Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:48:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: If USD are backed by guns ...  (Read 1081 times)
Peter Lambert (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 08:46:44 PM

If the value of the United States Dollar is backed by guns, can I redeem my dollar for one gun please?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Satobit

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 22, 2013, 10:45:15 PM

If the value of the United States Dollar is backed by guns, can I redeem my dollar for one gun please?

you dollars isn't enough to redeem a screw used on a F22. 
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 01:45:48 AM

It's more of a situation of "redeemable in being shot at". I understand they do a "boots on your head" variation.

Vires in numeris
ninjarobot

Activity: 761

Mine Silent, Mine Deep

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:02:27 PM

The Dollar might be backed by faith, force and coercion, but Bitcoin is backed by mathematics and the free people of planet Earth. Pick one.
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:29:46 PM

The dollar not - but a gun store could issue gun cards: The bearer of this card has the right to readeam 1 gun at [shop name]. If the shop in fact had a sufficient supply of guns, the card would also be backed by guns. It could work. If the card also gained exchange value, many more gun factories would pop up, and everybody would have hundreds of gun cards for their retirement. Go for it.
C10H15N

Activity: 811
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 23, 2013, 11:41:46 PM

As a collector, my father is hedging the USD with guns.   Grin

Only when the tide goes out do you discover who's been swimming naked. -Warren Buffett
RapidCoinz

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:58:23 AM

The Dollar might be backed by faith, force and coercion, but Bitcoin is backed by mathematics and the free people of planet Earth. Pick one.

Great call!!!  Well put  Wink
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2013, 06:39:24 PM

The dollar not - but a gun store could issue gun cards: The bearer of this card has the right to readeam 1 gun at [shop name]. If the shop in fact had a sufficient supply of guns, the card would also be backed by guns. It could work. If the card also gained exchange value, many more gun factories would pop up, and everybody would have hundreds of gun cards for their retirement. Go for it.

Would have to be specific guns pricewise, but yeah, I like this idea.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
xxjs

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 07:15:03 PM

Hello, this is IBWP, the Intrinsic and Backing Word Police. Happy to serve you.

The dollar is not backed by anything, and has no intrinsic value.

Don't reply to this address, noone answers. If you have something to say, go to your city local government office, go down to the basement, sweep away the spider net, wade through the sewage, and write your complaint on the blackboard at the end of the tunnel. And bring your own chalk. Thank you for your call.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
August 24, 2013, 09:37:12 PM

I never understood this black and white philosophy so many Bitcoiners seem to have.  Here's a crazy thought, have a little of both.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2013, 07:43:43 AM
Last edit: August 25, 2013, 10:36:30 AM by Lethn

I never understood this black and white philosophy so many Bitcoiners seem to have.  Here's a crazy thought, have a little of both.

No thanks, I like not being robbed of my money through inflation and taxes, the moment I can buy food and pay for my bills in Bitcoin I'm dumping the pound over here in the UK for good Cheesy. For the record, I'm almost pure Bitcoin already even though I barely have anything but my business is going to only deal in cryptos as well. I'm keeping all my savings either in Bitcoin or alternate currencies, the only thing I'm going to be putting in my bank is spending money for when I want to get food and stuff that I can't get on the internet yet.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: