Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:25:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinPayments.net - Unbiased Unified Money Solution - Multi Payment Procesing  (Read 48518 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
pr0d1gy (OP)

Activity: 658
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 11, 2014, 06:07:31 PM

So what's the deal? I saw the notice about CoinPayments shutting down but the site is still live after the shutdown date? And there's talk of a new owner?

Is CoinPayments going away or not?

CoinPayments will continue, just under new management. All operations should remain normal, unless otherwise noted.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Jilixi

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:02:19 PM

Is there something wrong on your end with sending IPN's??? Nothing is sent succesfully???

Owner of BlackCoin Store - BlackCoin Store
BC: BNatbck1SDJebHRMQemkUEFPVZR9uLHLrM
BTC: 161EcdmbgmxpZMk2ssZCjGQqB6gypduu97
MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
April 11, 2014, 09:08:42 PM

Nope, it's working here. If you PM me a transaction ID I can resend an IPN and see what your server says.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
pr0d1gy (OP)

View Profile
April 12, 2014, 03:07:56 PM

Vote unlocks in an hour: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563787.new

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 01:49:06 AM

I'm glad to find out that this service will continue.
I remind you that you can advertise your service for free on the freicoin foundation's merchant list:

https://foundation.freicoin.org/#/trade

Please, register your service there. Some people ask for payment processors and it would be nice if they could directly find you there instead.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 10:43:19 AM

Orbitcoin (ORB) was supported by CoinPayments. Now it's not in the list. The support is silent. What's up?

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
pr0d1gy (OP)

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:20:22 PM

Orbitcoin (ORB) was supported by CoinPayments. Now it's not in the list. The support is silent. What's up?

Since the addition of the coin, way back months ago, it has received 0 transactions... Along with a few other coins that have been inactive for some time now. Nobody is using it to buy anything.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:52:59 PM

Since the addition of the coin, way back months ago, it has received 0 transactions... Along with a few other coins that have been inactive for some time now. Nobody is using it to buy anything.

When are you handing the site over to the new owner?
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 09:02:42 PM

We can't be sure, every time we set a date it comes and goes Smiley

Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 09:33:20 PM

Same thing with YACoin. I received an email with the same explanation. Thank you for the response.

I have a concern though. Considering votes can be bought, it seems a little unfair to accept a coin now with the possibility of removal if it doesn't meet some quota of transactions? When YAC was accepted, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a gift card service like there is now. I looked for things to buy, but I didn't find anything appealing.

I guess it is a chicken or an egg question--the merchants vs the coins... which I think would be more understandable if it didn't take BTC to get votes. I mean I believe you that 0 transactions were made with YAC. Is there a real cost to having a coin on there? What if it had only a couple transactions in a few month time frame? These would be good questions to know for the future at the very least I think.

YACoin is definitely alive. It has a working block explorer, website, up-to-date on every fundamental feature. It needs work in the enthusiasm department, which I'm optimistic about. Each NFactor change is like a new release of a coin. But it wouldn't hurt to have a payment system like coinpayments.

Any thoughts or clarification would be appreciated. I'm very thankful for coinpayments regardless. Cryptocoins are just speculative commodities without payment systems!

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 09:54:48 PM

Both coins were from before the donation votes, but they were online for many months before they were deactivated (ORB was actually one of our earliest listed coins.) Coins with even 2 or 3 transactions we still have active so they have a chance to grow. Each coin will get at least a few months before getting deactivated.

Each coin does have a cost in terms of CPU and RAM usage mainly; the coins are actually still there just not running since disk space is cheap. If a store owner wants to accept one of the deactivated coins and has a realistic chance of getting transactions we can turn it back on with a flick of a switch.

pr0d1gy (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 04:20:07 AM

Same thing with YACoin. I received an email with the same explanation. Thank you for the response.

I have a concern though. Considering votes can be bought, it seems a little unfair to accept a coin now with the possibility of removal if it doesn't meet some quota of transactions? When YAC was accepted, I'm pretty sure there wasn't a gift card service like there is now. I looked for things to buy, but I didn't find anything appealing.

I guess it is a chicken or an egg question--the merchants vs the coins... which I think would be more understandable if it didn't take BTC to get votes. I mean I believe you that 0 transactions were made with YAC. Is there a real cost to having a coin on there? What if it had only a couple transactions in a few month time frame? These would be good questions to know for the future at the very least I think.

YACoin is definitely alive. It has a working block explorer, website, up-to-date on every fundamental feature. It needs work in the enthusiasm department, which I'm optimistic about. Each NFactor change is like a new release of a coin. But it wouldn't hurt to have a payment system like coinpayments.

Any thoughts or clarification would be appreciated. I'm very thankful for coinpayments regardless. Cryptocoins are just speculative commodities without payment systems!

We try to give coins a very generous time to get some transactions, OBS and YAC were added long before any of our recent votes. Our removal of a coin does not mean we like or dislike the coin. If it can't pull some of its weight, we try to give new coins a trial run at it. Also we do not collect proceeds or fees on the votes, they all go to BitGive Water Fund.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 10:50:52 AM

The coin got PoW mining stuck in January, lost its founder in early March, was nearly abandoned and attacked recently. Now, it has just started to become popular again. Come on, Red Mist paid you to get listed at CoinPayments as he paid everyone to get things done. Give ORB a second chance.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:16:40 PM

We never got paid to list ORB. We use public votes, not bribes.

Beave162

Activity: 809
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 03:31:02 PM

We try to give coins a very generous time to get some transactions, OBS and YAC were added long before any of our recent votes. Our removal of a coin does not mean we like or dislike the coin. If it can't pull some of its weight, we try to give new coins a trial run at it. Also we do not collect proceeds or fees on the votes, they all go to BitGive Water Fund.

Don't misconstrue my point of view... at this point, I personally don't have an issue with using btc for votes, whether it goes to a charity or not. Like you said, YAC was voted on without BTC, so I feel can't really complain. But I would complain if it was voted on with BTC, and you decided to take it down without being transparent on the requirements to leave it up. I know YAC was an extreme case of 0 transactions, but it would be good to know in the future. I hope that makes sense.

On a side note, I think gift cards for crypto is awesome. Is there a chance CoinPayments could be used on gyft.com or egifter.com?

Thanks for all that you do.

YaCoin: YL5kf54wPPXKsXd5T18xCaNkyUsS1DgY7z 
BitCoin: 14PFbLyUdTyxZg3V8hnvj5VXkx3dhthmDj
ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 03:44:29 PM

ORB was one of 14 coins you selected for the public beta before any public votes started. I admit Red Mist has failed to deliver what he has promised, but the community is still there helping to make something good. Give it a couple more months and remove if it doesn't work out.

MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 04:26:09 PM

Don't misconstrue my point of view... at this point, I personally don't have an issue with using btc for votes, whether it goes to a charity or not. Like you said, YAC was voted on without BTC, so I feel can't really complain. But I would complain if it was voted on with BTC, and you decided to take it down without being transparent on the requirements to leave it up. I know YAC was an extreme case of 0 transactions, but it would be good to know in the future. I hope that makes sense.

On a side note, I think gift cards for crypto is awesome. Is there a chance CoinPayments could be used on gyft.com or egifter.com?

If they want to use CoinPayments they are more than welcome to Smiley
On new coins, we will give them at least 2 months. If they get even 1 or 2 transactions in that time we'll keep them on longer; we just want to use our resources to support coins that are being used and hopefully becoming even more popular.

ORB was one of 14 coins you selected for the public beta before any public votes started. I admit Red Mist has failed to deliver what he has promised, but the community is still there helping to make something good. Give it a couple more months and remove if it doesn't work out.

Yeah, that's right, we still didn't receive any payment for it though.
We'll turn it back on for another 2 months, but if it still isn't getting any transactions I don't want to hear any complaints if it gets turned off Smiley

ghostlander
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2014, 05:22:08 PM

Yeah, that's right, we still didn't receive any payment for it though.
We'll turn it back on for another 2 months, but if it still isn't getting any transactions I don't want to hear any complaints if it gets turned off Smiley

Fair enough, thanks.

pr0d1gy (OP)

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 06:59:55 PM

I have contacted gyft, but they said they are in a contract with bitpay... Which I understand, but only for btc, why not other coins? lol

As far as egifter. never knew they accepted btc. Maybe if enough people ask for us, who knows.

Set Escrow
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:19:44 PM

I have contacted gyft, but they said they are in a contract with bitpay... Which I understand, but only for btc, why not other coins? lol

As far as egifter. never knew they accepted btc. Maybe if enough people ask for us, who knows.

Its usually because one of the sides dont want alts. Bitpay probably only wants to deal in btc so egift doesnt want to hold the bag alone. Similar to my auction site I have seperate bid packages for only btc auctions becausethe vendors to those items being auctioned off will only take btc. I accept ltc too because it had a big orderbook but until the alts have sustainable depth no business will risk even more volaility already inherent with dealing in btc

For othe auctions i accept dvc which had low book depth but these are funded via devcoin monthly so there is no volatility issue here.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: