Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 03:13:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What makes you trust a crypto project?  (Read 373 times)
theystolemyID (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:19:17 AM

Is there something that makes you trust (or at least to take a leap of faith on) a project before the ICO stage (not a Pre-ICO for the big whales), before you can see the pics of a team and rush through few pages of the WhitePaper/brief or take a peek at the future RoadMap. Meaning would you do anything before you can see the value of the project/token/something else. No investments or heavy work, just spread the word and maybe leave your email for the team.

Would you trust a project if it was featured in an article on some site you trust or would the simple advertisement on the same trustworthy site work for you? Would you rather trust the project that promises fantastic turnout which in real life is pretty hard to execute (a Lamborghini Diablo or an iPhone XXX to every early adopter) or the one that might downplay its worth but might have a real effect on some of the problems you or the world face everyday? Would you trust a professionally looking website with lots of texts or graphical landings with easily comprehensible sequencing? etc. All in all what makes you tick regarding new and unknown projects (or rather if you would even participate in such a project before an ICO).

I guess it is more of a psychological question still it would be interesting to see the answers from the community as most of the projects/startups nowadays are linked with the ICO and crypro world.
limmousine

Activity: 546
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:17:17 AM

the first thing I do is look at the ideas and concepts of a project. after that just check the team, whitepaper, their roadmap and I always discuss with my community. if the found project is suitable and in accordance with the results of the research, then I will invest there.
rhenrhen

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:33:41 AM

First thing I do is to inspect the project as a whole. How? By digging into its website, whitepaper, roadmap and even the pictures of the developers (it matters a lot to me). Not by face though. Pictures can tell a lot. But this is not the main issue.
Dujeff3300

Activity: 29

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 12:42:32 PM

Due to widespread of scam We need to be careful in choosing a crypto project. Study and research is the best tools to identify the trustworthy crypto project. Read the whitepaper project and the vision of the project developer.
alex-nn

Activity: 462
Merit: 104

In Binance we trust!

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:15:42 PM

Team - if I know guys from the Team and beleive them - I trust their project

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
xXLimbXx

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:36:51 PM

I am looking into multiple things. First thing I do is that I check what exactly is the projects vision and if there is a real world usage of the actual product. Then I check the team behind the project and if there already is a MVP.
themaxx

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:51:08 PM

Non scammy/salesy wording.  Project solving a real world need that can only be done through crypto.

Binance Account - Get 10% discount on fees!
Don't you have a Binance account yet?
Register using this referral link and get a 10% discount on fees for all your trades!
canman

Activity: 479

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:58:16 PM

I will see white paper and roadmap. test team development. and see if the idea of the project is realistic and applicable to reality. And it is important to see if the community of the project is large. These are the things you need to believe in a project. And know what the project is scam.
Flickkk

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

Bounty Detective

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:04:17 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2018, 01:39:33 AM by Flickkk

some ICO has a great quality of website i can see they dedicated to the project .
and they got a good team.
that is why i trust some ico in their quality

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Telegram Channel|Twitter|Telegram Group|Youtube Channel
rkrams

Activity: 115

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:29:43 PM

The main criteria to evaluate a crypto if at all that can be done are

1. Use case- what is the technology trying to do, what problem does it solve in real world  and in what markets is it going to be used and is there a market for it. Because at the core very technology is a service to human need, see  if the use case seems important enough for you.

2. Team- This need not always be true but its always best to have a team thats reputable with good technical team, decent financial backers.

3.Technology and Roadmap-  What kind of tech they are using, at what stage of completion it is, is there some working apps. What is the road map for completetion.

4. Coin volume in circulation, supply this to mostly look speculate what amount to buy. Good circulating supply means people are invested in the project.Which is always good.

5.Gut feeling.

wriizo

Activity: 132

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:31:29 PM

Mostly if I think is something that I would use or something like thaat...
I don't really care about the whitepaper. Everyone could have done that.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1792

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:43:21 PM

you have so many questions, i'll try to sort it out, and put some brief answers on it.

1. Is there something that makes you trust (or at least to take a leap of faith on) a project before the ICO stage (not a Pre-ICO for the big whales), before you can see the pics of a team and rush through few pages of the WhitePaper/brief or take a peek at the future RoadMap?
- further explanation(?) Meaning would you do anything before you can see the value of the project/token/something else. No investments or heavy work, just spread the word and maybe leave your email for the team.

answer: if i can't take a look at their team, read the whitepaper, or roadmap, i would never do anything. i've been scammed a lot man (in a bounty campaign)

2. Would you trust a project if it was featured in an article on some site you trust or would the simple advertisement on the same trustworthy site work for you?

answer: never happened to me, i'd rather research the project by my own first

3. Would you rather trust the project that promises fantastic turnout which in real life is pretty hard to execute (a Lamborghini Diablo or an iPhone XXX to every early adopter) or the one that might downplay its worth but might have a real effect on some of the problems you or the world face everyday?

answer: the second one

4. Would you trust a professionally looking website with lots of texts or graphical landings with easily comprehensible sequencing? etc. All in all what makes you tick regarding new and unknown projects (or rather if you would even participate in such a project before an ICO).

answer: yes ofc

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
langdong

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:53:18 PM

1. The website: How does it look, do I like etc.
2. The team: Do I trust the team to achieve something extraordinary? Are they experienced? Would I entrust them my money? Do they show their faces on the website?
3. The vision: Do they have a vision with a possible real life adoption? Do people need what they want to achieve?
4. The white paper: How does it look? How is it written? Does it convince me?
5. The coin/token: Does it even have usage? The more usage the coin/token has the better. Or is it just a way of the team to generate fast money?
6. The prototype: Do they have one? How long will it take until the release?
7. The roadmap: What are the next steps? Do they seem fine for me? Does it match to what the team promises?
8. GitHub: I check their GitHub. Are they working? How regularly do they update it etc.
9. Partnerships etc.: Do they already have some? Who? Who might also join in the near future?

Yeah, basically those are the points I check before investing. For an ICO I use the points that already can be verified of course.
Buyingallcoinsz

Activity: 392
Merit: 263

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:59:27 PM

There are too many factors to name them all but if I have to name two are the minimal: Roadmap and a team. These are really two main factors!!!
akitha

Activity: 742

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:43:29 PM

Check the website, social media site first.. then reading their white paper.. Dev must be present in the telegram group to have interaction with their investor.

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:28:45 PM

There are too many factors to name them all but if I have to name two are the minimal: Roadmap and a team. These are really two main factors!!!
All the road maps are the same, teams are different, I have the same road map as every single project, kill Bitcoin and collect money for holy purposes, a.k.a jumping the first available prostitute.
My road map, like all the other road maps, activity tokens are explained:

Offers feeless, instantaneous transactions, as well as unlimited scalability, making .................. ideal for peer-to-peer transactions.
The network requires minimal resources, no high-power mining hardware, and can process high transaction throughput.
Blockchain technology is disruptive and exciting. New applications and use cases are being thought of and developed daily. We will list some of them here for idea generation about how the ............. Platform can move your business into the future.
With our development platform and team, building and deploying complex blockchain apps becomes a breeze.
............ is a decentralised public blockchain and cryptocurrency project and is fully open source. ............ is developing a smart contract platform which seeks to deliver more advanced features than any protocol previously developed. It is the first blockchain platform to evolve out of a scientific philosophy and a research-first driven approach. The development team consists of a large global collective of expert engineers and researchers
which can be used to send and receive digital funds. This digital cash represents the future of money, making possible fast, direct transfers that are guaranteed to be secure through the use of cryptography.
is more than just a cryptocurrency
This is the first blockchain project to be developed from a scientific philosophy, and the only one to be designed and built by a global team of leading academics and engineers. It is essential that the technology is secure, flexible and scalable for use by many millions of users. Consequently, considerable thought and care from some of the leading experts in their fields has been devoted to the project and informed design decisions
has striven to solve blockchain governance. Our innovative consensus voting model empowers stakeholders and allows for the seamless transition from one set of rules to another. Decentralized decision-making and self-funding have enabled us to build a robust, evolving digital currency, free from third party influence.
Trust me and start buying activity tokens, let me know if you need the asset identifier to locate them on Waves DEX. just hurry please, a man has got to eat right?

🖤😏
Lastsamuraj

Activity: 266

Prontapay

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:02:00 PM

You really cant trust anything,specially with low marketcap.A lot of same looking project with a lot of promisses.Its a risk and gamble at some point,but this is how you earn easy money if lucky

renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:19:22 PM

The team makes me trust a crypto project but even I fully believe in a team, I would try to be logical about a project because lots of projects with great teams fails.
dorada60

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:29:42 PM

Economical background, logic and a bit of feeling  Smiley
norman472

Activity: 284

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:10:18 AM

There are several factors that we should look at, too long if I write here.
Most importantly we can see his team then we can check from the website and roadmap what their mission and vision.

▁▁▁▁▁                 SECURE AND LICENSED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE                 ▁▁▁▁▁
INVECH     WHITEPAPER | ANN THREAD | FACEBOOK | TWITTER | TELEGRAM | MEDIUM     INVECH
▔▔▔▔▔                   JOIN INVECH INITIAL EXCHANGE OFFERING NOW!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: