Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 01:48:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gdax/Coinbase crediting your wires fast or not?  (Read 92 times)
SteelCutOats (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 05:55:35 PM

If I do a wire today into Gdax, how fast will I see it credited in my Gdax account?

I have read horror stories, so I am iffy about doing this, but the sales are everywhere and I need the funds there in my trading account FAST!

Thanks !!
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:02:00 PM

I can't even get on coinbase right now to see how bad I'm doing
Walrus1

Activity: 182
Merit: 20

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:03:13 PM

Ps if you did a wire transfer it shouldn't take long but I think coinbase is having problems at the moment
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 06:05:25 PM

If I do a wire today into Gdax, how fast will I see it credited in my Gdax account?

I have read horror stories, so I am iffy about doing this, but the sales are everywhere and I need the funds there in my trading account FAST!

Thanks !!

Maybe 3-7 days. It’s taken a different amount of time for me every transfer. There’s nothing “fast” about bitcoin. The time involved is the reason most people get screwed over when an exchanges gets closed and raided by the feds or steals the money and runs away. They have to leave money on the exchange all the time.

Debit card/credit card = immediate.
Btc transaction = 10 minutes, 20 minutes, ?
Withdraw cash from a bank = 90 seconds
Withdraw cash from a bitcoin exchange = 3 days, 7 days, two weeks, who knows

SteelCutOats (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2018, 07:10:44 PM

Thanks !!

Maybe 3-7 days. It’s taken a different amount of time for me every transfer. There’s nothing “fast” about bitcoin. The time involved is the reason most people get screwed over when an exchanges gets closed and raided by the feds or steals the money and runs away. They have to leave money on the exchange all the time.

I did the wire to coinbase. I will let you know how fast I get credit for it.

I have not linked my debit card to coinbase, only my credit card, but I imagine the purchase limit they impose is the same for debit cards vs credit cards?
Also, is the debit card fee the same as their credit card fee?
I hate giving coinbase so much money in fees to use the credit cards and I can only buy $750 right now, which sucks.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you getting your fiat into crypto? Gemini or other?

Thanks
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 06:09:39 AM

Thanks !!

I have not linked my debit card to coinbase, only my credit card, but I imagine the purchase limit they impose is the same for debit cards vs credit cards?
I hate giving coinbase so much money in fees to use the credit cards and I can only buy $750 right now, which sucks.

If you don't mind me asking, how are you getting your fiat into crypto? Gemini or other?

Thanks

Yeah, let me know. You’re right the limit is the same. I get my coins from a Coinsource ATM in North beach, SF.

SteelCutOats (OP)

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 03:45:18 PM

Thanks !!

Thanks

Yeah, let me know. You’re right the limit is the same. I get my coins from a Coinsource ATM in North beach, SF.

Hi, surprisingly, they credited the wire the same day. It probably took around 6 hrs from when it was made.
Now I am not sure what to do since everything keeps going down.
I was going to go on a buying spree last night, but I am glad I didn't.
Nothing but hold what I already have and try to buy at some point soon.
Good luck!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
January 17, 2018, 07:56:19 PM

Thanks !!

Thanks

Hi, surprisingly, they credited the wire the same day. It probably took around 6 hrs from when it was made.
Now I am not sure what to do since everything keeps going down.
I was going to go on a buying spree last night, but I am glad I didn't.
Nothing but hold what I already have and try to buy at some point soon.
Good luck!

LOL isn’t it funny that they credit same day when the price is plummeting and three days when it’s skyrocketing. I guess they want you to get in there and buy to prop up the price.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: