Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:57:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New investor, could someone explain me what happen since a few days?  (Read 127 times)
Play0r (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:10:47 AM
Last edit: January 16, 2018, 07:41:16 AM by Play0r

Hello,

My Etherium profit went from 20% to 1%, Monero and EOS stay strong.

All the other coins designed to buy pokemon cards (XRP, XRB, TRX, IOTA) are in deep red.

What is generally happening? Is it a correction?

Should I sell the pokemon coins and put the money in the stronger one?

Thank you if you could help me.
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:22:48 AM

All the other coins designed to buy pokemon cards (XRP, XRB, TRX, IOTA) are in deep red.
these are not pokemon coins! why do you even think that?

it is a dump, when whales who started this manipulative pump exit to get their massive profits out, the market starts to crash like this. it is like a cycle. they start the manipulation, pump the altcoins, newbies join in, they take the profit and start selling, price drops, newbies panic, they start dumping, market crashes.
whales move to another altcoin, newbies follow, rinse and repeat.

you should always sell coins that are losing value preferably before the dump begins and move to those that are not pumped yet or are starting to get pumped.

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
Play0r (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:46:14 AM

these are not pokemon coins! why do you even think that?

it is a dump, when whales who started this manipulative pump exit to get their massive profits out, the market starts to crash like this. it is like a cycle. they start the manipulation, pump the altcoins, newbies join in, they take the profit and start selling, price drops, newbies panic, they start dumping, market crashes.
whales move to another altcoin, newbies follow, rinse and repeat.

you should always sell coins that are losing value preferably before the dump begins and move to those that are not pumped yet or are starting to get pumped.

Pokemon coins, as they have nice whitepaper and advertisements on reddit, twitter etc but so far they have no real use case Smiley XMR is privacy, strong coin. EOS have new idea and project, seems strong. BCH is used in online shopping (I also have some).

What should I do now that I am in deep red with those *pokemon* coins as the whales left.. should I hope they slowly grow or I'm p0wned?

Queen12

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:50:33 AM

I don't know why, the whole encryption currency markets began to fall, probably because of false news, South Korea, and perhaps it is because China intends to further regulation of news, anyway, my assets began to shrink the l

ORVIUM        Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain        ORVIUM
█    Whitepaper        Telegram        Twitter        Facebook        Reddit        Blog    █
▇▆▅▃▃▃▃▃▃   Token Generation Event: Coming Soon   ▃▃▃▃▃▃▅▆▇
yo_mama

Activity: 89
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 08:02:32 AM

It's the dump after pump, the effect of big institutional investors taking the profit and exiting, plus small individual investors panic selling.
If you have a look at the all-time price charts of those altcoins, you'll find they have the same pattern --- price stayed low and flat initially for months, then suddenly increased exponentially within weeks up to early January, and the crashed until now.
Shows perfect characteristic of pump-and-dump scam.

The correct action now should be avoiding those shitcoins, pick several coins with good potential and buy the dip. Then HODL and wait for the next pump -dump cycle, which may be after a few months.

You definitely want to avoid picking shitcoins! Just a warning that TRX is a true shitcoin, avoid it like plague!

Now I only feel regretful not converting my previous profit to BTC or Monero last week....
helin9108

Activity: 294
Merit: 101

ELYSIAN | Pre-TGE 5.21.2018 | TGE 6.04.2018

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 08:15:28 AM

Pumping and Dumping is the nature of the crypto market and I think if you are investing in any good altcoin for long term like 1-2 years or you holding good altcoins dont worry and you can enter in any good altcoin at curent level too.And if you are a short term investor you can invest in some good altcoins which are still under performing the market.So dont worry when pumping start and market goes up all your coin also will fly higher.So hold your good coins XRP, XRB, TRX, IOTA ti will also fly as this correction ends.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: