Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:49:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tools for Trading BTC  (Read 1044 times)
DrKennethNoisewater (OP)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2011, 07:13:31 PM

Hello All:

As BTC continues to gain traction and evolves into more of a liquid and tradeable  instrument, it would be nice to have some tools, or real-time alerts that will assist us in figuring out when to buy/sell/short/exit/enter. (intraday as well as longer term)

So, if a product like this were available, what are some of the alerts or indicators that the trading community would be interested in?

DKN

Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 02:13:30 AM

I was trying to explain what day trading was to a 10 year old girl. When I suggested she could do it, she said it looked boring. That got me thinking. It could be made 'game like'.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 02:39:51 AM

I was trying to explain what day trading was to a 10 year old girl. When I suggested she could do it, she said it looked boring. That got me thinking. It could be made 'game like'.

Bitcoin and Minecraft need to converge somehow.
DrKennethNoisewater (OP)

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 02:54:34 AM

That would be cool ;>

I'm a gamer as well, but haven't been gaming since I started mining. But it would be cool to host Quake Live deathmatches or some other FPS and pay bitcoins to the winner..........

As far as indicators/alerts for bitcoin trading, I was thinking volume spikes on the 1 min time frame and some other basic stuff like Standard Deviation, avg volatility,along with some other over bought/oversold stuff.......I guess when there's only 1 "stock" to watch you dont need a whole lot....guess we'll see.

DKN

silverchair

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 02:56:29 AM

Hello All:

As BTC continues to gain traction and evolves into more of a liquid and tradeable  instrument, it would be nice to have some tools, or real-time alerts that will assist us in figuring out when to buy/sell/short/exit/enter. (intraday as well as longer term)

So, if a product like this were available, what are some of the alerts or indicators that the trading community would be interested in?

DKN

Great idea Wink

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
netrin

Activity: 322
Merit: 251

FirstBits: 168Bc

View Profile
July 11, 2011, 05:08:51 AM

As far as indicators/alerts for bitcoin trading, I was thinking volume spikes on the 1 min time frame and some other basic stuff like Standard Deviation, avg volatility,along with some other over bought/oversold stuff....

I'm thinking an interface like mtgoxlive in which I can just click buy and sell orders along the price axis on either side of the bid/ask divide. I want a 'clear all' button. I want to set how many units per click. I want to see my buys and sells explode as they are matched on the market. I want to see my average past sell price and my average past buy prices. I want to see my rate of gains in both currencies over time (on the same chart).

A single click could execute a function of a series of buys and sells in 1% doubling increments or set a bouncing window/path.

Greenlandic tupilak. Hand carved, traditional cursed bone figures. Sorry, polar bear, walrus and human remains not available for export.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: