Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:55:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking for a job or assignment that pays in bitcoins.  (Read 3778 times)
Corner (OP)

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:12:31 PM

Yes, we need roads, we need fire fighters and some of that stuff. However, it should all be financed privately.

So you propose making the 'gap' between the haves and the have-nots into a wall. No ambulance is coming to help you...because you are poor. Your house is burning to the ground...because you're poor. Your children will be doomed to a life of abject squalor because you are so busy scraping and stealing to feed them that you have no time to educate them, that is, if they don't die of pertussis or rubella, because there is no vaccination program or standards without taxes.

ok I'm not totally behind Corner his idea to privately finance everything, would be a little bit a big hassle, if everybody needs to maintain his own little piece of road before his house and I think it would be nice to get it in concrete and my neigbour thinks dirt is much better and his neighbour would like to use bricks, nah nice roads we would have.

Taxes are necessary, but I should have the choice where my money goes to, at this point my money goes to things like various beliefs I don't support, people who don't want to work (I don't care to give you like 3 months wage if you are unemployed but don't tell me you can't find a job within 15years), etc. and the things I find important like science and good roads, just don't get enough funds. So yeah at the moment I drive over the border Holland-Belgium and remember the roads I've driven and the thing my car bumps over at that moment I got a little bit the feeling I was robbed. I give away 50% of my wage for good roads and what do I get? An unemployed driving the same car as me flashing his lights because he got to be in time at the moskee, church,... whatever meetingplace comes into your mind to tell each other fairytales. No, at the moment I fill in my tax form I want to choose where the money will be used for. Everybody can just fill in where the money goes to and those funds should be used for what you filled in. If you want to give it to the firedepartment so it will be, if I want to give it to medical healthcare so it will be, that's in my opinion the only way you can get a fair taxsystem.

You could even go further and let the people vote on witch company can do the job, witch building constructor to choose, witch hospitals, witch firedepartments, and so on
But some people saying, here with your money and we will take care of it, is not the way to do it imho.

You do have a say where your taxes go, and who gets awarded those lucrative contracts...ever been to a city council meeting? I assume that a progressive European society has some equivalent...

Letting people 'choose where their money is spent' is ridiculous. Half of the world is of average or below-average intelligence. You trust them to invest in more than short sited thrill seeking? I hope you like your waterparks...your utopia will be filled with them.
Actually, no we don't have city council meetings or some equivalent over here Wink

And the choice if your money goes to believe or not is actually something a lot of people want here and is only a matter of time before we will get that 1 choice on our taxform. I don't see why more options would form a problem, and I think you are smart enough to understand that waterparks don't need to be on the list of choices. But hey on the other hand, a country that looks like one big giant waterpark should drive lots of tourists bringing in lots of money don't you think  Cheesy Wink

No, I still believe in choices and I think most people are smart enough to make the right decision if you give them the right choices or at least the majority of people. Most people in the world also think that a country without a government for 1 year and 1 month would fall into total anarchy, plundering, murdering, raping,a total financial crisis, etc *looks through the window* yep, my car is still there with the gps and radio still in it and it still has 4 rims to stand on. Everything just goes like it always did, economical it doesn't really hurt us, roads are as bad as they used to be and crimes are the same like they always where and everybody just does his job like he always did. Some foreign investors are a little bit worried but looks like they are not that worried to not invest or run away like hell. So yes I have enough faith in the people here that they also can make the right choices, could it work everywhere and immediately? No, Rome wasn't build in a day and a taxsystem like this needs to be worked out step by step. People got to get used to it, and one choice at a time.

And yes I am a dreamer, and some things I think may seem totally irrational, but without dreamers a lot of good inventions/ideas wouldn't exist.

I agree with you. In terms of the absence of governments I just say good riddance. We don't need them and if we do, there's a workaround which spells cryptocurrencies. You're not just a dreamer, you've seen the broader picture.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:13:41 PM

Most people in the world also think that a country without a government for 1 year and 1 month would fall into total anarchy, plundering, murdering, raping,a total financial crisis, etc *looks through the window* yep, my car is still there with the gps and radio still in it and it still has 4 rims to stand on. Everything just goes like it always did, economical it doesn't really hurt us, roads are as bad as they used to be and crimes are the same like they always where and everybody just does his job like he always did. Some foreign investors are a little bit worried but looks like they are not that worried to not invest or run away like hell. So yes I have enough faith in the people here that they also can make the right choices, could it work everywhere and immediately? No, Rome wasn't build in a day and a taxsystem like this needs to be worked out step by step. People got to get used to it, and one choice at a time.

And yes I am a dreamer, and some things I think may seem totally irrational, but without dreamers a lot of good inventions/ideas wouldn't exist.

I am only going to bring up one counterpoint: Somalia. True lack of government does, in fact, lead to chaos. You are comparing a western 'shutdown' of non-essential services to true pandemonium.

The problem with Somalia is not the absence of a government but the absence of a well developed private sector.
stillmatic07

Activity: 5

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 04:38:34 PM

What a derail this has turned out to be. We went from jobs paying in bitcoins, to shiny tanks and Somalia.  Cheesy
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 07:36:41 PM

What a derail this has turned out to be. We went from jobs paying in bitcoins, to shiny tanks and Somalia.  Cheesy

Ha : ) Yeah. I should try to smoothly get back to the original topic. Anyone out there need admin/hr/b2b sales/project management services?
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 09:30:36 PM

The problem with Somalia is not the absence of a government but the absence of a well developed private sector.

Huh? The 'private sector' controls over 90% of the country...the government only holds a small portion of the capital.

I think you should start a new thread for your employment. Too much anti-tax/anti-government here...tends to scare off legitimate businessmen. And for the second time on this forum, I'm sorry I had a fight in the middle of your Black Panther party.
Corner (OP)

View Profile
July 12, 2011, 01:06:26 PM
Last edit: July 12, 2011, 04:19:22 PM by Corner

Huh? The 'private sector' controls over 90% of the country...the government only holds a small portion of the capital.

I think you should start a new thread for your employment. Too much anti-tax/anti-government here...tends to scare off legitimate businessmen. And for the second time on this forum, I'm sorry I had a fight in the middle of your Black Panther party.

Apology accepted. Insults provoke, provocations cause repercussions and so on ad infinitum, ad nauseum so flaming online is rarely a good idea.

What I meant is there's no business sector in Somalia. There are no shopping malls, no internet cafés, no supermarkets, no car sales companies, no restaurants, no plumbers, no mining companies, no chimney sweepers, no helicopter rental firms, nothing at all. There are millions of poor and unemployed people, is all. That's the real problem, not the absence of a government.

I am not a black panther party member and I may not be who you think I am. I am not a long haired hippy type, I'm not a rebel and I'm not an outsider. I am in fact a business man with contacts in high places and I endorse this bitcoin thing fully. And so should you. A surprisingly high number of CEO's resent the idea of the national state.
asdf

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 12:04:49 AM

I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this.

One idea off the top of my head: Second hacking of Mt. Gox causes massive loss of confidence in Bitcoin, general sell-off. Last few holdouts cling to currency in belief it will recover, but essentially lose their investment. Becomes a curious footnote in history along with Virtual Boy.

Another: Take-up by retailers too slow, people get fed up holding on to their Bitcoins waiting for them to be more valuable, mass sell-off.

A third: Fundamental weakness found in entropic source used for RSA key generation in the default client, private keys turn out to be discoverable in useful time, entire system crumbles.

I can probably come up with more.

A lapse in confidence won't stop bitcoin; It's not a fad, it's a new paradigm. Your argument would be comparable to saying that the automobile would never take off because there was some bad press about the Ford Model T being involved in an accident raising safety concerns.

It's value may go down to $1, but it will go back up again for the same reason it's at $15 now; it's a valuable tool which frees us from a parasitic system and people desperately want to be free. This is the fundamental driver and it hasn't gone away. If all that was driving bitcoin up until now was a "spike in confidence" then sure, it would be as useless as Virtual Boy.

You're treating bitcoin as if it was a fad, it's much more than that. I think that Corner intuitively understands this when he says "I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this.", but could articulate it.

If there was such a weakness in RSA, we would have bigger problems. Sure, if RSA was compromised or the internet was destroyed or there was a new world war then yeah, bitcoin would have trouble.
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 12:43:52 AM

I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this.

One idea off the top of my head: Second hacking of Mt. Gox causes massive loss of confidence in Bitcoin, general sell-off. Last few holdouts cling to currency in belief it will recover, but essentially lose their investment. Becomes a curious footnote in history along with Virtual Boy.

Another: Take-up by retailers too slow, people get fed up holding on to their Bitcoins waiting for them to be more valuable, mass sell-off.

A third: Fundamental weakness found in entropic source used for RSA key generation in the default client, private keys turn out to be discoverable in useful time, entire system crumbles.

I can probably come up with more.

A lapse in confidence won't stop bitcoin; It's not a fad, it's a new paradigm. Your argument would be comparable to saying that the automobile would never take off because there was some bad press about the Ford Model T being involved in an accident raising safety concerns.

It's value may go down to $1, but it will go back up again for the same reason it's at $15 now; it's a valuable tool which frees us from a parasitic system and people desperately want to be free. This is the fundamental driver and it hasn't gone away. If all that was driving bitcoin up until now was a "spike in confidence" then sure, it would be as useless as Virtual Boy.

You're treating bitcoin as if it was a fad, it's much more than that. I think that Corner intuitively understands this when he says "I cannot see how anyone is going to be able to stop this.", but could articulate it.

If there was such a weakness in RSA, we would have bigger problems. Sure, if RSA was compromised or the internet was destroyed or there was a new world war then yeah, bitcoin would have trouble.

Are you the guy running around and talking about virtual boy everywhere? Cause I'm just saying, Mario Tennis was bomb...
rnicoll

Activity: 199
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 14, 2011, 07:55:47 PM

I hadn't meant a weakness in RSA, but in the implementation of RSA. The most obvious one being a weakness in the random number generator (entropy source), for example http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2008-0166

Dogecoin Core developer, ex-researcher, trader.

Unless stated otherwise, opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect that of other Dogecoin developers.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: