Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:04:32 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If war happens. Bitcoin will produce what effect?  (Read 152 times)
rzluetlhch (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:11:26 AM

Unlike other currencies, the guarantee of bitcoin is that of people who own bitcoin. What happens to bitcoin in the event of a war?

kqyyzmlc

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:14:52 AM

Unlike other currencies, the guarantee of bitcoin is that of people who own bitcoin. What happens to bitcoin in the event of a war?
This idea is very bold, I think it is more and more expensive, or is not worth it. Because of the possibilities of the war too much, maybe you need a bread, maybe you can use bitcoin to change a bread. Hard to say.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:50:10 AM

It depends on the scope of the war, if the war is a local one then bitcoin as a whole is not going to be affected since bitcoin is a global currency, however if the war is global and governments begin to use all their weapons things can get ugly and the world as we know will change, so it is possible you will not have any use for your bitcoin.
ss890

Activity: 644
Merit: 263

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 03:56:00 AM

When we say war, then it could be small or as big as world war. In the broad sense every country is powerful in terms of their military division and they all can make big destructions.

So, if that happens then first thing that will be attacked is internet, I believe internet will be long gone because every country knows their stuff works on that thing and to make them weak everyone will attack the internet stations, anything that links the military with distant communication.

I am sure common people like you and me will have no other way to survive but just get into war or may be stay in the basement so that no bomb hits us! Im sure bitcoin won't help us at all in this regard.

We will never know until what time the war will stay it could be months to deadly years!! Bitcoin is digital, there won't be any miners, there won't be any way to confirm it, work with it in that situation. So may be it will go down.
veemon34

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:09:12 AM

in my opinion if war happens some country will use bitcoin to buy a guns or something to help them victory Huh
Dapper

Activity: 560
Merit: 260

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:10:59 AM

Refugees, and that includes those who have to flee with whatever they can carry as well as middle class refugees can much more easily move their 'wealth' from point A to point B without having to worry about getting robbed along the way.     Imagine if the Jews fleeing Germany during WWII or the Vietnamese fleeing Vietnam before and after the fall of Saigon could simply survive the journey, convert their wealth back to fiat, gold, or property with a few keystrokes and simply get their lives restarted within a few weeks or months.      

sent from my X6
xiaowu55

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:44:47 AM

If war happened, they will attack each other to the Internet, at that time, the Internet will disappear, so the currency at that time may become worthless, could just use a piece of bread in a lot of COINS
jbkg111816

Activity: 62
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:46:05 AM

I think the price of bitcoin will rise if war does really happens during that time because the demand of bitcoin will be really hard.

Eroiy.io   |   PRE-ICO  [ Jan 30th - Feb 28th ]
████   Buy Tokens with 10% BONUS   ████ (http://eroiy.io)
friendlychap

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:47:39 AM

Very interesting idea, to be honest with you i'm sure it will have a huge ffect into bitcoin however I couldn't tell what effect... A war at this times could have such a devastating potential that not even bitcoin will have importance, or it could be a mean for escape for billions...
luigidosado

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:48:55 AM

Bitcoin will play a big role for some countries. Bitcoin will be one of the best medium of transaction for them. Bitcoin protect their identity and has a very easy and fast way of transacting from different parts of the world. Though we are sure that time that bitcoins price will go down a little bit because the market will not be stable during war.

A Feeder

Activity: 392
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:58:43 AM

It depends if the USA is affected by the war. Local wars will not affect bitcoin that much because it already exists globally. Furthermore, as the world experiences wars and conflicts, the technology takes full steps in improvement and it will most likely result the innovation of cryptocurrencies.
shezu007

Activity: 336
Merit: 121

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:00:35 AM

War is very dangerous for all the world and it have a great bad affect on included countries and also their near countries. Just like that BTC will also affect if war happen because as war happen then people will start transacting their BTC because need of currency will be increased. So due to which demand of BTC will be decreased and price will be start falling.
Generalbablita

Activity: 42

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:02:59 AM

Unless it's some kind of Nuclear war where devastation of the entire planet is evident. I don't think it will affect bitcoin and the internet too much.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: