Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:15:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a job or assignment that pays in bitcoins.  (Read 3778 times)
Corner (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 02:44:07 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2011, 05:56:38 PM by Corner

Hi there,

I'm looking for a job or assignment that pays in bitcoins.

I've got excellent administrative skills, customer relations experience, project management, sales, even HR. I'm used to talking to CEO's of all levels. Oh and I'm fairly tech savvy too, albeit my focus is not coding per se.

Kind regards

Corner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
yellowcoin

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 04:29:05 PM

haha that would be interesting to make money and getting paid via bitcoin.  Problem is how would you spend it.  I doubt your landlord would accept electronic currency.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:40:37 PM

You're underestimating the power of cryptocurrencies. This is a freaking powder keg and probably the fastest growing forum and phenomena in computing history. It's going to have massive impact.
bitebitebite

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:50:23 PM

probably the fastest growing forum and phenomena in computing history.

More than facebook, myspace and a hundred other things? Arent there less than **,000 miners? No-one I know has ever heard about it, I would be grateful if you could you explain this further (preferrably including figures) as I would find it very interesting
RJau

Activity: 74

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:51:19 PM

Thats pretty game.  Probably your best bet is starting your own company and accepting only BitCoins.  Dont know if any employers are going to be this forward thinking.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:55:44 PM

probably the fastest growing forum and phenomena in computing history.

More than facebook, myspace and a hundred other things? Arent there less than **,000 miners? No-one I know has ever heard about it, I would be grateful if you could you explain this further (preferrably including figures) as I would find it very interesting

Oh ok. Perhaps it's just a feeling I have. I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this. You know, for me the future is so real that I sometimes mix it up with the present.
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 05:59:03 PM

fastest growing forum and phenomena in computing history

Noob.

Seriously, though, no it's not. It's a big, fast moving thing. There's been big, fast moving things. There will be big, fast moving things tomorrow. The world will not suddenly wake up one day and realise it's missing out on Bitcoin, this will be a long, hard fight to get Bitcoin into general acceptance. Right now, it's more or less seen as a lunatic fringe somewhere between gold bugs and L$ traders.

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:04:43 PM

I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this.

One idea off the top of my head: Second hacking of Mt. Gox causes massive loss of confidence in Bitcoin, general sell-off. Last few holdouts cling to currency in belief it will recover, but essentially lose their investment. Becomes a curious footnote in history along with Virtual Boy.

Another: Take-up by retailers too slow, people get fed up holding on to their Bitcoins waiting for them to be more valuable, mass sell-off.

A third: Fundamental weakness found in entropic source used for RSA key generation in the default client, private keys turn out to be discoverable in useful time, entire system crumbles.

I can probably come up with more.

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:30:42 PM

I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this.

One idea off the top of my head: Second hacking of Mt. Gox causes massive loss of confidence in Bitcoin, general sell-off. Last few holdouts cling to currency in belief it will recover, but essentially lose their investment. Becomes a curious footnote in history along with Virtual Boy.

Another: Take-up by retailers too slow, people get fed up holding on to their Bitcoins waiting for them to be more valuable, mass sell-off.

A third: Fundamental weakness found in entropic source used for RSA key generation in the default client, private keys turn out to be discoverable in useful time, entire system crumbles.

I can probably come up with more.

Yeah, but the thing is once you've opened the door to cryptocurrencies they won't die. It's open source so they will keep evolving now. You've seen yourself the enthusiasm bitcoins have sparked. That enthusiasm is an enormous motivator for open source coders to excel in developing the code. Mt. Gox is just a trading outpost, strictly speaking it's not even required - you can just meet up with someone and trade cash for bitcoins.

It's a self-developing system now and the natural next step in the evolution of the internet. This time it's real.
Miner99er

Activity: 310
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:48:44 PM

You'd need 12.5 Ghash/sec to pay someone 1 Bitcoin per hour, for an 8 hour day... and that's at the current difficulty as well as exchange rate.

Also, you're not counting hardware investment, and electricty requirements to get to that 12.5 GHash/sec... that's almost 42 5830's if you were wondering...

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 06:51:45 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2011, 07:02:58 PM by Corner

fastest growing forum and phenomena in computing history

Noob.

Seriously, though, no it's not. It's a big, fast moving thing. There's been big, fast moving things. There will be big, fast moving things tomorrow. The world will not suddenly wake up one day and realise it's missing out on Bitcoin, this will be a long, hard fight to get Bitcoin into general acceptance. Right now, it's more or less seen as a lunatic fringe somewhere between gold bugs and L$ traders.

I actually think the world is sort of waking up and realizing it's missing out on Bitcoins right now, it's like an earthquake. You cannot be enthusiastic enough about this thing. Scepticism is natural but in this case I make an exception - quit your day jobs fellas. This is the biggest thing not only in my lifetime but perhaps in the history of mankind. No longer will the state control and terrorize its citizens.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WilU8m3RIWg/TfDGIfRYHsI/AAAAAAAAJRo/syF6yZ6eOdg/s320/Bitcoin+Graph+1.jpg
hehu

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 07:49:25 PM

Most of that spike happened because of the media coverage and everyone finding out how much profit there was. Then you had just a huge influx of people dog piling in thinking they'd make a ton of money. Now that the difficulty is up to the point where it's making people second guess whether to stay in the game or buy more hardware, I'd say from here on will be a good indication of whether or not bitcoins will thrive.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:01:02 PM

You'd need 12.5 Ghash/sec to pay someone 1 Bitcoin per hour, for an 8 hour day... and that's at the current difficulty as well as exchange rate.

Also, you're not counting hardware investment, and electricty requirements to get to that 12.5 GHash/sec... that's almost 42 5830's if you were wondering...

Well there are heaps of small businesses starting up around the bitcoin currency. Businesses need admins and here I am. Mining is just one part of the coin, pun intended : )
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:08:10 PM

Most of that spike happened because of the media coverage and everyone finding out how much profit there was. Then you had just a huge influx of people dog piling in thinking they'd make a ton of money. Now that the difficulty is up to the point where it's making people second guess whether to stay in the game or buy more hardware, I'd say from here on will be a good indication of whether or not bitcoins will thrive.

They will thrive dude. Everyone needs a change of system, even parts of the established banking system are looking at this now.

Many of us have sensed that the system we live in is corrupt but it's been difficult to do anything about it. The core problem is taxation. Taxation is theft and as every transaction is taxed, we loose money in each and every transaction.

You cannot and should not build a distribution system of stolen goods. Unfortunately that's what the politicians have been trying to do for so long. Distributing stolen goods (money taken from the people through taxation) only benefits parts of society and only temporarily. The net effect is always negative since the cash were stolen in the first place.

We need to replace this system, which essentially builds on theft and has its roots in feudalism and tyranny with something new. BTC is that very new, shiny thing that will rock our world.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:33:10 PM

haha that would be interesting to make money and getting paid via bitcoin.  Problem is how would you spend it.  I doubt your landlord would accept electronic currency.
Just sell some to pay the usual bills, buy whatever you can with bitcoins and save the rest.

Actually I wouldn't think twice if my boss would give me the choice, euro's or bitcoins.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
bitebitebite

Activity: 95

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:39:44 PM
Last edit: July 10, 2011, 09:01:04 PM by bitebitebite

The core problem is taxation. Taxation is theft and as every transaction is taxed, we loose money in each and every transaction.

I'm not sure I follow. We will always need taxation, unless you can provide alternate means to maintain roads, schools and... everything. Of course corruption exists, and tax could be lower if people were not people, but are you suggesting no taxes?

Whats your magical alternative suggestion?, if Iv read your right
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:44:44 PM

Just sell some to pay the usual bills, buy whatever you can with bitcoins and save the rest.

Actually I wouldn't think twice if my boss would give me the choice, euro's or bitcoins.

There you have it : ) Someone who catches my drift. There's sick money to be made here and a new world to be built. Let's start anew.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:54:02 PM

Becomes a curious footnote in history along with Virtual Boy.

Ahahaha...virtual boy...
RandyFolds

Activity: 448

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 08:57:30 PM

The core problem is taxation. Taxation is theft and as every transaction is taxed, we loose money in each and every transaction.

So roadways, public utilities, police, fire service, military...essentially ALL infrastructure should all just materialize out of thin air...brilliant. We need to get you to chair the economics department at Harvard.

Seriously dude, you are retarded. No one likes taxes, but to be naive and ignorant enough not to understand their necessity makes me think you are 13 and in your parents' basement.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:03:43 PM

I'm not sure I follow. We will always need taxation, unless you can provide alternate means to maintain roads, schools and... everything. Of course corruption exists, and tax could be lower if people were not people, but are you suggesting no taxes?

Whats your alternative suggestion?, if Iv read your right

No we don't. We have been born into a corrupt system so we don't see the obvious elephant in the room. The politicians argument is, just like yours, that we need taxes to sustain this and that, to provide welfare for poor people etc. But poor people are often poor because of taxation. Strong and healthy people tend to find good jobs and they make enough money not to be bothered by taxation. If you have reached or exceed the average US salary of 50000 USD you're fairly well off and the system benefits you. You have breached the surface so to speak.

However, for the weak, sick and feeble minded the situation is different. They may not have the power to reach the surface and will thus be held back perpetually by an ever increasing tax rate.

You do realize than when the first settlers colonized the West, the taxation rates were negligible? We had all this land to ourselves and we screwed it. Little by little, year by year, we let the politicians raise the taxes. Had we kept on this way for much longer we would no longer be the land of the brave and the free but just another Europe or China.

Fortunately, Bitcoins were invented before we reached that level of taxation. We can now build a new parallel system which will eventually buy out the old one, hopefully in a relatively peaceful transition, just like the first 15 years since internet got big have been characterized by a remarkably smooth transition.

Yes, we need roads, we need fire fighters and some of that stuff. However, it should all be financed privately. Now, thus far the private sector has been too weakened (because of extortionate taxation) to mantle the responsibility for the infrastructure but with the advent of the BTC we will eventually see private roads, private fire fighting teams and so on only.

Because it lays in man's faith to become truly individual and only when we are truly individual are we able to fully cooperate with others.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: