Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:08:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which country to live? Looking for 3 things...  (Read 104 times)
cryptocash1 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:27:26 AM

1) A passionate cryptocurrency community
2) A decent amount of English speakers so I don't feel totally like a foreignor (more like a visitor is okay).
3) It has to be cheap - and I don't want to pay more than $500 for rent - America is one of the most expensive places on Earth to rent and I believe I'm getting ripped off.  I can get a whole apartment in a big city in Germany for under 500euro in the center of the city.  In America - I don't think that's even possible even in hickville (don't mean to be be rude, just using the word as a figure of speech).

BTW, I have dual Polish citizenship, so I actually am able to live in Europe as a full citizen.

Considerations:

Thailand - Cheap AF, even in the center of Bangkok - great weather, beautiful women, mostly friendly people, but afraid there is a weak crypto interest and not that many English speakers to a lesser extent.

Germany - The best offerings, cheap (compared to America), modern, socially connected, but I'm not sure if I'd fit in German culture (no offense, but I hear they're cold), plus it actually IS freezing there a lot.

Australia - Good weather, Nice people, Probably can find enough crypto interest in the right places?  But it's expensive, too, right?  Canada has got a lot going for it, but It's so cold and really expensive, too, I think?

WHat did I leave out in South America?

I purposefully left out China (I'd feel too much like a foreigner there even though I think the passion in the country for crypto is through the roof!), Japan (cold, expensive, language barriers), and S. Korea (I like a lot about it, but probably expensive, and the language barrier again.)

What about other countries? Give me your suggestions! And let's make this a useful discussion (so give reasons, not just blurting out a country or saying a country sucks, let's keep it classy).

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 3073

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:31:58 AM

3) It has to be cheap - and I don't want to pay more than $500 for rent - America is one of the most expensive places on Earth to rent and I believe I'm getting ripped off.

Maybe in the US and Canada, but Mexico is a very cheap place to live if you want to stay in the Americas.

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
cryptocash1 (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:44:34 AM

Mexico has got almost everything except I'm not sure if there is any crypto interest there, aside from a few small groups of literally dozens of people?
shaun98

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:30:52 AM

Have you thought about Estonia? Their country is pretty crypto friendly and from what I hear, most are able to converse in English. Not sure about the cost of living there though, but I'm sure it shouldn't be too high.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: