Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:52:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is.. is this the end..?  (Read 262 times)
Enjel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:55:08 AM

Of course not.

Bitcoin has survived much worse than this FUD (? What exactly is so disastrous about recent news) in the past, and will continue to, and be just fine.

You really think this was the last wave?

The alt-market is retracting, but for alt-holders, we know that Bitcoin and alts are in a tug-of-war, and the alt market will surge again, just like in the past (we are probably approaching summer-fall of 2017 pattern, where the alt-market crashed, but I doubt Bitcoin will surge again unless transaction speed/costs are fixed).

The #1 reason why there is *no reason to panic* is that right now, only a very small number of people are into cryptocurrencies, yet its fame is growing, and new money is still going to be entering the market at a massive rate in the future.
As long as you have that momentum, even some sharp pullbacks like this won't matter so much.

HODL

Using crypto to pay for college.
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ktabb

Activity: 266
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 11:43:20 AM

I don't think this is the end of bitcoin entirely, but I think it might be the beginning of the end. We have seen some serious fundamental problems with bitcoin as far as scaling goes, which reduces any intrinsic value it had to virtually zero. Other cryptocurrencies have solved many of bitcoin's problems and are likely to eclipse it. Furthermore, there are no new buyers left for this unwarranted and insane rally we've seen over the past 12 months. This is looking like a typical bubble cycle and the price is likely to crash again like it always does.

Holding bitcoin now (and certainly trading it) is 100% gambling, and the odds are probably stacked against you. There is no logical reason to think it will stick around or rise in price.

Enjel (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:47:40 AM

I don't think this is the end of bitcoin entirely, but I think it might be the beginning of the end. We have seen some serious fundamental problems with bitcoin as far as scaling goes, which reduces any intrinsic value it had to virtually zero. Other cryptocurrencies have solved many of bitcoin's problems and are likely to eclipse it. Furthermore, there are no new buyers left for this unwarranted and insane rally we've seen over the past 12 months. This is looking like a typical bubble cycle and the price is likely to crash again like it always does.

Holding bitcoin now (and certainly trading it) is 100% gambling, and the odds are probably stacked against you. There is no logical reason to think it will stick around or rise in price.

I understand why you'd think that. We will see, although the recent bounce was quite convincing that there are buyers definitely waiting down there to pick up what the sellers are dropping.
The low adoption level of crypto in general still makes me think that this is just the start of the real thing.

Maybe not for Bitcoin IF it does not solve its transactional issues. Scaling being the big issue.

nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:48:37 AM

End? When we have not even started. As far as I am concerned, this is just the beginning. This is not something new, markets have gone down more than this before and ended up recovering and the last time I even checked, this kind of trend usually come back with a speedy recovery. I hope I am right, but right now, having some alts down, even screams some trading profit.
Enjel (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:51:26 AM

End? When we have not even started. As far as I am concerned, this is just the beginning. This is not something new, markets have gone down more than this before and ended up recovering and the last time I even checked, this kind of trend usually come back with a speedy recovery. I hope I am right, but right now, having some alts down, even screams some trading profit.

Exactly Smiley Look at the bigger picture - some governments are putting up regulations, and are banning ONLY those who break the law (duh).

The truth is that people want crypto, and governments just want to tax and regulate it, not ban it altogether.

Heavy adoption is just starting. New wallets are being created at a record rate. Sellers will soon FOMO and get back in.

The cycle will continue simply because there are so many potential buyers.

ktabb

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 09:38:28 PM

I understand why you'd think that. We will see, although the recent bounce was quite convincing that there are buyers definitely waiting down there to pick up what the sellers are dropping.
The low adoption level of crypto in general still makes me think that this is just the start of the real thing.

Maybe not for Bitcoin IF it does not solve its transactional issues. Scaling being the big issue.

It's true that crypto adoption rates in general are still very low, so I don't blame people who take out small long term positions in cryptocurrencies if they really believe that they will be used commonly in the future. That being said, I don't think it will be bitcoin if this does happen. I'm also really not convinced that crypto will ever reach the level of ubiquity that many investors hope it will.

zazzbg

Activity: 54
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 09:46:38 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
This is the end.
Rinsend

Activity: 784
Merit: 262

AZBI NETWORK - Multichain system

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:00:30 PM

momentum for us to start buying in,
be it in bitcoin or altcoin is very important,
because otherwise we will only find the falling btc price.
but until we are able to do hold, it is very important to keep us from market crashes.
true, we must know the right momentum

▰ AZBI ▰     White Paper
              LinkedIn Twitter Telegram
bucciarati

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:05:03 PM

this is the end, beautiful friends, the end
or one of the already called ends and one on the list of future ends that are going to be

it's like matrix when neo faces the architect in infinite iterations

this is another one

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:05:21 PM

Utter unshaved balls. No other alt has solved shit other than in theory. ETH was supposed to be the one yet its chain too was crippled by virtual kitties.

In case you hadn't noticed this might be the year that BTC does finally address this and delivers lightning networks that give incredible capacity at negligible fees. It could all fail horribly or fulfil every possible desire. Let's see.

In the meantime.

Sir Cross

Activity: 336
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:07:36 PM

For FUDs, the price has gone really low this time but if I were to think about it, bitcoin is not about to die for now. There are still so many users and supporters despite the crazy transaction fees. The hype has died down but there are still many who buy bitcoin and invest in it, I think especially the traders now who will take advantage of the price dip and will buy at a lower price.

we're not sure when bitcoin will rise again but the price will stabilize at some point, and I believe that it won't continue to dip because there are still so many bitcoin users and supporters.

ktabb

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:26:04 PM

Utter unshaved balls. No other alt has solved shit other than in theory. ETH was supposed to be the one yet its chain too was crippled by virtual kitties.

In case you hadn't noticed this might be the year that BTC does finally address this and delivers lightning networks that give incredible capacity at negligible fees. It could all fail horribly or fulfil every possible desire. Let's see.

In the meantime.

I'll admit that I'm not as familiar with all of the alt coins as I am with bitcoin, but I believe that litecoin and bitcoin cash both have significantly lower fees and faster transaction times, and IOTA has zero fees. I'm not sure about its transaction times. To be fair, none of these coins have reached the scale that bitcoin has reached. That being said, there is no reason to believe that some "lightening network" will solve bitcoin's transaction problems at scale. Bitcoin is still only handling maybe 10 or so transactions per second. Visa alone does over 1700 per second. Bitcoin has not even come remotely close to the scale it would need to reach in order to warrant a market cap like the one it has now.

Tonygold1967

Activity: 308
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:27:48 PM

I don't think its over, people talking about a crash makes more people learn about it, tanking it out with optimism.
on unrelated note: if there is someone who makes music by copying coin charts, I'd love to listen to january
Enjel (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:28:56 PM

The market cap is just the (highest price someone will pay right now) * (number of Bitcoins).

It's not like the standard market cap or anything, because so much of it is just thin air.

Not that it's bad or anything.. just a fact. I think Bitcoin's price can be justified at many levels.

Alns

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:32:13 PM

It is not the end piece of dumbass, just relax your fucking hands because this is not the end. Please stop creating this kind of bullshit in the forum because there are more than 10's threads asking the same in here.

THE PRICE IS GOING TO RECOVER SOON, there is no need to worry about it.

Just buy as much as you can, and keep holding for a while.

All those who hold, are rewarded later.
Enjel (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 10:33:09 PM

It is not the end piece of dumbass, just relax your fucking hands because this is not the end. Please stop creating this kind of bullshit in the forum because there are more than 10's threads asking the same in here.

Did you read one sentence of what I wrote? (The first one)

ktabb

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:36:38 PM

^ Clearly didn't read the post

smallcryptoinvestor

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:06:32 PM

I sure hope not that this is end of cryptotimes. I am still new to crypto and I experienced when BTC dropped from its ATH to 7900 euro. I believed it will recover and it did quite nice, even if did not reach its peak. So of course I believe that BTC will recover eventually. These threads and posts telling people to calm down and to just HODL is a bit reassuring. Many people are new here and without everyones support they would feel more terrible. I think the future is looking very bright now and it is a great time to buy now.
JohnTask

Activity: 35
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 11:12:29 PM

Hey man, please read the OP again. I like Enjel's attitude. Not overly bearish, not overly bullish. He can be both sceptical and hopeful at the same time. It's healthy.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: