Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:26:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The most profitable altcoin to mine on CPU  (Read 573 times)
zorro_tolerant (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:18:03 PM

What is the most profitable altcoin to mine on CPU considering:
1. Current difficulty
2. Price
3. Comunity and R&D team
4. Potential for growth in the future
?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:58:19 PM

Please use the search function, there are literally tons of threads on this topic.
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:56:41 PM

Most coins with cryptonight or cryptonight-lite will work ok, Monero, DigitalNote, Bytecoin and Aeon being the most popular. With CPU mining is not actually possible to make a daily profit, but if you still want to mine something, see what will bring you the most coins for you and has some chance of price increases so you can profit from it over time.
My advice, just skip it, the wear of the system is not worth the potential profit.
Subal_Damudar

Activity: 90
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:29:17 PM

Please use the search function, there are literally tons of threads on this topic.

Why not be a peach and do the search for him and post the links to any useful thread discussion here?
I understand you complain about shit post, but you is shitposting anyway with that reply.

To the Main Poster (MaPo) : I think you should avoid cpu mining altogether and go gpu mining.
Even if you have free electricity / free computer / no life .. or whatever the case may be, you would be better off mining with your gpu than cpu.

nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:36:43 PM

Lots of bad/incorrect advice in this thread, well except the suggestion to use the search function.  That was spot on.  Yes you can make a profit CPU mining.  What some of these posters obviously don't understand is that while your GPUs are mining, your CPU is sitting idle, and it could be mining enough to pay your electricity bill every month.  You can also buy an old HP server for $500 on ebay and make $100+ a month mining with the CPUs.  Anyway, to answer your question, the 2 most profitable CPU coins right now are ETN and ITNS
VegasJeff

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:47:34 PM

Yeah, the CPU may be running idle, but when it is running at 100% usage, the CPU is certainly using more electricity. Will the gain in CPU mining offset that additional cost?

I haven't done the math yet, but I am currently CPU mining IntenseCoin.
Tidsdilatation

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 05:00:55 PM

must be electroneum right now, but its not profitable, but its the most profitable  Grin CPU mining is a gamble, one has to hope for the coin to move up alot in price to get bang for the electricity used. its kinda not worth it.
Juggar

Activity: 242
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:08:44 PM

Most coins with cryptonight or cryptonight-lite will work ok, Monero, DigitalNote, Bytecoin and Aeon being the most popular. With CPU mining is not actually possible to make a daily profit, but if you still want to mine something, see what will bring you the most coins for you and has some chance of price increases so you can profit from it over time.
My advice, just skip it, the wear of the system is not worth the potential profit.

You might as well stop posting, there absolutely ARE cpus that can mine and make a nice profit....

For most CPU's its not worth it but some like Ryzen are feasible.
cpmcgrat

Activity: 223
Merit: 21

DCAB

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:19:58 PM

Cryptonight coins are doing pretty well off CPUs atm. The best comparison site I've found so far is here http://minecryptonight.net/

Member, Dero Community Advisory Board (DCAB)
dhouse

Activity: 266
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:37:55 PM

try bitcoin solo mining. who knows, maybe you'll find a block and get 12.5 bitcoin. feeling lucky??
xxcsu

Activity: 1498
Merit: 597

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:32:18 PM

Yeah, the CPU may be running idle, but when it is running at 100% usage, the CPU is certainly using more electricity. Will the gain in CPU mining offset that additional cost?

I haven't done the math yet, but I am currently CPU mining IntenseCoin.

My earlier topic can give you guys some idea about power usage/real earning potencial with CPU , mining ETN
My ETN mining experience with CPU

Learn about Merit & new rank requirements , Learn how to use MERIT , make this community better
If you like the answer you got for your question from any member ,
If you find any post useful , informative use the +Merit button.
Alydora

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:44:23 PM

Gotta do more than just cpu mining(i'm assuming you mean just one). However Cpu+Gpu mining on your rig can be somewhat profitable these days depending on the coin.
greyday

Activity: 434
Merit: 52

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:57:52 AM

Why not be a peach and do the search for him and post the links to any useful thread discussion here?
I understand you complain about shit post, but you is shitposting anyway with that reply.

Sure. Hey, why don't I do his mining for him as well? It's not like it takes much to do a search, that's what it's there for. Wink
Subal_Damudar

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:13:20 AM

Sure. Hey, why don't I do his mining for him as well? It's not like it takes much to do a search, that's what it's there for. Wink

Yes I agree, very easy to search. But very hard to find useful links to old GOOD discussions. Proof = If it were that easy you would have posted the links already. Stop being a machher jhol!

Everyone knows the search on this forum is fish poop. With everyone asking the same questions dozens of times and sig farmers buffing up the posts with rumble mumble shcakttlebut things; its not easy or efficient to go searching for old topics.

And plisss do not compare mining with searching. Searching here is harder than solving mining block. And pays nothing. Oh apart from the insurmountable shit knowledge someone might gain.
CascadiaCC

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:16:10 AM

Yes I agree, very easy to search. But very hard to find useful links to old GOOD discussions. Proof = If it were that easy you would have posted the links already. Stop being a machher jhol!

Everyone knows the search on this forum is fish poop. With everyone asking the same questions dozens of times and sig farmers buffing up the posts with rumble mumble shcakttlebut things; its not easy or efficient to go searching for old topics.

And plisss do not compare mining with searching. Searching here is harder than solving mining block. And pays nothing. Oh apart from the insurmountable shit knowledge someone might gain.

Nexus (NXS).

Most people here won't tell you about it but it's very profitable at the moment.
Papanister

Activity: 231
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 11:17:54 AM

I think - most profitable coins - monero (XMR) and Electroneum (ETN).
But you need to first think about whether it's worth it to mine on your CPU. For example, I tried to mine on a macbook pro through a minergate and tell you, I just felt sorry for my laptop. Do not do nonsense

●  ❱❱  2themoon.space | Toлькo aктyaльныe нoвocти  ❱❱  ●
Oбзopы ICO. Cигнaлы. Блoкчeйн.
jillscarbrough

Activity: 588
Merit: 335

Steady State Finance

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:51:02 AM

You mean by mining the CPU using GPU?. If not using GPU better don't use CPU. because the CPU has a much different performance when compared to using GPU.

The thing to know from mining using a CPU is a CPU will be damaged, less profit. and the resulting hashrate is very small. not to mention the minimum PO limit set by the pool. Mining using the CPU only spends time and electric.
Subal_Damudar

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:32:42 PM

Nexus (NXS).

Most people here won't tell you about it but it's very profitable at the moment.

That's because NXS swings more than Halle Berry's bust size. Not saying it's absolute shit, but it's close to shit. Maybe it'll have a better future. Who knows?

Right now, I am directing my mines to mine some Sumocoins. Its equally shit but I get good returns for now. Also trying to get into Bitcoin diamond.. the one that is also swinging hard on Binance.
greentekel

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:54:41 PM

I would go with cryptonight mostly, a Ryzen 1800x has the exact hashrate of a gtx 1070 (both stock) which is pretty good considering is drawing less wattage.
Psychobitch

Activity: 24
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 04:59:18 AM

1070 is trash compared to vega ? Roll Eyes . just because a GPU has the higher speed doesn't mean its the most efficient, unless of course you are somehow exploiting ways to get free electricity or basically stealing electricity, because there is really no such thing as free electricity. And a vega cost more or double the price of a 1070. you can almost get 2 1070 for the price of a vega.  

CPU + GPU mining at the same time has the same wear and tear effects on your hardware, as both needs to be powered up to run. Saying that it is okay to mine with your GPU and not your CPU as it will damage your CPU is just bs if you ask me. It's like saying it is okay to f up your lungs by smoking but not okay to f up your liver by drinking. And for some miners, their GPU cost more then their CPU.

The only difference if you mine with your CPU is electricity cost. The real question you should ask yourself is the CPU mining profit enough to cover the cost of your electricity ? If it is not then your basically diluting your profits earned from your GPU mining. Unless there is a certain coin which you feel has a potential to increase in price then by all means mine away.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: