Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 04:41:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the depth of market in bitcoin trading?  (Read 88 times)
kqyyzmlc (OP)

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:23:06 AM

My understanding of this term is not very clear. Who can briefly say? I will thank you
triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:00:06 AM

$221,489,629,551 is the total market cap at a price of $13,179.70 and  a circulating supply of 16,805,362 BTC. Source:  https://coinmarketcap.com/. Hope this will help with what the depth of bitcoin market is ?
dashchain

Activity: 108
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:21:00 AM

Market depth refers to the ability of the market to withstand large fluctuations in the price of bitcoin while undergoing large transactions.
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1500

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:42:02 AM

I am not very clear on what you are referring from depth of the market, but what "triciaa478" said, is the general statistics of the market which you get from coinmarketcap website. What "dashchain" referred is what the definition of depth of market. Let me explain you my understanding about bitcoin market. Since we don't have a regulator in the market, the market shows the raw reflection of the investor's sentiment. Which is not the case of the normal stock market worldwide.

For example, if you are trading in USD price and if the price starts falling to any unexpected level, the federal reserve will step in to the market and will start buying USD in large chunks to create demand. This is a measure taken by the government to stop the falling price and to stabilize the price. But we don't have any such regulators in the bitcoin market so it can fluctuate from one level to another at a very short period of time. SO it is very much prone to "pump and dump" game and the market reacts almost instantly. So as per the financial definition of depth, bitcoin doesn't have a higher level of depth and hence it is very dynamic. That's what makes it the heaven for speculators. Hope this helps!

Metherry

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 03:38:13 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2020, 06:59:49 AM by Metherry

If you are talking about market cap, I can describe market cap as daily volumes with price.

you mean total number of market cap ? bitcoin have very different trading market with 0.5 B dollar.
bitcoin market is new and have very big chance to growth in future.
bitcoin market is open source and every one can know it.

As for the market as its use in criminal and other activities, no one can predict this, but all reports confirm the decline in the use of the dollar in dark activities.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: