explanation and I would call scam if they have no basis for making such a claim.

Want to shut me up, post how anonymous staking works, you don't even have to explain it in detail, just a rough sketch. Right now it's a claim and nada--not even a dev identification to base an opinion on prior work.

p.a.n.

Activity: 16

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:22:21 PM

If a car manufacturer promises a moonmobile that is powered by unicorn farts, yes, I would expect some explanation and I would call scam if they have no basis for making such a claim.

Want to shut me up, post how anonymous staking works, you don't even have to explain it in detail, just a rough sketch. Right now it's a claim and nada--not even a dev identification to base an opinion on prior work.

good god, even the lead developer tried to reason with you and went into detail why they aren't releasing this information at this time.

let it go.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 06:29:41 PM

good god, even the lead developer tried to reason with you and went into detail why they aren't releasing this information at this time.

let it go.

I keep responding to you guy(s), though I'm sure some of the noob accounts are sock puppets. So maybe you should let it go.

Anyone using the "trade secrets" argument should acknowledge that if you don't want to be called out for not showing how you prove your claim, then don't make the claim in the first place.

Take the claim down and I won't bother scrutinizing it.

But I'm sure you wont as that's the only interesting thing the coin has so no one will invest in it without the hope that a coin in the 200 rankings has a feature that could put it in the top 20.

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:52:24 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 07:15:08 PM by leopard2

XMR has best privacy, for now

Soon Spectre will have default private wallets, so it will be on par with XMR

HOWEVER (and I wonder how people cannot see this) Spectre uses staking (via Tor), not Proof of Work

It is much, much, much easier for an evil entity to outlaw or tax POW mining, than OBFS4/TOR routed staking. AFAIK they are working on staking via mobile devices too. NO hardware that needs to be shipped, consumes electricity, generates heat....NO mining pools that can be attacked. Nothing, just encrypted connections to other peers!

If you read scary news such as China mining ban, lovely Munchkin calling BTC wallets "Swiss number accounts" that need to be destroyed, and other crap like that, it is a miracle that Spectre is so much cheaper than XMR.  Shocked

Of course XMR is more mature. But is that a reason for a 100 fold price difference?

Truth is the new hatespeech.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 06:59:23 PM

XMR has best privacy, for now

Soon Spectre will have default private wallets, so it will be on par with XMR

HOWEVER (and I wonder how people cannot see this) Spectre uses staking (via Tor), not Proof of Work

It is much, much, much harder for an evil entity to outlaw or tax POW mining, than OBFS4/TOR routed staking. AFAIK they are working on staking via mobile devices too. NO hardware that needs to be shipped, consumes electricity, generates heat....NO mining pools that can be attacked. Nothing, just encrypted connections to other peers!

If you read scary news such as China mining ban, lovely Munchkin calling BTC wallets "Swiss number accounts" that need to be destroyed, and other crap like that, it is a miracle that Spectre is so much cheaper than XMR.  Shocked

Of course XMR is more mature. But is that a reason for a 100 fold price difference?

Problem is no one has created anonymous staking, and apparently the market doesn't think spectrecoin's dev (whoever that is) can do it.--other than the noobs well represented in this thread.

I wouldn't pay 1/1000th for some anonymous dev's unbacked claim, but that's me.

leopard2
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1014

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:11:27 PM

Right, maybe I don't understand this part but is it not anonymous already?

You buy Xspec
You transfer them to a private address. This is now an anonymous wallet.
You stake via Tor with your anonymous wallet.

How is that not anonymous staking? Or is this not what is being discussed here?  Huh

Truth is the new hatespeech.
generalizethis (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:13:23 PM

Right, maybe I don't understand this part but is it not anonymous already?

You buy Xspec
You transfer them to a private address. This is now an anonymous wallet.
You stake via Tor with your anonymous wallet.

How is that not anonymous staking? Or is this not what is being discussed here?  Huh

AFAIK anonymous staking does not exist in any coin.

It's a pretty major claim--especially from a dev team no one knows and who does not put forth how they intend to achieve it.

pr3m0nition

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:35:39 PM

I get where your coming from, This kind of thinking would vastly improve alot of areas outside of the crypto ecosystem. Health sciences for instance, If it were more of an open source forum for discovering new cures for diseases, Instead of a rat race of individual companies trying to find the cure and patent it, the whole system would evolve much quicker. But it isnt, And you cant expect to change the core ideas on how society works just because you want to know exactly how their anonymous POS works.

I certainly dont want to shut you up, Youre asking the important questions, But realize, Youre not gonna have the answer until its released.

Also, In terms of " if a car manufacturer promises a moonmobile" blah blah, You do realize tesla has claimed their new hyper car will be doing 0-60 in 1.9 seconds.(faster than any other production car) Thats a consistent 1.44 G's of acceleration... I would consider that a "moonmobile" and i dont see any published spec's on the amount of power their AC induction motors are going to consume.... Must be a scam.

Nebell

Activity: 406
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:56:23 PM

It's not a scam and claiming that it's a scam is just trolling.

Simply, if they don't manage to get anonymous staking working, it just means that they bite more than they could chew. It does not mean it's a scam.

Stop bullshitting everyone.

BitcoinZ - community driven, no premine, no dev-tax, developers always welcome
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3086664
https://btcz.rocks/
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: