Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:28:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: my first MINING RIG i need your help  (Read 135 times)
stonedgz (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 02:31:47 PM

so i got all the hardware today and after a few hours i had it working now i have few questions

im mining musiccoin right now

2 rx570 doing 21.600mh\s  21.900mh\s out of the box

im gonna bios them and let you guys know what's te hashrate

my gpu temp is 75c is that normal ?? or it should be lower and fan speed is around 40%

give me ur advice

thx in advance
mshordja

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:47:53 PM

so i got all the hardware today and after a few hours i had it working now i have few questions

my gpu temp is 75c is that normal ?? or it should be lower and fan speed is around 40%

give me ur advice

thx in advance
For me is to high 75c, i am mining ETH dual and around 50c with no condition or something else to low the temperature.

mshordja

Activity: 146
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 02:49:20 PM

i forgot i put the fan on min 60%

stonedgz (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:03:41 PM

give me ur advice

thx in advance
For me is to high 75c, i am mining ETH dual and around 50c with no condition or something else to low the temperature.

is there any way to make it go lower than that !!

i even turned on the ac but still 75c !!!

and if it stayed like this will that affect my hashrate or my gpu ??
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:22:46 PM

No it wont at 75C but it makes me uncomfortable seeing the temps that high. If you get close to 80c you will start wearing down the life of your cards.  Can you space the cards out more, move them to an open air setup, or find a way to push cool air or pull the hot air away from the cards?

If not maybe ramp up your fan curve to 75-85% to see if that helps.
stonedgz (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:58:49 PM

No it wont at 75C but it makes me uncomfortable seeing the temps that high. If you get close to 80c you will start wearing down the life of your cards.  Can you space the cards out more, move them to an open air setup, or find a way to push cool air or pull the hot air away from the cards?

ill make more space between the GPUz

so i tried to bios mod them after i finish claymore keep on telling me no amd cards were found  and i cant do anything in afterburner can you hep me with that did i do somehting wrong while moding i mean i just copied the straps that i guess everybody is doing and working fine with them !!

but apparently not me
dcjim1

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:06:16 PM

so i tried to bios mod them after i finish claymore keep on telling me no amd cards were found  and i cant do anything in afterburner can you hep me with that did i do somehting wrong while moding i mean i just copied the straps that i guess everybody is doing and working fine with them !!

but apparently not me

will try to help a bit..

there is no definite answer, it can be a combination of things, give the following a try if you want but no definite answer to your question...

1. run DDU to uninstall all other video drivers, and then install AMD blockchain drivers
2. go into BIOS and change your PCIe slots to Gen1 (or Gen2) mode. how to do this depends on the mobo and bios you have.
3. if you have a mining mobo, make sure mining mode is enabled
4. check your riser boards and usb cables, make sure they are plugged in firmly, if error persist then you should try another riser board/cable. i got a lot of faulty ones so this could be a main source of error, especially if you see pcie errors under HWINFO64

another thing is if you are modding the bios, run pixel patcher to patch it after you mod the bios, and always make a backup copy of the original bios in case you need to flash it back to factory settings.

good luck..

4Dante

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:08:51 PM

Dont worry. 75c its ok, My -tt in claymore is 75. And my hash rate with bios mod and blockchain drivers is 28 mhs (mem 1950mhz, clock 1400mhz, Asus strixx 570)

But this hash is about agoust (the dag increased quite a lot since then), right now i'm not minnig eth, cryptonight is very profitable in these times.
stonedgz (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:34:13 PM

but apparently not me

will try to help a bit..

there is no definite answer, it can be a combination of things, give the following a try if you want but no definite answer to your question...

1. run DDU to uninstall all other video drivers, and then install AMD blockchain drivers
2. go into BIOS and change your PCIe slots to Gen1 (or Gen2) mode. how to do this depends on the mobo and bios you have.
3. if you have a mining mobo, make sure mining mode is enabled
4. check your riser boards and usb cables, make sure they are plugged in firmly, if error persist then you should try another riser board/cable. i got a lot of faulty ones so this could be a main source of error, especially if you see pcie errors under HWINFO64

another thing is if you are modding the bios, run pixel patcher to patch it after you mod the bios, and always make a backup copy of the original bios in case you need to flash it back to factory settings.

good luck..

thank you for ur time  but when i enabled mining mode when restart it take me to the mobo setting and i couldnt know how to boot to desktop !!!

feeling stupid Sad

my mobo gigabyte H110 D3A
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: