Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 05:58:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why are people so skeptical?  (Read 217 times)
LemmingTom (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 08:36:03 PM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 09:12:42 AM by LemmingTom

I was talking with my friend about technologies the other day and showed him a couple of videos. Videos were about neurocontrol and AI in robotics. He said it's a joke. Then I showed that to my other friends and they said it's all fake  Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cMsAys1ZZU&t=0s
I also showed them interview with Sophia robot. NO ONE BELIEVED ME. They said that robots cannot think and that the video is staged using some computer graphics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5t6K9iwcdw
Lol. I'm kinda confused now.
Do you believe that such things possible, right? I think today's technologies can allow us to do that easily. Well, they also say that Bitcoin is a ponzi.
Why are people so skeptical?
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:46:51 AM

That's the way we are. People are conservative. They are afraid to change, it's easier to leave everything as is than to evolve. To reassure you, the internet was looked down at first as well. Just give it a little more time and people will have to change their minds about these things. This is inevitable.
DHORBUNOV

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:59:41 AM

Perhaps because people don't trust others? On the one hand, of course and correctly. But on the other hand, the world becomes boring and sad.
rambi91

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:10:44 PM

I was talking with my friend about technologies the other day and showed him a couple of videos. Videos were about neurocontrol and AI in robotics. He said it's a joke. Then I showed that to my other friends and they said it's all fake  Grin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cMsAys1ZZU&t=0s
I also showed them interview with Sophia robot. NO ONE BELIEVED ME. They said that robots cannot think and that the video is staged using some computer graphics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5t6K9iwcdw
Lol. I'm kinda confused now.
Do you believe that such things possible, right? I think today's technologies can allow us to do that easily. Well, they also say that Bitcoin is a ponzi.
Why are people so skeptical?

People are fed to believe that life can fit under one roof and that you pay a monthly salary to keep that roof over your head, pay your taxes and invest this gift of life you have been given to play a cog in societies mechanical greed machine. This lie no doubt plays a crucial hindrance on your ability to believe and leaves people feeling skeptical. People are fed lies from day one and soon discover that in fact it is easier to live the lie they have been fed then to question what it is that has them shackled down and tied to their responsibilities that in fact does them no good. To many people are being punished for not accepting this notion of reality and living a truthful and honest life, which can all act as a symbol of restriction on many levels, not only the lack of belief in whats possible but a lack of belief and understanding of there true selves and all that is being produced around them. Even if its fact, they'll lie and disagree because unfortunately no self righteous being wants to admit they're not in control and that they've been played for most of their life, were completely aware but chose to silence the truth.
Chuksbrownj

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:20:08 PM

Its part of human nature, people believe whatever appeals to them
Hubbanedy87

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:21:59 PM

It's our nature to avoid things we don't understand. It takes a lot of effort and sometimes even determination just to learn something new...
jaac

Activity: 183
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:31:31 PM

Because you can't trust a stranger
Lamium_dot_io

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:35:47 PM

A healthy dose of scepticism is an essential trait for anyone nowadays, It is being nurtured by the ever-so-growing ocean of information that people need to navigate somehow. Scepticism is a tool that should be used in order to not get lost in that ocean. Don't use it at all and you will get lost, overuse it and it will get you nowhere. Moderation is the key.

Just remember that the type of people you describe are the ones that regret not investing in the coins the most  Wink
joms07

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:58:34 AM

negative people The biggest thing that I've learned is that people that are pessimistic and skeptical are really just afraid.
vendorLazy

Activity: 121

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 11:14:39 AM

People are sceptical because there are too much fake things in our life and we meet them everyday. That makes us sceptical cus we are ready for a trap from the very start.
Emil_des

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:08:52 PM

cause people need evidence/result to believe
Yadou17

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:22:26 PM

Not all people are so attuned. There are those who, and vice versa. It all depends on the person, usually skeptical people who have something wrong happened.
Curaleo

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 01:26:14 PM

Because:
1) There is to much fakes in internet.
2) Your channels doesnt inspire trust.
3) It is to early for this, really. All of this in stage of prepre-alpha versions with tons of bugs and bad work\concepts at all.
mashutka

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:11:29 PM

How old are friends?  Smiley Usually, adults don't trust all those technologies. They weren't born when such things were in development so it seems alien to them
LemmingTom (OP)

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:32:18 PM

How old are friends?  Smiley Usually, adults don't trust all those technologies. They weren't born when such things were in development so it seems alien to them

Not as old as you might think  Cool
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 01:41:40 PM

People generally suck at anticipating the future, because they never really leave their comfort zones far enough to get a grasp of what is and could be.
fabioganga

Activity: 478
Merit: 113

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 02:08:36 PM

People are in general very skeptical because this world is getting more and more greedy and selfish. Because of this greed, more and more people nowadays are willing to do ANYTHING to con others.

This, in turn, generates a climate of skepticism and mistrust.
SaiWAFU

Activity: 193
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 02:39:16 PM

Highly cognitive people tend to look for science behind it first before believing in it. It's natural especially with all the technology today were most of the things we experience can be easily be fabricated such as videos or photos.
Wilson Morris

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:46:45 PM

I was at the exhibition of new technologies on Skolkovo (Moscow, Russia) a same time ago and saw it in life Smiley It possible and really works!
cryptoglam

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 05:55:28 PM

Because when people aren't, life likes to show otherwise.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: