Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:05:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a job or assignment that pays in bitcoins.  (Read 3778 times)
Corner (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:08:25 PM

The core problem is taxation. Taxation is theft and as every transaction is taxed, we loose money in each and every transaction.

So roadways, public utilities, police, fire service, military...essentially ALL infrastructure should all just materialize out of thin air...brilliant. We need to get you to chair the economics department at Harvard.

Seriously dude, you are retarded. No one likes taxes, but to be naive and ignorant enough not to understand their necessity makes me think you are 13 and in your parents' basement.

I do not accept your tone and language and I have reported you to the moderators.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:16:51 PM

Yes, we need roads, we need fire fighters and some of that stuff. However, it should all be financed privately.

So you propose making the 'gap' between the haves and the have-nots into a wall. No ambulance is coming to help you...because you are poor. Your house is burning to the ground...because you're poor. Your children will be doomed to a life of abject squalor because you are so busy scraping and stealing to feed them that you have no time to educate them, that is, if they don't die of pertussis or rubella, because there is no vaccination program or standards without taxes.

RandyFolds

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:18:01 PM

I do not accept your tone and language and I have reported you to the moderators.

Where is that panic button?

rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:21:29 PM

Back, was getting popcorn, want some?

Bottom-right, "Report to moderators"

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
RandyFolds

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:26:41 PM

I meant that in a more metaphorical, "Do the mods actually care, and was what I said actually offensive?" way. I have said much worse on many a forum. In my humble opinion, spewing ignorant garbage about taxation being theft and privatizing all public works is more damaging to the Bitcoin society than me calling someone retarded...but hey, to each his own; Keep your tinfoil hat on straight, soldier.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:28:17 PM

Yes, we need roads, we need fire fighters and some of that stuff. However, it should all be financed privately.

So you propose making the 'gap' between the haves and the have-nots into a wall. No ambulance is coming to help you...because you are poor. Your house is burning to the ground...because you're poor. Your children will be doomed to a life of abject squalor because you are so busy scraping and stealing to feed them that you have no time to educate them, that is, if they don't die of pertussis or rubella, because there is no vaccination program or standards without taxes.

I advocate a peaceful transition from the current system to a system based on cryptocurrencies rather than cash transactions.

We have allowed ourselves to become dependent on the political system and thus on evil itself. Obviously, if we would lower the tax rate overnight, there would be massive negative consequences. Hence, that's not the way to go about it. But if every individual increasingly starts trading in BTC rather than USD, we will slowly be able to reach new ground. Bit by bit, bitcoin by bitcoin we will exchange an involuntary system for a voluntary one.

Eventually, the BTC system will be valued so highly, work so efficiently and be worth so much that it will not be much of an effort to buy out the public infrastructure. There is in fact nothing stopping multinational corporations from maintaining infrastructure, they have shown in the past that they can administer very complex systems, i. e. there is nothing that the public sector can do that the private sector cannot, rather the contrary.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:34:03 PM

I meant that in a more metaphorical, "Do the mods actually care, and was what I said actually offensive?" way. I have said much worse on many a forum. In my humble opinion, spewing ignorant garbage about taxation being theft and privatizing all public works is more damaging to the Bitcoin society than me calling someone retarded...but hey, to each his own; Keep your tinfoil hat on straight, soldier.

I resent your condescending, ignorant reply and all that goes with it. Begone, troll, off you go to another forum. The tinfoil hat is yours and yours alone.
skull88

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:54:33 PM

ok I'm not totally behind Corner his idea to privately finance everything, would be a little bit a big hassle, if everybody needs to maintain his own little piece of road before his house and I think it would be nice to get it in concrete and my neigbour thinks dirt is much better and his neighbour would like to use bricks, nah nice roads we would have.

Taxes are necessary, but I should have the choice where my money goes to, at this point my money goes to things like various beliefs I don't support, people who don't want to work (I don't care to give you like 3 months wage if you are unemployed but don't tell me you can't find a job within 15years), etc. and the things I find important like science and good roads, just don't get enough funds. So yeah at the moment I drive over the border Holland-Belgium and remember the roads I've driven and the thing my car bumps over at that moment I got a little bit the feeling I was robbed. I give away 50% of my wage for good roads and what do I get? An unemployed driving the same car as me flashing his lights because he got to be in time at the moskee, church,... whatever meetingplace comes into your mind to tell each other fairytales. No, at the moment I fill in my tax form I want to choose where the money will be used for. Everybody can just fill in where the money goes to and those funds should be used for what you filled in. If you want to give it to the firedepartment so it will be, if I want to give it to medical healthcare so it will be, that's in my opinion the only way you can get a fair taxsystem.

You could even go further and let the people vote on witch company can do the job, witch building constructor to choose, witch hospitals, witch firedepartments, and so on
But some people saying, here with your money and we will take care of it, is not the way to do it imho.

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
RandyFolds

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:55:41 PM

We have allowed ourselves to become dependent on the political system and thus on evil itself.

You should bone-up on some evolutionary biology. Society isn't exactly something that humans came up with...but I am glad that you have single-handedly outsmarted 11 billion years of molecular evolution and nigh-on seven billion people. Keep shouting troll every time someone disagrees...eventually, the worlds governments will dissolve and we will all roll around in the utopian grass of your mind's eye.
RandyFolds

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 09:59:55 PM

ok I'm not totally behind Corner his idea to privately finance everything, would be a little bit a big hassle, if everybody needs to maintain his own little piece of road before his house and I think it would be nice to get it in concrete and my neigbour thinks dirt is much better and his neighbour would like to use bricks, nah nice roads we would have.

Taxes are necessary, but I should have the choice where my money goes to, at this point my money goes to things like various beliefs I don't support, people who don't want to work (I don't care to give you like 3 months wage if you are unemployed but don't tell me you can't find a job within 15years), etc. and the things I find important like science and good roads, just don't get enough funds. So yeah at the moment I drive over the border Holland-Belgium and remember the roads I've driven and the thing my car bumps over at that moment I got a little bit the feeling I was robbed. I give away 50% of my wage for good roads and what do I get? An unemployed driving the same car as me flashing his lights because he got to be in time at the moskee, church,... whatever meetingplace comes into your mind to tell each other fairytales. No, at the moment I fill in my tax form I want to choose where the money will be used for. Everybody can just fill in where the money goes to and those funds should be used for what you filled in. If you want to give it to the firedepartment so it will be, if I want to give it to medical healthcare so it will be, that's in my opinion the only way you can get a fair taxsystem.

You could even go further and let the people vote on witch company can do the job, witch building constructor to choose, witch hospitals, witch firedepartments, and so on
But some people saying, here with your money and we will take care of it, is not the way to do it imho.

You do have a say where your taxes go, and who gets awarded those lucrative contracts...ever been to a city council meeting? I assume that a progressive European society has some equivalent...

Letting people 'choose where their money is spent' is ridiculous. Half of the world is of average or below-average intelligence. You trust them to invest in more than short sited thrill seeking? I hope you like your waterparks...your utopia will be filled with them.
bitebitebite

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:07:14 PM

I can agree with money going to the intentionally unemployed, and some areas not getting enough funding (and some too much) being wrong... but to think every citizen has the capacity/knowledge/time to distribute funds so infrastructure and society works fluently is very optimistic to put it politely. Things would be in chaos in a month.
Miner99er

Activity: 310

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:14:35 PM

You all are looking at this wrong!!! Totally wrong...

Taxes we will have, this is a fact of life... sorry no way around paying for public services that we all need that we rarely use... metaphorically speaking.

But Taxes disappear in to a black hole projects, slush funds, pork barrel projects, SSI, medicare, what-have-you...

Unlike regular USD...  Bitcoin, EVERY TRANSACTION is public and traceable...

Think about this now. Imagine if every dollar you pay in income tax, sales tax, property tax, inheritance tax, etc. were publicly available. You knew weather your money went to pay someone's SSI check, or when to pay for a new weapon, tank, or airplane.

Bought From Yochdogx2, Alexmat, SgtSpike, David_Benz, Beaflag VonRathburg, Slaveindebt, Cptmooseinc, Coinhoarder

Donations? SURE! 16foPr8FAjYXKL8ApQAzihnigXm1qNhi8Q

http://pyramining.com/referral/yfab9med7   
http://pyramining.com/referral/ahmc7en6z
http://pyramining.com/referral/pagndq4xc   
http://pyramining.com/referral/79b2gmrzx
http://pyramining.com/referral/e2ghz4asy
RandyFolds

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 10:29:35 PM

Taxes we will have, this is a fact of life... sorry no way around paying for public services that we all need that we rarely use... metaphorically speaking.

But Taxes disappear in to a black hole projects, slush funds, pork barrel projects, SSI, medicare, what-have-you...

Think about this now. Imagine if every dollar you pay in income tax, sales tax, property tax, inheritance tax, etc. were publicly available. You knew weather your money went to pay someone's SSI check, or when to pay for a new weapon, tank, or airplane.

Look at Silk Road. Not so transparent, and that is set up by drug addicts.

Imagine the potential for someone with unlimited funds and unlimited intelligence to obfuscate the source and path of Bitcoin.
skull88

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 11:05:46 PM

You do have a say where your taxes go, and who gets awarded those lucrative contracts...ever been to a city council meeting? I assume that a progressive European society has some equivalent...

Letting people 'choose where their money is spent' is ridiculous. Half of the world is of average or below-average intelligence. You trust them to invest in more than short sited thrill seeking? I hope you like your waterparks...your utopia will be filled with them.
Actually, no we don't have city council meetings or some equivalent over here Wink

And the choice if your money goes to believe or not is actually something a lot of people want here and is only a matter of time before we will get that 1 choice on our taxform. I don't see why more options would form a problem, and I think you are smart enough to understand that waterparks don't need to be on the list of choices. But hey on the other hand, a country that looks like one big giant waterpark should drive lots of tourists bringing in lots of money don't you think  Cheesy Wink

No, I still believe in choices and I think most people are smart enough to make the right decision if you give them the right choices or at least the majority of people. Most people in the world also think that a country without a government for 1 year and 1 month would fall into total anarchy, plundering, murdering, raping,a total financial crisis, etc *looks through the window* yep, my car is still there with the gps and radio still in it and it still has 4 rims to stand on. Everything just goes like it always did, economical it doesn't really hurt us, roads are as bad as they used to be and crimes are the same like they always where and everybody just does his job like he always did. Some foreign investors are a little bit worried but looks like they are not that worried to not invest or run away like hell. So yes I have enough faith in the people here that they also can make the right choices, could it work everywhere and immediately? No, Rome wasn't build in a day and a taxsystem like this needs to be worked out step by step. People got to get used to it, and one choice at a time.

And yes I am a dreamer, and some things I think may seem totally irrational, but without dreamers a lot of good inventions/ideas wouldn't exist.

skull88

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 11:22:38 PM

Someone protests against war, and the next day he sees they used his taxmoney to buy one big shiny tank.  Cheesy

RandyFolds

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 01:53:34 AM

Most people in the world also think that a country without a government for 1 year and 1 month would fall into total anarchy, plundering, murdering, raping,a total financial crisis, etc *looks through the window* yep, my car is still there with the gps and radio still in it and it still has 4 rims to stand on. Everything just goes like it always did, economical it doesn't really hurt us, roads are as bad as they used to be and crimes are the same like they always where and everybody just does his job like he always did. Some foreign investors are a little bit worried but looks like they are not that worried to not invest or run away like hell. So yes I have enough faith in the people here that they also can make the right choices, could it work everywhere and immediately? No, Rome wasn't build in a day and a taxsystem like this needs to be worked out step by step. People got to get used to it, and one choice at a time.

And yes I am a dreamer, and some things I think may seem totally irrational, but without dreamers a lot of good inventions/ideas wouldn't exist.

I am only going to bring up one counterpoint: Somalia. True lack of government does, in fact, lead to chaos. You are comparing a western 'shutdown' of non-essential services to true pandemonium.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 03:49:45 PM

We don't need taxes, that's just how it is. It is unfortunate that we have become so dependent on a corrupt system, but BTC will allow for a new system to grow that will be a 1000% more efficient and peaceful.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:06:25 PM

We have allowed ourselves to become dependent on the political system and thus on evil itself.

You should bone-up on some evolutionary biology. Society isn't exactly something that humans came up with...but I am glad that you have single-handedly outsmarted 11 billion years of molecular evolution and nigh-on seven billion people. Keep shouting troll every time someone disagrees...eventually, the worlds governments will dissolve and we will all roll around in the utopian grass of your mind's eye.

I didn't single-handedly outsmart the system - the bitcoin and open source community did.

I was calling you a troll because you insulted me and posted spiteful comments. Are you one of those sad people that only feel big when they flame on the internet? Dude, that’s so year 2000. Grow up and stop flaming and provoking.

And yes, the governments will actually dissolve and/or be replaced by a sort of cloud society.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:08:44 PM

I can agree with money going to the intentionally unemployed, and some areas not getting enough funding (and some too much) being wrong... but to think every citizen has the capacity/knowledge/time to distribute funds so infrastructure and society works fluently is very optimistic to put it politely. Things would be in chaos in a month.

No, that's where you're wrong. The open source community has shown the power of decentralized networking solutions when it comes to decision making.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:09:57 PM

No, there will be no involuntary taxes in the future. Possibly voluntary ones but they might be known under a different name.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: