Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:56:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KYC prodecure  (Read 144 times)
JoinWell.io (OP)

Activity: 210
Merit: 5

Healthcare delivered. WELL

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:18:38 PM

Hello, everyone.
We are developing WELL project - a global marketplace for healthcare services based on blockchain.  
Since KYC compliance is a very important issue, we want to ask you: how it's better to organize KYC procedure?

|  WELL  |  MAKING HEALTHCARE BORDERLESS
● ▬▬  ICO  》  3 January - May 15, 2018  ▬▬ ● (https://joinwell.io/)
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3429

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 09:36:05 AM

how it's better to organize KYC procedure?
In case your asking for steps, you can simply go with the higher the risk, more identity verification procedures scenario.

Simply start with simple "2 ID's" and further go with pic and video verification and for maximum identification, go with utility bills and etc... Different limits given by each identification level.

Hope I understood you correctly, also since "KYC" rules are different for each country, it will be worth to check the following website: http://kycmap.com/
Choose the country from the map > Click "More details".

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
stantpro

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 03:07:12 PM

Developing a questionnaire on the necessary profiling details of KYC is necessary
as it is shared among colleagues, associates, friends, et all to get the response to develop
a proper organized heath-care KYC procedure. Better still,one can consult professional
through outsourcing method to get these details. 
BenOnceAgain

Activity: 208
Merit: 84

🌐 www.btric.org 🌐

View Profile WWW
January 18, 2018, 05:23:42 PM

In case your asking for steps, you can simply go with the higher the risk, more identity verification procedures scenario.

Simply start with simple "2 ID's" and further go with pic and video verification and for maximum identification, go with utility bills and etc... Different limits given by each identification level.

Hope I understood you correctly, also since "KYC" rules are different for each country, it will be worth to check the following website: http://kycmap.com/

FYI, the website linked above is a great resource but it is also unfortunately out of date in at least the two countries I looked at (USA and Canada).

There is no short and sweet answer to KYC/AML/CFT compliance.  But for tl;dr purposes what SFR10 said is a great start.  Should get you 90% of the way there.

Every country has its own set of rules, more or less.  Some harmonization in the EU but even within EU member countries there are some differences.  KYC requirements also may vary not only based on the location of the business, but also the location of the customer.

Also, one other thought, specially relevant to healthcare businesses.  Healthcare related information is protected under different privacy laws, at least here in the United States.  One such law is HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which applies to all types of protected healthcare information (don't let the health insurance part in the name of the act fool you, it's applicable to nearly all types of healthcare businesses in the US).

My organization, BTRIC, is going to work as one of the objectives in our BTRIC Institute initiative to develop frameworks for KYC/AML/CFT compliance that will benefit the entirety of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.  They will be kept up to date, based on best-practices, and freely available.  We are a non-profit, contributions are tax-deductible (consult your tax advisor, this is not legal/tax advice, bla bla, our whitepaper has the formal disclaimer written by a law firm). 

We have a number of initiatives that will benefit the entire ecosystem, especially our incubator program where we're going to create some really great businesses.  As your project nears completion, consider donating some of your ICO/ITO to our organization.  You can read about us through the links in my signature.

Best regards,
Ben

Dream it. Plan it. Build it.
Need help with your project? [MY WEBSITE] | [MY COMPANY] | [BLOG] | [TWITTER] | [LINKEDIN] | [EMAIL]
Want to help support the blockchain charity I'm building? [LEARN ABOUT BTRIC] | [DONATE] | [TWITTER] | [EMAIL]
JoinWell.io (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:26:39 PM

Yep, you got that right.
Wow, that's a very helpful source, this site you gave. Thank you

JoinWell.io (OP)

View Profile
January 18, 2018, 06:54:16 PM

FYI, the website linked above is a great resource but it is also unfortunately out of date in at least the two countries I looked at (USA and Canada).

There is no short and sweet answer to KYC/AML/CFT compliance.  But for tl;dr purposes what SFR10 said is a great start.  Should get you 90% of the way there.

Every country has its own set of rules, more or less.  Some harmonization in the EU but even within EU member countries there are some differences.  KYC requirements also may vary not only based on the location of the business, but also the location of the customer.

Also, one other thought, specially relevant to healthcare businesses.  Healthcare related information is protected under different privacy laws, at least here in the United States.  One such law is HIPAA, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, which applies to all types of protected healthcare information (don't let the health insurance part in the name of the act fool you, it's applicable to nearly all types of healthcare businesses in the US).

My organization, BTRIC, is going to work as one of the objectives in our BTRIC Institute initiative to develop frameworks for KYC/AML/CFT compliance that will benefit the entirety of the cryptocurrency ecosystem.  They will be kept up to date, based on best-practices, and freely available.  We are a non-profit, contributions are tax-deductible (consult your tax advisor, this is not legal/tax advice, bla bla, our whitepaper has the formal disclaimer written by a law firm). 

We have a number of initiatives that will benefit the entire ecosystem, especially our incubator program where we're going to create some really great businesses.  As your project nears completion, consider donating some of your ICO/ITO to our organization.  You can read about us through the links in my signature.

Best regards,
Ben

Ben, hello and thanks for the info you provided.
Agree with you about protecting patients' data and etc. And we, WELL, are HIPAA compliant, which is great!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: