Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:42:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: France declares war on the cryptocurrencies  (Read 1069 times)
poor-yorik

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 01:59:26 PM

one thing I know is that there is always a threshold to everything. They'll keep on fighting and fighting crypto but they'll be fed up sometime and crypto will be back on its feet. Same was done some few years ago when BTC started. By the way it's good it's a regulation and not a ban(that's more threatening).

They are afraid to ban crypto explicitly so they decided to regulate it to death, tax it to the limit until no one is going to use it. But unless they unite at the world level and above, these regulations will most likely fail. Ultimately, all regulations at whatever level will fail, but it may take time until crypto breaks through and crushes them all.
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chrystora123

Activity: 1414
Merit: 228

Omicron is another FUD

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:15:33 PM

whether this is set up?
whatever the answer, if French who do Ban on Bitcoin it will not affect the decline in the price of Bitcoin, the decline in the price of Bitcoin is currently only saturated time, sooner or later certainly its price will go back up.

Lampaster

Activity: 406
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 24, 2018, 02:19:14 PM

whether this is set up?
whatever the answer, if French who do Ban on Bitcoin it will not affect the decline in the price of Bitcoin, the decline in the price of Bitcoin is currently only saturated time, sooner or later certainly its price will go back up.
I think you are too optimistic. Now in Davos is the world financial forum. There will be a discussion about the cryptocurrency. We don't know what they agree. In case if the decision on the fight against bitcoin the price can fall to zero. We are waiting for news.
Lupus Solitarius

Activity: 273
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 10:54:08 PM

Well, not only France, but a lot of countries are studying measure to control bitcoin.
Actually, what a single country does it wont affect too much the price, because investors know that there is no way to stop bitcoin acting locally.
Instead, if a common decision will be taken on global scale,... well, this will be very bad for bitcoin and all cryptocurrencies.

But, knowing how difficult is usually for them to find a global agreement even for trivial things, I this we can sleep peacefully :-)

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:04:38 AM

In case if the decision on the fight against bitcoin the price can fall to zero.

this won't happen. look to places like china. they've done all they can to squash bitcoin. people have moved to telegram groups and are trading with each other. if it happens in other countries the same will occur too.

i don't buy the line of an illegal bitcoin being more desirable. that's dumb. it's not a drug and if it's illegal it's less useful, but it still has useful properties. 

i expect what they'll do is reaffirm what's already in place - lots of kyc on exchanges and any service that's custodial. look to the new york bitlicence for the endgame for that attitude. it's onerous but doable.
Satry

Activity: 190
Merit: 106

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:19:11 AM

french has said war on Cryptocurrency, I hope my country does not follow in the footsteps of French because I just engaged in the world of cryptocurrency  Sad

Maybe someday it can affect to other country because they have an idea that Cryptocurrency can use such crimes, but hope so they would not be able to react such news because I have read that some countries whose permanently ban the cryptocurrency but hope so our country would not be able to react such news. Probably the French not want to expand such crimes so they think that it better to regulate laws to stop using Cryptocurrencies. Any country they can abuse especially who can sit on the top.
kevin go

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:29:29 AM

Last week French finance Minister Bruno Le Maire, calls for new regulations to prevent cryptocurrencies being used to dodge taxes and funding of illegal activities. These new regulations will impose restrictions on speculators and financial manipulators. After Korea France is the second country in this month which is trying to ban/ regulate bitcoin currency. But this ban has not done any large impact on world bitcoin community, its impact remain up to French bitcoin users.
sofi@

Activity: 238
Merit: 108

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 03:30:56 AM

I believe France is only against to the illegal issues concerning the use of bitcoin and other cryptos but if time comes that this issue will be resolve I think France as well as other country will start accepting bitcoin in their market. Many issues will really test the strength of crypto currencies but we must continue supporting it and understand that whatever happen bitcoin will remain a currency valued by most people

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:31:08 AM

What is the big deal if they will declare war on the cryptocurrencies because it doesn't matter if they declare war on cryptocurrencies because the only thing that matters here is the demand for bitcoin and it seems that the demand is still high and i don't think that cryptocurrencies will fall just because of the war that has been declared by the France.
kirana08

Activity: 122

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:41:51 AM

this is just a discourse.
it's the same thing that people want to stop the storm.
the national decisions of the francis only affect the francis.
to stop cripto there must be an international agreement.
Hirameki

Activity: 176
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:44:54 AM

As I read the article, I think France has a point on regulating cryptocurrencies but I doubt that this would lead to a total ban because if they want their investors to stop buying cryptocurrencies, they should ban it in the first place and not just regulation.

bitsticker

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:56:32 AM

as long as france is not a big player on the market, such news shall not affect the market. unlike china, korea, usa
loyaeskiron

Activity: 69

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 11:36:52 AM

Being a newbie, I don't think the war between one person against cryptocurrencies, maybe it is a person of interest or they want to advertise their name only.
johanesrobin

Activity: 658
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 10:34:03 PM

I do not care about this policy, the impact will not be too big because I live in Asia. If Japan or China do the same thing as french then I know this is a nightmare for me.
I will not think about it, because it makes me dizzy and worried.
SirLancelot

Activity: 2478
Merit: 582

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 07:58:36 AM

As I read the article, I think France has a point on regulating cryptocurrencies but I doubt that this would lead to a total ban because if they want their investors to stop buying cryptocurrencies, they should ban it in the first place and not just regulation.
Yes, it seems like they want to regulate, but whatever plan they are taking, I believe it will only be taking place in France and not worldwide, unless other governments will just decide to follow their lead. But regulate Bitcoin, I don’t really see that as a good idea.

By the way, the bank of France governor said that Bitcoin is not a cryptocurrency, neither is it a currency. I wonder what he meant by that.
junoreactor

Activity: 196
Merit: 109

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:01:37 AM

Yes, it seems like they want to regulate, but whatever plan they are taking, I believe it will only be taking place in France and not worldwide, unless other governments will just decide to follow their lead. But regulate Bitcoin, I don’t really see that as a good idea.

By the way, the bank of France governor said that Bitcoin is not a cryptocurrency, neither is it a currency. I wonder what he meant by that.
Probably means that he believes bitcoin right now is purely a speculative asset, and in that regard should be considered to have the same status as stocks in the financial market: so tax wise bitcoin profits will be taxed the same way as stock profits.
Roukawa

Activity: 546
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 11:27:35 AM

What is wrong with all these nations? First it was China which was trying to ban the Bitcoin trade. Then it was India's turn. And then we heard news from Nepal and Bangladesh, where Bitcoin users were arrested and detained. And when we thought that we had enough, there was a major blow from one of the most significant markets (South Korea). And now France as well...
This is the great problem that cryptocurrency encounter as of now and even in the future. The government did not want to exist this type of asset that violate any rule such as imposing of tax. Cryptocurrency also can be used as storage tool in money laundering and in crime.
We might be scared of this event but we must still pray that this would not be the end of crypto since many of us are just starting to cope up with the trend.

PrinceCaspian

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:03:10 PM

A lot of countries are now against bitcoin but bitcoin stays on its range and i don't think that bitcoin will go down lower than 10k even though there are things like this. Even france declared war on the cryptocurrencies like bitcoin then it is not enough to totally stop bitcoin because bitcoin is decentralized and it doesn't obey any orders from a country because it is not centralized.

▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄
   ▄████████████████████████▄████████████████████████████████████▀▀███▄
  █████████▀        ▀███████████████▀         ▀████   ██████   ██████▀██     ███████████▄    ██████████   ███████████▄
 █████████    ▄▄▄▄    █████████████▀   ▄▄▄▄▄   ▀███    █████   ██████████    ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀████
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███     ████   ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███       ███
██████████   ▀█████▄▄▄█████████████   ███████   ███      ███   ████████████            ███   ███          ███       ███
███████████▄    ▀▀█████████████████   ███████   ███   █   ██   ████████████            ███   ███  █████   ███      ▄███
██████████████▄▄    ▀██████████████   ███████   ███   ██   █   ████████████            ███   ███  ▀▀▀▀▀   ███    █████▀
██████████▀▀▀█████▄   █████████████   ███████   ███   ███      ████████████            ███   ███          ███     ███
██████████   ██████   █████████████   ███████   ███   ████     ███████████   ███       ███   ███          ███      ███
 █████████    ▀▀▀▀    █████████████▄   ▀▀▀▀▀   ▄███   █████    ██████████    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███       ███
  █████████▄        ▄███████████████▄         ▄████   ██████   ██████▄██     ███████████▀    ██████████   ███        ███
   ▀████████████████████████▀████████████████████████████████████▄▄███▀
      ▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀

HIGH-SECURE PAYMENT ALGORITHM FOR E-COMMERCE
█████|     Telegram     |     Twitter     |     Medium     |     Youtube     |     Facebook     |█████

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER
ANN Thread

PRIVATE SALE...MARCH 10
PRE-SALE▬▬▬.MARCH 25
CROWDSALE.APRIL 11
RudeeTam

Activity: 299
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 12:10:14 PM

I don't get the hate on taxes. Eventually we will need to pay taxes for everything. If you move out of cryptos because of the taxes you're losing out on, still, a huge chance to earn money. Paying taxes doesn't mean the government will take ALL your money, just a portion of it. If you have to give $6000 out of your $20000 that's still $14000. It will also protect us since now, it will be audited and cannot be used for terrorism and such.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Peterson410

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 27, 2018, 02:17:36 PM

What is the major ordeal on the off chance that they will pronounce war on the digital forms of money since it doesn't make a difference in the event that they announce war on cryptographic forms of money on the grounds that the main thing that issues here is the interest for bitcoin and it appears that the request is still high and I don't feel that digital forms of money will fall due to the war that has been proclaimed by the France.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: