Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 07:03:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC registration for ICOs? How do they verify?  (Read 644 times)
Xcvbkol

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

EQUAL Network Token

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 10:17:10 PM

The current KYC process is inefficient and a breach of privacy laws. If we can't have crypto without KYC then the least we can do is find ways to make it as painless as possible, minimizing privacy risks and maximizing efficiency. That's why I support blockchain ID projects like VeriMe.
I agree. Currently, the passage of KYC threatens the safety of people and this contradicts the principles of blockchain

Daffadile

Activity: 1162
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2018, 06:55:04 AM

They just checking if you are really not a U.S citizens because the SEC's has prohibited all of the citizens of america to join any of these countries,these ICOs are only following SEC's regulations so they wont have any problem with their ICO phases,KYC verifications will only require you to send your IDs so they would know if you are from U.S or not,so they can be sure that they wont violate the  SEC's regulations.

Bullshit dude. It is up to you to know the law in your own country.  You agree to it when you invest. You don't need KYC you should know the law.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
terible.hunter

Activity: 490

Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 04:56:01 PM

Very many in this forum speak out negatively about the KYC procedure, I will not break this tradition and simply add that people who share their personal data probably just do not understand what it can lead to.

vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 05:16:27 PM

KYC when you give only your personal details with passport its ok for me .You are not giving something more private like keys to your wallet
What can happen if they know your address?nOthing
The Iconoclast

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:43:07 PM

At present it's very simple to send fake I.D. because they don't have the possibiity to verify any passport.
And - as it's very risky to send your data to unknown entity - for sure it's better to send fake ones.
But probably in the future this won't be possible anymore.
Bye bye privacy... Sad
Haley craft

Activity: 196

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 12:54:51 PM

So most of the time, you can use the KYC verification, because they don't have any way to verify the correctness of the KYC information, because they don't get help from all countries, so most of the time, I think it is dangerous to submit KYC information,

crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:00:36 PM

Articles out there where the terrorists are using fake/stolen passports.

https://identity.utexas.edu/id-experts-blog/the-link-between-identity-theft-and-terrorism

Maybe we shouldn't be passing our passports to everyone to get into crypto.  Imagine a huge terror attack and your on the news because you sent in your passport for KYC and the world is looking for you!

come on dude don't make this sound funny honestly from a simple KYC of an ICO and later land yourself to be a terrorist on the news....

I dont even want to imagine the reaction of everyone that knows me and how all security wings would respond to this but I really think we should be cautious about this whole KYC process be this is not a light issue to brush off.
cryptokingdom

Activity: 236

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 01:05:32 PM

If the team really go through all the KYC, they will be able to spot out fake means of identification. There are so many things on the passport or government issued Id that can make someone to differentiate the original and the fake.

TelegramTwitter ❰❰❰❰❰❰  TERRAGREEN  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ Reddit  ● Medium
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●  GREENPAPER  ●  ICO Website  ●  ANN THREAD  ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
frchowe214

Activity: 402

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 07:06:05 PM

I don't know if they actually bother to verify, it would probably cost them money to check each application and it will take a long time administratively. The question is where people get these fake IDs, do people actually scour the dark web to find them?

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▇  GLX  ▇▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
Medium  ♦️  Facebook  ♦️  Telegram ◄ ▬▬▬▬ Class A Common Equity Token  ▬▬▬▬  ▶ Twitter  ♦️  Offering memorandum  ♦️  GitHub
STO ▶ March 15 2019 - May 14 2019
Faeton

Activity: 308
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:01:22 PM

I believe that any ICO project that requires your personal data is SCAM! There are no legitimate reasons for this, for this I pass by such projects. The same goes for AirDrop.
This is the right statement and the right decision. In the ICO, they can only visually inspect the provided data and compare it. They have no authority to check them. Therefore, they only collect confidential information, for the safety of which they do not bear any responsibility. Due to its uselessness, they can sell it to various attackers. With such a large number of fraudulent ICOs, we also give them our identification data and copies of documents.
This is especially true for participants of the ICO generosity campaign. How can they launder dirty money if they don’t pay any of their money? This situation is absurd.

Ward

Activity: 522
Merit: 257

XETHER - BET ON HONESTY !!!

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:06:59 PM

I think they look at your face, at your ID card and protective signs on it. I am not sure that on fake ID card will be appropriate protective signs.

▄▄██████████▄▄     
     ▄████████████████▄   
   ▄████████████████████▄ 
  ▄██████████████████████▄
 ▄███████████████████████▄
▐██████████████████████████▌
 ▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████████▀
   ▀████████████████████▀ 
     ▀████████████████▀   
       ▀▀██████████▀▀     

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄███████████████████▄
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
████▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███  █████▀▀▀██  █  ███
███  ███▀ ▄▄▄ ▀███  ███
███  ██▀ █████ ▀██  ███
███  ██▄ █████ ▄██  ███
███  ████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
███  █████▄▄▄█████  ███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████
 ▀███████████████████▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████
▐███████████████████████████▌
▐███████████  ▀█████████████▌
▐███████████     ▀██████████▌
▐███████████     ▄██████████▌
▐███████████  ▄█████████████▌
▐███████████████████████████▌
 ███████████████████████████
 ▀█████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
GmBoom

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 01:35:23 AM

It depends on the situation and who is in charge of the verification of the documents. But it is advisable to turn your official documents and not the doctored documents to ensure that your funds will not be hold or worst your funds get forfeited if found a fake document. 

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
fuer44

Activity: 1652
Merit: 262

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 01:43:03 AM

https://identity.utexas.edu/id-experts-blog/the-link-between-identity-theft-and-terrorism

Maybe we shouldn't be passing our passports to everyone to get into crypto.  Imagine a huge terror attack and your on the news because you sent in your passport for KYC and the world is looking for you!

You're right, everyone can still make fake passports or fake their personal identities. perhaps a good step is to provide evidence from the police that it never violates the law. but I think that makes them too busy.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
CryptoBry

Activity: 1008
Merit: 355

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:47:20 AM

I believe that any ICO project that requires your personal data is SCAM! There are no legitimate reasons for this, for this I pass by such projects. The same goes for AirDrop.
This is the right statement and the right decision. In the ICO, they can only visually inspect the provided data and compare it. They have no authority to check them. Therefore, they only collect confidential information, for the safety of which they do not bear any responsibility. Due to its uselessness, they can sell it to various attackers. With such a large number of fraudulent ICOs, we also give them our identification data and copies of documents.
This is especially true for participants of the ICO generosity campaign. How can they launder dirty money if they don’t pay any of their money? This situation is absurd.

I agree with this...we the ordinary ICO buyers, bounty hunters and the like are in danger because we are sharing our information and documents with people whom we are not sure what can do with those things we submitted into them. Until now, there is still no clear-cut solution for this dilemma. There must be a way where we can be authenticated without the need to submit to anyone those required documents and information. I am hoping that in 2019, we can be able to use the advantages of the blockchain technology for this situation.
jambul_kribo

Activity: 980
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:49:49 AM

You're right, everyone can still make fake passports or fake their personal identities. perhaps a good step is to provide evidence from the police that it never violates the law. but I think that makes them too busy.
but it could be minimize with making selfie photo by holding passport or national identity.personally i am  no agree cryptocurrency using kyc pass, becuase no regulation about crypto.

▄▄▄ ▄▄  ███▄████▄ ▄▄▄
████████▄███████████
▄█
██████████████████▄███
▀█████████████████████▀
██████████████████
██████████████
███████████
▐███████████████████▌
███████████████████
▐█████████████████▌
███████▀▄▀███████
▐██████▄▀▀██████▌
▀▀███████████▀▀
                          ███
                         ▀▀▀
                    ███▄▀
                   ▄
▀▀▀
             ▄███▄▀      ████
       ▄███▄▀ ▀▀▀        ████
  ███▄▀ ▀▀▀        █████ ████
  ▀▀▀              █████ ████
             █████ ████ ████
       █████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
 ████ ████ ████ ████ ████
███████████████████████████████
VALUE INCREASES
    NEVER DECREASES
THE WORLD'S MOST POWERFUL
STORE OF VALUE CURRENCY

|     Twitter     |   Facebook  |  Instagram  |   Telegram  |    Discord    |
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████     ███████████
BUY NOW

███████████     ████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
awazieik

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 02:27:52 AM

How do they verify identity in KYC registration? If I had a fake Id from the EU and an address would that possibly work?

I believe that using your passport ID, they can check if your details are accurate. However, i also think that having the information is very important due to regulations. What is indeed important is knowing who is keeping your information as these days, identity fraud is very common

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2018, 02:45:34 AM

How do they verify identity in KYC registration? If I had a fake Id from the EU and an address would that possibly work?

To verify KYC in crypto ICOs ,many of the project admin uses special verification tools like high intensive scanner machines to prove the authenticity of the provided documents by relating the information you have provided during the registration on their site to that of the provided documents.

HOMT