Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 06:06:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Ban products from countries that ban Bitcoin  (Read 117 times)
Litejavichu (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:56:25 AM

It's possible?
I make purchases of all the material in the company for which I work and I intend to remove my Indonesian supplier for another.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:59:29 AM

It's possible?
I make purchases of all the material in the company for which I work and I intend to remove my Indonesian supplier for another.

Are you trying to form some kind of boycotting because a certain supplier doesn't accept Bitcoin? I highly doubt that will ever become a reality. Remember that not even a majority of the world is using Bitcoin, and even if the majority was, the seller has no issue accepting any other form of currency as long as they have customers buying. Without buyers, it makes sense to ignore a certain type of currency, but all that matters to the seller is how easy it is to get it converted to whatever kind of currency the seller wants. Bitcoin may not be as easy to get converted to fiat, so the seller decided to not accept it. I don't see any issue in that, especially because he's running a business.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 07:02:26 AM

It's possible?

Hatred only begets more hatred. If we start boycotting countries or items and produce from those countries that have initially banned bitcoin. Then we are only breeding more animosity and more misunderstanding. What we should do is we can show some consideration and understanding to these cou tries and have them be educated to the possibilities that bitcoin can give

Haunebu

Activity: 3052
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:15:15 AM

It's possible?

Are you trying to form some kind of boycotting because a certain supplier doesn't accept Bitcoin? I highly doubt that will ever become a reality. Remember that not even a majority of the world is using Bitcoin, and even if the majority was, the seller has no issue accepting any other form of currency as long as they have customers buying. Without buyers, it makes sense to ignore a certain type of currency, but all that matters to the seller is how easy it is to get it converted to whatever kind of currency the seller wants. Bitcoin may not be as easy to get converted to fiat, so the seller decided to not accept it. I don't see any issue in that, especially because he's running a business.
Agree with you here. The op must have lost his mind to make such a statement. Such behavior would only tend to hurt bitcoin and the crypto world which is not something I actively encourage. The fact as you stated is that majority of the world does not even know much about bitcoin(Forget about using it). It is our job as crypto professionals to help crypto newbies understand how bitcoin and altcoins can serve as great alternatives to FIAT currencies in the modern world today. We need to advertise bitcoin more actively in countries around the world to help people realize the value of this amazing coin.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
BitNinja2017

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:18:51 AM

I agree too. Use Love to Combat Fear not Fear/anger/hate etc.
People will eventually see the benefits of it.

A lot of people are already loving the fact that you can transfer funds internationally to anyone in the world through crypto.
This is the most amazing thing ever. No banks. No need for exorbitant fees. No stress or worry wondering if the money has gone through yet.

Almost instantly with XRP, LTC, DASH, STELLAR.
jseverson

Activity: 1834
Merit: 759

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:29:28 AM

It's possible?

What you're doing is more accurately called a boycott, and it's completely possible because it's completely your prerogative. I doubt it could gain much traction, but hey, whatever works for you. I personally feel like that's a little bit extreme, as it's going to hurt local businesses who have nothing at all to do with their government's rulings.

On a sidenote, Indonesia did not ban Bitcoins. They banned using Bitcoins for transactions, which basically means you can't pay with it. You can hold it, you can trade it, and you can buy it. You simply cannot use it in place of their currency. You may want to keep your Indonesian supplier for now.

Litejavichu (OP)

Activity: 693
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:33:16 AM

It's possible?

What you're doing is more accurately called a boycott, and it's completely possible because it's completely your prerogative. I doubt it could gain much traction, but hey, whatever works for you. I personally feel like that's a little bit extreme, as it's going to hurt local businesses who have nothing at all to do with their government's rulings.

On a sidenote, Indonesia did not ban Bitcoins. They banned using Bitcoins for transactions, which basically means you can't pay with it. You can hold it, you can trade it, and you can buy it. You simply cannot use it in place of their currency. You may want to keep your Indonesian supplier for now.
It's possible?

I agree too. Use Love to Combat Fear not Fear/anger/hate etc.
People will eventually see the benefits of it.

A lot of people are already loving the fact that you can transfer funds internationally to anyone in the world through crypto.
This is the most amazing thing ever. No banks. No need for exorbitant fees. No stress or worry wondering if the money has gone through yet.

Almost instantly with XRP, LTC, DASH, STELLAR.

Wise words .... They have given me strong arguments to alleviate my obfuscation. Thanks mates Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: