Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:32:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do in this Dip  (Read 1386 times)
worldtraveller321 (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 04:07:50 PM

At moment i have a large list of coins. most i had bought at prices low, while some i am taking a loss at moment.
with recent dips going on. some are below, as its now a buyers market
should i still eventually invest in more BTC? ETH and LTC

should i sell off some alt coins and re buy at a lower price, since everything is still falling?
thoughts?
thanks

worldtraveller
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nl247

Activity: 518
Merit: 145

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 04:47:08 PM

Best time to sell is always at the top and buy back at dips. However, it seems the dip is long gone already, so there is no point selling now for loss. Just hold on to what you have and if you have more cash to spare, then you can just buy more and make some profit from the dip. Also, you should worry yourself less as long as you are holding for the long term.
Xenrise

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:06:35 PM

At moment i have a large list of coins. most i had bought at prices low, while some i am taking a loss at moment.

should i sell off some alt coins and re buy at a lower price, since everything is still falling?
thoughts?
thanks
What'll I do in this dip is that, I will use my strong balls in hodling my alts and will never exchange it to btc or in eth or in LTC. My alts are strong. Neo is my strongest alt at the moment.

If you're on a loss, don't sell it off. JUST HODL. That is the answer for you. Have some iron balls dude. Besides Q1 this year is the bull run for alts. Bullish market means it will moon.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:09:09 PM

At moment i have a large list of coins.
this is always a bad idea. when the numbers grow it becomes impossible to manage them and during both rises and falls you will miss out.

thoughts?
if i were you, i would have sold most of my altcoins and focused on only a handful of them. not just the top ones like ETH, LTC,... but a lot of them are good options at times and focusing a lot on one coin that is rising is always better than having a little in 100 coins that never rise.

and during the drops like this it is best to stay away until it reaches the bottom. currently we are pretty close to that point.

There is a FOMO brewing...
Mi5h0

Activity: 560
Merit: 273

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:09:40 PM

Like some mentioned before me, now is the best time to buy. But that’s just my opinion and you shouldn’t consider that as investment advice Wink
crypt0heaven

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:30:03 PM

thoughts?
thanks

If you were smart enough and took some profits and have chips on the side I would prepare to buy.

Dont be a noob and sell now, this is the perfect time to buy in cheaper.
Partizanai

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:31:17 PM

worst decision at this dip would be sell your assets. Best decision is to buy BTC with fiat. Average decision is to move some BTC around on more affected altcoins
Lordshiva

Activity: 840
Merit: 126

Welcome back 🙏

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:31:53 PM

It’s not the time to sell any of your coin which is down...yes if you have extra funds then it’s good time to buy more but surely not a time to sell...I myself bought 2 ethereum today

worldtraveller321 (OP)

Activity: 510
Merit: 33

The Quest of the Best Information to the Solution

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2018, 05:46:23 PM

thanks guys figure i was right already, just taking some profits already to buy into more Eth, as i don't have capital at moment

worldtraveller
vk279

Activity: 195

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:46:34 PM

If you are not fully invested or if you have extra cash, average down.  Keep buying small quantities of your favorite cryptos which you know are going to bounce big.

ferrydriver

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:47:41 PM

thoughts?
thanks

Personally I think the bottom is near but we can never be sure of that, given that I wouldn't risk trying to sell and rebuy. As you said, right now the smart money is buying, if you've got some spare capital then go ahead and invest it, many coins will have sharp and strong recoveries coming up soon. If you haven't got any spare capital you're just going to have to wait it out.
BigTeeths

Activity: 504

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:01:24 AM

Just let it happen and everything will be back to normal after. I've been wanting to buy some specific coins but I want it to get cheaper and now my wish has granted.
EdenDice

Activity: 418
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 08:15:20 AM

Yes.. it has already happened before, and the only thing that you can do is just wait until it all gets back to normality again. This will take no more than two weeks until we can see the price going up again.
Just let it happen and everything will be back to normal after. I've been wanting to buy some specific coins but I want it to get cheaper and now my wish has granted.

olushakes

Activity: 476
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:34:27 AM

thoughts?
thanks

I wouldn't advise you sell your alt at this time because it would mean selling at a loss. Study the market to know which one has the potential to recover because some of the coins developers will use the dip as an avenue or excuse for them to just bolt since what is happening is not isolated to them.

Again, at this time of dip those three options you have there are the most reasonable options because they are sure they bounce back, btc crashed to $9000+ but now, about hovering about touching $12000 so also some of the other two that are showing signs of recovery.
akitha

Activity: 742
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 11:54:08 AM

You should stay calm and relax Smiley, rather than selling on your loss. if you have extra bitcoin or ethereum buy more on this dips because when it pumps it worth it.
Just remember the saying "invest at your own risk and loss what you can afford Smiley

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:17:28 PM

thoughts?
thanks

I'm not sure if you sell altcoin in this situation (redmarket) and buy when its price is more down. That's very risky, because it could be altcoin that you have in the near will go up not go down. With the expection of rely on your lucky, you can do that. But, for me this time is good for HODL, let the price go back up.
Ararbermas

Activity: 1988
Merit: 283

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:20:59 PM

You should stay calm and relax Smiley, rather than selling on your loss. if you have extra bitcoin or ethereum buy more on this dips because when it pumps it worth it.
Just remember the saying "invest at your own risk and loss what you can afford Smiley
thats right we must risk first before we can gain, who knows if bitcoin price suddenly pump to the highest value . So much better to buy now and hold rather than selling , dont mind if price still fluctuating.  Cause for sure after a weeks the price will jump again.
cynical

Activity: 490
Merit: 136

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:22:10 PM

as you said yourself its a buyers market so I would buy more.
eventhough the bigger coins are still expensive if you can at all buy some of that now that they are priced low.
oh yes be patient and hodl what you have.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA   mastercard   SPA   UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
yamortsac

Activity: 154
Merit: 111

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:54:06 PM

I think it is better to hold your coins now and do not sell them until the price gets high for you to have higher income. And if you can still afford to buy more while the price is low then buy some to have more profit.
sparg

Activity: 280
Merit: 110

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 12:56:44 PM

You should never sell coins in a dip. This is the fastest way for loosing youre money. If you have some funds you should buy some more coins but do not touch the ones you have right now. This is a rookie mistake and this is how i`ve lost 80% of my portofolio in the past. Panic sell is the beginner worst enemy.
If you cant mnage to strain yourself you should take a break from crypto and dont look at the charts for a month because we are in a long dip right now and it will take some time for the market to recover, but it will sure do.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: