Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:06:58 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Avg. Transaction Fee historical chart  (Read 159 times)
Nvtinh08 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 05:14:50 AM

This site show transaction fee comparision for bitcoin and altcoin
https://bitinfocharts.com/comparison/bitcoin-transactionfees.html#3m
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:37:07 AM

Thanks for the link. Very useful while comparing with the other altcoins. Just cannot compare anything with btc to other as their is huge difference exists among btc with other altcoins. Just wondering now will btc still be used to transfer to other where the fees and time required is very high.
Nvtinh08 (OP)

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 05:54:08 AM

It's correct. I was wondered about bitcoin transaction fee when i tried to sent small amount of btc, so i search transation fee comparision between btc and altcoin.  I think btc will replaced by eth for transfering to others.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:51:37 AM

It's correct. I was wondered about bitcoin transaction fee when i tried to sent small amount of btc, so i search transation fee comparision between btc and altcoin.  I think btc will replaced by eth for transfering to others.

It's likely that this will happen but I've heard that ethereum has a few scaling issues. It's possible that with lightning network introduced into the game that Bitcoin will get back it's position.

It's interesting to see that the average fee spiked so much just around the same time there have been significant drops. It tells you about how many FUD investors there are and why they're relevant. Perhaps in the future these investors will start to flock more into Bitcoin, pushing the fees higher and starting a cycle over again. We can't tell for now.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
menggay16

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 09:44:34 PM

For me its not fare even though bitcoin has dropped considerably but is still too small for transactional fees like nothing has changed. And it will be very difficult especially for thouse who had a very small amount of funds and will be greatly reduced because there still no changes especially about in transaction fees that should also change substantially with the bitcoin`s huge price change.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 10:20:57 PM

For me its not fare even though bitcoin has dropped considerably but is still too small for transactional fees like nothing has changed. And it will be very difficult especially for thouse who had a very small amount of funds and will be greatly reduced because there still no changes especially about in transaction fees that should also change substantially with the bitcoin`s huge price change.
You can at least try to make use of SegWit when it comes to moving funds back and forth if you are looking for lower fees. SegWit transactions are lower in byte weight, which helps you and the network in a better way.

It's time for services to start working with SegWit based addresses, which will give people more incentive to do so too. If exchanges and wallet services start at first, the rest of the economy will follow for sure.

I will start to move all my funds tomorrow from legacy addresses to SegWit addresses in order to back up my words that SegWit is the way to move forward. The more people do so, the lower the fees will become.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: