Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 12:23:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How altcoins mining works  (Read 143 times)
Palcinko (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:11:22 PM

Hello guys,

we are considering to start mining altcoins with my colleague but I still don't understand one thing.

As an effective miner you should switch mining of altcoins in terms of best increase prediction of the coin. If we would decide to mine some kind of unknown altcoin, how should we exchange it, if our wallet (Ledger) doesn't support it.

How does it work? Should I find a wallet which supports it, or can we mine this unknown altcoin directly to market such as coinbase or gdax and exchange it for Etherum or Bitcoin?

This is the last piece of puzzle which I am trying to figure out.

Every reply is very welcome.

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Subal_Damudar

Activity: 90
Merit: 13

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:25:07 PM

Hello guys,

we are considering to start mining altcoins with my colleague but I still don't understand one thing.

As an effective miner you should switch mining of altcoins in terms of best increase prediction of the coin. If we would decide to mine some kind of unknown altcoin, how should we exchange it, if our wallet (Ledger) doesn't support it.

How does it work? Should I find a wallet which supports it, or can we mine this unknown altcoin directly to market such as coinbase or gdax and exchange it for Etherum or Bitcoin?

This is the last piece of puzzle which I am trying to figure out.

Every reply is very welcome.

Thank you!

An altcoin would not exist if there is no wallet for it. The developers have already made available of such wallets with their coin launch.
Off course, unless there is an exchange supporting those coins, you would not be able to store those coins online. Read the FAQ of those coins that you want to mine, they always have instructions on how to store those coins in your desktop wallet (offline).

As far as mining goes, just go by volume, the larger the volume a coin has, the more it will move on market. The more movement it has, the more amount of people would buy/sell your shitcoin. I mean altcoin.  Cool Cool
Palcinko (OP)

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 03:33:33 PM

Thank you Subal_Damudar for your answer!
skymia

Activity: 140
Merit: 5

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 10:00:41 PM

Brand New coin with very high potential, do your own research! Good luck!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2753447.0

Discordapp.com/invite/fQcYvkh ❤ Do Good Things-Make Life Better ❤  Masternodes 650% ROI ❤ TeleMedicine ❤ Folding@Home ❤ MEDIC coin
Miningstore

Activity: 107
Merit: 1

Miningstore.com - Mining Rigs and Rig Hosting

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2018, 09:42:41 PM

Cryptocurrencies are essentially ecosystems. In order for one to exist, it takes a series of coexisting components and faithful users. Wallets, miners, supply, demand, value, and so forth all have to come together and sustainably exist with each other. While mining new and exciting crypto-currencies could return larger profits, they're also more likely to implode. It really comes down to how aggressive you want to be. If you have reason to believe that a certain crypto-currency will succeed, you should mine some of it. However, if you're looking for sustainable and somewhat predictable profits, utilizing a more established market makes sense.

Typically speaking, markets such as CoinBase / Gdax will only support the large currencies. You'd have to rely on smaller alt-coin exchanges. Some of them might accept fiat <-> crypto, but a lot of them are crypto <-> crypto. You could always mine a cryptocurrency, exchange it for a popular currency like Ethereum, and exchange that on Coinbase / GDAX.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any more questions.
-Miningstore.co

Host your Antminer S9 starting at $82 a unit at www.miningstore.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: