Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:39:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Your worst injury?  (Read 2209 times)
Welsh (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:16:12 AM
Last edit: November 12, 2013, 11:46:34 AM by Welsh

So what is your worst injury? I myself haven't had many injuries, except:

Cracking my skull on a radiator, twice.
Breaking little finger.
Tearing ligaments in foot.

If you can give us some detail how you did it, that would be great Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
realestone
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 01:19:48 AM

well ive only had 1 injury i had surgery in march i had an inguinal hernia thats where the hernia sneaks down into your scrotum and i also i had a hydroceletomy  where a fluid filled sack is also in your scrotum so it had to be removed so they had to cut into my ballsack and under my belly my ballsack ballooned about 3 times its normal size so they had to cut skin away and sew it back to get it back normal and if havent grossed you out enough i'll keep going  Grin
xkeyscore89

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 17, 2013, 03:06:46 AM

broken ulna
Hfleer

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Changing avatars is currently not possible.

View Profile
August 18, 2013, 09:07:34 AM

So what is you're worst injury? I myself havn't had many injuries, except:

Cracking my skull on a radiator, twice.
Breaking little finger.
Tearing ligaments in foot.

If you can give us some detail how you did it, that would be great Wink

Head injuries are the worst.  I've had some when I was younger.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 10:49:26 AM

I nearly chopped off my toe once when I was doing woodcutting Cheesy
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2013, 09:55:38 PM

I broke my medulla oblongata.

It happened when reading the title of this thread.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:05:05 AM

Oh I have two I can share.

2004 - High Speed Wobble

I got caught in a nasty head wind while rideing a motorcycle.  Caused the bike to enter a high speed wobble at about 85MPH (The speed limit) after trying to power out and loseing control I drifted or wobbles into the median.  I ejected from the bike tumbleing down the highway. The bike actually vaulted three times in the air.  I ripped half my nose off. Fractured 8 bones in my hand.  Had lacerations everwher.  Broke my baby toe knocked several teeth out.  And road rash to boot.  The doctor I had said I was a rare case.  A full face helmet would have killed me.

2012 - I drove a concrete nail. A rather lrg one into my right foot.  Shattered 4 bones and went straight out the bottom.  It actually looked like QT's hand on from dusk til dawn. 

I healed great from both epic owies. Lifehappens
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 05:12:14 AM

Broken pinky toe.

I've always been a very cautious person even when i was a child. I've never been in a car accident, never had stitches, never had even a minor surgery.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
CoinsForTech

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

5% Bitcoin Discount - All Orders

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2013, 05:38:57 AM

Broken fingernail for me Grin

Actually it would be a sprained ankle or something similar. Luckily haven't broken any bones (yet)

Darktongue

Activity: 574

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 06:05:59 AM

Broken fingernail for me Grin

Actually it would be a sprained ankle or something similar. Luckily haven't broken any bones (yet)

Beautiful website btw
cadillac

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2013, 11:44:12 AM

Was riding double on a bike with a friend and flew off the handlebars and landed teeth first on the concrete 46 years ago.
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:42:52 PM

i've only broken a finger, or strained my ACL.. i guess i've been lucky.

a few weeks ago i saw a guy with his foot about the size of a boot.. he had infected hardware on his ankle, and was profusely bleeding everywhere.

Was riding double on a bike with a friend and flew off the handlebars and landed teeth first on the concrete 46 years ago.

i know a guy who was going 50 MPH downhill on his bike.. ended up breaking his clavicle, distal radius, humerus, and something else. cycling is a really risky sport.. maybe not as much as riding a motorcycle, but still.
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 09:55:59 PM

The only worst happened was dislocated my shoulder.
MaxBTC1

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 10:26:11 PM

KOd for half an hour playing rugby, some of the players had though I had died lol.

Its pretty scary waking up in a neck and back brace surrounded by paramedics not knowing what the fuck is going on.

Apart from that  I have broken my wrist, 3 fingers, and have over fifty stitches in my body - all from sport.
monbux
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1024

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2013, 10:32:58 PM

well ive only had 1 injury i had surgery in march i had an inguinal hernia thats where the hernia sneaks down into your scrotum and i also i had a hydroceletomy  where a fluid filled sack is also in your scrotum so it had to be removed so they had to cut into my ballsack and under my belly my ballsack ballooned about 3 times its normal size so they had to cut skin away and sew it back to get it back normal and if havent grossed you out enough i'll keep going  Grin

Too... Much... Info.

My worst injury?  A broken heart.
Physical one?  Uhh...  Stapled my own thumb they took it out with a knife.  Was really young too.
Ecurb123

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:37:03 PM

I was in my early 30s and I simply jumped to touch the ceiling, felt like a simple pulled muscle, ignored it for about a year until I could barley lift my arm, finally was diagnosed with frozen shoulder as a result of injuries and non movement for so long... lesson is, stretch before doing anything like that and don't wait a year to see the doctor.       
Kluge
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 10, 2013, 10:38:29 PM

well ive only had 1 injury i had surgery in march i had an inguinal hernia thats where the hernia sneaks down into your scrotum and i also i had a hydroceletomy  where a fluid filled sack is also in your scrotum so it had to be removed so they had to cut into my ballsack and under my belly my ballsack ballooned about 3 times its normal size so they had to cut skin away and sew it back to get it back normal and if havent grossed you out enough i'll keep going  Grin
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Shocked Worst fear outside of having a needle go into my eye while open. I swear I have a nightmare about that fucking needle going in every night. I've never had a severe injury. I stick to getting at least one significant infection in intestines or lungs per year, which I write off as building immunity. Long-term investment.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:15:05 AM

The first and last time I rode a motorcycle, I hit a car head-on doing about 50 mph. Just before impart, something told me to take the bike down. The bike went under the car, and I sailed across the hood into the windshield, off the windshield into a single split rail fence, snapping both ends off at each post, then rolled through the grass.

Received a bump on the head, nose bleed and minor bruises, but no broken bones or sprains. My buddy drove me to the hospital where after a scat scan they said I had a concussion and that I should go home but not sleep, of which I went home and slept. Perhaps, that's why I'm TMIBTCITW.

BTW, this happened in Muse Part in Jackson, TN, round about 1986.
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 11, 2013, 05:57:50 AM

well ive only had 1 injury i had surgery in march i had an inguinal hernia thats where the hernia sneaks down into your scrotum and i also i had a hydroceletomy  where a fluid filled sack is also in your scrotum so it had to be removed so they had to cut into my ballsack and under my belly my ballsack ballooned about 3 times its normal size so they had to cut skin away and sew it back to get it back normal and if havent grossed you out enough i'll keep going  Grin
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!  Shocked Worst fear outside of having a needle go into my eye while open. I swear I have a nightmare about that fucking needle going in every night. I've never had a severe injury. I stick to getting at least one significant infection in intestines or lungs per year, which I write off as building immunity. Long-term investment.
I agree. I hate thinking about that.
How much does that surgery even hurt?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
lepirate

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

Garbochock

View Profile
November 11, 2013, 09:02:44 AM

I broke a toe once. Nobody thought it was anything to care about, but I really couldn't use that foot for a week!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: