Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:18:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem with 5xAMD and 1xNVidia cards running on 1 rig  (Read 92 times)
StoneFist (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 11:35:44 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2018, 11:58:22 PM by StoneFist

Hi all

So I have a little of a bother - I've been mining ok for last few weeks with 5 RX cards (4xRX580 and 1xRX480) all running ok. Today I got myself a GTX 1070 and now I have problem - got all drivers installed. System sees GTX ok, when I get all 6 cards pluged I can see them in devide manager but AfterBurner 4.4.2 doesn't alows me anymore to OC any of RX cards. I can tune GTX but all settings on AMD cards are greyed out and I can't change anything. I've noticed that it shows me driver version for GTX but not for AMD. And now funny thing - as soon as I unplug 2 AMD cards then AB sees all 4 cards and I can OC both GTX and RX. Can You suggest some solution?

Many thanks Stone

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Cyper_BLC

Activity: 490
Merit: 270

Reverse Engineer

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:43:38 AM

Hi all

So I have a little of a bother - I've been mining ok for last few weeks with 5 RX cards (4xRX580 and 1xRX480) all running ok. Today I got myself a GTX 1070 and now I have problem - got all drivers installed. System sees GTX ok, when I get all 6 cards pluged I can see them in devide manager but AfterBurner 4.4.2 doesn't alows me anymore to OC any of RX cards. I can tune GTX but all settings on AMD cards are greyed out and I can't change anything. I've noticed that it shows me driver version for GTX but not for AMD. And now funny thing - as soon as I unplug 2 AMD cards then AB sees all 4 cards and I can OC both GTX and RX. Can You suggest some solution?

Many thanks Stone

major reason is non blockchain AMD drivers want to see plugged some screen(monitor) on their gpu's. this is mixed gpu rig problem.
if you had this problem you have 2 solution:

-install latest AMD blockchain driver+ latest msi afterburner (4.4.2 or 4beta16) : this works without dummyplug or monitor
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-Blockchain-Compute-Release-Notes.aspx

-just plug a dummy monitor to at least 1 amd gpu, and nvidia gpu too. (you must to plug 2 monitors)

you will see instantly enable your oc screen ..
hail from Turkiye Wink

For donations : 1CYPERv5yZ4c9FRzPyCz5u8vhttyKmVkto
Emeğe Saygı Göstermeyenler, BECERIKSIZ kişilerdir.
StoneFist (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:56:37 AM

Hi all

Many thanks Stone

major reason is non blockchain AMD drivers want to see plugged some screen(monitor) on their gpu's. this is mixed gpu rig problem.

-install latest AMD blockchain driver+ latest msi afterburner (4.4.2 or 4beta16) : this works without dummyplug or monitor
pute-Release-Notes.aspx]http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx

-just plug a dummy monitor to at least 1 amd gpu, and nvidia gpu too. (you must to plug 2 monitors)

hail from Turkiye Wink

Hi Cyper_BLC,

Thanks for quick answer. So I'll have to look for this dummyplug then :/ now I have monitor pluged in to one of the RX580 (PCIE1). So what You're saying I'll have to plug something into GTX now or into another RX? I had this Blockchain driver installed 2 days ago but I was getting a little bit less Mh/s on each card - so went back to Crimson 17.11.4
Cyper_BLC

Activity: 490
Merit: 270

Reverse Engineer

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:30:06 PM

Hi all

Many thanks Stone

pute-Release-Notes.aspx]http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/Radeon-Software-Crimson-ReLive-Edition-Beta-for-[Suspicious link removed]pute-Release-Notes.aspx

hail from Turkiye Wink

Hi Cyper_BLC,

Thanks for quick answer. So I'll have to look for this dummyplug then :/ now I have monitor pluged in to one of the RX580 (PCIE1). So what You're saying I'll have to plug something into GTX now or into another RX? I had this Blockchain driver installed 2 days ago but I was getting a little bit less Mh/s on each card - so went back to Crimson 17.11.4

not necessery to plug  a monitor to another amd gpu, just 1 dummy or monitor fine for amd driver. if you can adjust nvidia's on afterburner then you dont need any plug for them.
my personal advice, dont change your driver if your installed driver is blockchain, amd blockchain driver is fine for mining. because of dag epoc number.

For donations : 1CYPERv5yZ4c9FRzPyCz5u8vhttyKmVkto
Emeğe Saygı Göstermeyenler, BECERIKSIZ kişilerdir.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: